Trying to muster up some positive feelings for the 2010 season and I'm not having much luck.

ARodJetsFan

The whole Greedus Mevis situation has been frustrating for alot of Jets Fans, there was a point when this was actually causing me to lose quite a bit of sleep believe it or not.

I have since accepted the fact that no matter what I say or do, I have no affect whatsoever on what Revis does or what the Jets do. I love the Jets and I am very passionate about them, I want my team to do the best they possibly can, obviously Revis playing will probably have some bearing on how well they do, or, don't do.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't change my own life one bit. I will still be carrying out my daily life, my daily routine, the same way, whether Revis signs with the Jets, or, sits out the entire season.

So now I am resigned to just sitting back and watching what happens, I am looking at the season as if Revis will not play this year, so, no matter what happens, I am not disappointed.

This whole pre-season has been less than inspiring, and quite honestly, I wish the Jets were not on Hard Knocks, I think it's doing more harm then good. I am sure there are plenty of people who will disagree with me, but, in my opinion, this whole Hard Knocks experience has been counterproductive, this team is lacking focus & discipline right now and I think Hard Knocks has alot to do with it.

I hope the Jets can pull it together and prove me wrong but this season isn't giving me very many positive vibes right now, the Mevis saga is just the cherry on top of a very uninspiring cake.

The Jets have a tall order on MNF vs the Ravens and I don't feel the Jets are up to the task right now, I am not trying to be negative, just honest with myself.

Like I said, I hope they will prove me wrong.

The whole Greedus Mevis situation has been frustrating for alot of Jets Fans, there was a point when this was actually causing me to lose quite a bit of sleep believe it or not.

I have since accepted the fact that no matter what I say or do, I have no affect whatsoever on what Revis does or what the Jets do. I love the Jets and I am very passionate about them, I want my team to do the best they possibly can, obviously Revis playing will probably have some bearing on how well they do, or, don't do.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't change my own life one bit. I will still be carrying out my daily life, my daily routine, the same way, whether Revis signs with the Jets, or, sits out the entire season.

So now I am resigned to just sitting back and watching what happens, I am looking at the season as if Revis will not play this year, so, no matter what happens, I am not disappointed.

This whole pre-season has been less than inspiring, and quite honestly, I wish the Jets were not on Hard Knocks, I think it's doing more harm then good. I am sure there are plenty of people who will disagree with me, but, in my opinion, this whole Hard Knocks experience has been counterproductive, this team is lacking focus & discipline right now and I think Hard Knocks has alot to do with it.

I hope the Jets can pull it together and prove me wrong but this season isn't giving me very many positive vibes right now, the Mevis saga is just the cherry on top of a very uninspiring cake.

The Jets have a tall order on MNF vs the Ravens and I don't feel the Jets are up to the task right now, I am not trying to be negative, just honest with myself.

Sadly, while I am enjoying Hard Knocks I kind of agree. It's clear to me that there is a gigantic lack of leadership and focus on this team. Maybe it's the cameras playing it up but it's scary to me the lack of guys stepping up to try and get this team straightened out. Maybe a lot of NFL teams have this but I'm concerned that the team has bought into their own hype and believe that with all the talent on their roster they're automatic locks week to week.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Sadly, while I am enjoying Hard Knocks I kind of agree. It's clear to me that there is a gigantic lack of leadership and focus on this team. Maybe it's the cameras playing it up but it's scary to me the lack of guys stepping up to try and get this team straightened out. Maybe a lot of NFL teams have this but I'm concerned that the team has bought into their own hype and believe that with all the talent on their roster they're automatic locks week to week.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Well, the thing is, we have a pretty tough schedule to start out so that attitude can't keep up too long. We're going to get a reality check against the Ravens.

Still here.

The Jets have alot of work to do Joe, they are not ready for the opener and time is running out quickly.

I think you, and a lot of others, are putting too much stock into the narrative the producers of Hard Knocks were trying to push.

Watch last night's episode again. They overly played up the leadership angle for dramatic effect. That show was edited out of context and chronological order to present a narrative flow which I am pretty certain does not reflect reality.

I think you, and a lot of others, are putting too much stock into the narrative the producers of Hard Knocks were trying to push.

Watch last night's episode again. They overly played up the leadership angle for dramatic effect. That show was edited out of context and chronological order to present a narrative flow which I am pretty certain does not reflect reality.

I usually tend to believe that but the truth is.... MULTIPLE coaches were echoing the same sentiment. It wasn't just Rex. That's what took me by surprise.

I usually tend to believe that but the truth is.... MULTIPLE coaches were echoing the same sentiment. It wasn't just Rex. That's what took me by surprise.

And it was shown out of context and out of order. The TRUTH is, we really don't know when any of those coach's meetings were filmed. Some of them could have been filmed Monday, or they could have been filmed the day they moved back to Florham Park two weeks ago.

You do agree that there is heavy editing, correct?

You also agree that there is a clear narrative that the producers are attemption to present, correct?

