Jenkins Done For Season

idahojetsfan

Jets DT Kris Jenkins tore his ACL and is out for season

Second straight season Jenkins, a powerful DT, suffers a major injury. He is a key to Rex Ryan's D. Team also w/o Calvin Pace for now

Jets DRs had hoped the ACL wasn't torn, but the injury is severe. Looked gruesome at the time it happened in the first quarter Monday night

Bad break, that sucks!

We did just fine without him last night and most of the year last year. Pouha stepped up big time last night, I liked what I saw. This still hurts us though and I do feel bad for him, he really wanted to play this year. I think he might retire now, but I hope I'm wrong. Carrying that much weight and trying to do the things he does is just too much on the body at his age. Being huge and athletic can work when your young, but the older you get, the more that weight starts to creep up on you.

Not really.

Man of that size and bad knees = ticking time bomb.

The bomb that was Jenkins' career has finally exploded for the last time.

And his lasting image of the 2010 season?

Panting like a dog behind a female reporter.

Nice knowing ya, Kris.

I didn't know he did that behind the reporter. Do you have any links to articles where they drop names and specifics on what took place?

We did just fine without him last night and most of the year last year. Pouha stepped up big time last night, I liked what I saw. This still hurts us though and I do feel bad for him, he really wanted to play this year. I think he might retire now, but I hope I'm wrong. Carrying that much weight and trying to do the things he does is just too much on the body at his age. Being huge and athletic can work when your young, but the older you get, the more that weight starts to creep up on you.

He's done, and I know Pouha stepped up.

We'll be fine, but this definitely hurts, Jenks draws a double team and helps tremendously with the pass rush.

He's also great against the run.

Yeah pouha did step up big once again it just sucks with all the hype from him I wanted to really see him do great this season

we did GREAT without him last year

Sucks for KJ never like seeing any athlete injured, though never a big fan. I said going into the year he was damaged goods and wasnt sure how long he would last. We can now add him to the 1 game list along with Vinny T. Question now arises PLAN B. Does Tanne go out and get somebody,whos available? Dam this sucks.

Sucks for KJ never like seeing any athlete injured, though never a big fan. I said going into the year he was damaged goods and wasnt sure how long he would last. We can now add him to the 1 game list along with Vinny T. Question now arises PLAN B. Does Tanne go out and get somebody,whos available? Dam this sucks.

Vinny T was a much bigger loss. Yes, Tanny needs to go out and get someone. Just who that will be is a good question.

Vinny T was a much bigger loss. Yes, Tanny needs to go out and get someone. Just who that will be is a good question.

Kendrick Clancy, New Orleans Saints (