What I find funny is that in one scene, Rex is bemoaning the lack of vocal leadership while in the very next scene he is shown talking about how great the team is going to be and how guys are stepping up.

A lot of it comes off as scripted. I am 99.9999999999% sure its not because I understand that there are professionals editing it for the express purpose of telling a story.

Alright, I'm taking a completely different stance here...and as I'm probably known as one of the more negative pessimistic fans on the site...I think this will help my boy Arod and others out who are bummed about the season.

I am absolutely ecstatic that the season is right around the corner. Thrilled. Literally cant not wait till MNF!!! The Jets season is about to start!!!! And I LOVE JETS FOOTBALL. No matter how good or how bad. I love it!!!

Here's what I'm looking forward to...

I cant wait to see Pouha/Big Jenk on the DLine at the same time. These guys are going to wreak havoc!!!

I cant wait to see Holmes get on the field after his suspension.

I cant wait to see if the 2 ex bolts have bounce back years playing for the Jets.

I cant wait to see how bad a$$ and punishing our run game will be with the likes of Greene, Trich and The Terminator.

I cant wait to see what a punishing safety like Poole can do in this system.

As much as I rag on our bisexual model for a QB, I cant wait to see him progress and hopefully become a franchise QB.

I cant wait to see the defense as a whole in the 2nd year in the system.

I cant wait to see if Rex can back up his talk.

I cant wait to see if Dustin Keller emerge as one of best pass catching TE's in the league.

I cant wait to see if we can regain our dominance over the Dolphags.

I cant wait to see if we can dethrone the Patsies.

I for one, am not going to let Hard Knocks, or a couple of sh*tty preseason games or a greedy little **** take away from my excitement toward this season!!! Not a chance. If you really had the expectation this team was SB bound, shame on you. Enjoy it either way. Its Jets Football baby!!! We may suck, but after waiting 8 months, I'm pumped about this season and there is plenty of positives to look forward to. While my expectations arent high in terms of overall success, I'm still positive and I cant wait for the season to start.

If I heard Rex correctly, the scoreboard didn't show how we had a lot more offense than our opponent, and a stingy defense, and that turnovers killed us.

Imo, a lot of those turnovers (fumbles) won't happen in the regular season, while the O's yardage and stingy D will continue.

And the scoreboard will give us love.

And it was shown out of context and out of order. The TRUTH is, we really don't know when any of those coach's meetings were filmed. Some of them could have been filmed Monday, or they could have been filmed the day they moved back to Florham Park two weeks ago.

You do agree that there is heavy editing, correct?

You also agree that there is a clear narrative that the producers are attemption to present, correct?

What I find funny is that in one scene, Rex is bemoaning the lack of vocal leadership while in the very next scene he is shown talking about how great the team is going to be and how guys are stepping up.

A lot of it comes off as scripted. I am 99.9999999999% sure its not because I understand that there are professionals editing it for the express purpose of telling a story.

I agree that it's edited to achieve a story telling purpose... it's the fact it's being said by multiple people regardless of the timing of it. I just hope guys like Jenks, T-Rich and even Santonio can be the leaders the team needs.

I never was a fan of jets being on Hard Knocks-call me in the minority but better to concentrate on football not cameras.

Positive feelings?, how about a top 3 defense and an amazing running game? No? or do you want everything?

I've been freaked since June about this team. Here's the plus/minus about what to expect:

Plus: Judging by last season, Rex is capable and willing to make significant in-season and in-game adjustments, unlike Herm (too stupid) and Mangini (too stubborn). If and when Rex sees something isn't working, he isn't afraid to pull the plug on it, even if it means embarrassing someone coughschottenheimer in the process. The team went through two separate three-game losing streaks last year and pulled out of them both by switching up the offense. So, I think any fears that Sanchez could ruin the season coughorschottenheimer, can be attenuated by the knowledge that Rex will just pull in the reins and they'll be back to running Bill Callahan's Raiders offense that worked for them so well in the playoffs.

~~BUT--

Minus: If the Jets get off to a bad start, they have guys in Braylon, Holmes, Tomlinson and Cromartie that could potentially go into the bag. Braylon and Holmes are competing for new deals--what happens if the team in 2-3 and both guys start demading the rock? And what happens the first time Cromartie gets called out for freelancing and/or soft play? How will he respond if Jets fans boo him after Brandon Marshall kicks the sh*t out of him for a TD? And, with LT, is he going to be happy with 10 touches a game? These things are huge factors, imo. A slow start can tank this team before Week Six, imo.

And the other factor that scares me this season is that the offense is basically riding on two second-year players with major question marks surrounding them: Sanchez and Shonn Greene. Greene is perpetually nicked up and Sanchez seems perpetually confused. It one or the other (or both) go down, there are no back-up players that can be counted on. Is anyone comfortable with Mark Brunell filling in for a month? Or in giving Tomlinson 25 carries a game for a few weeks?

Archived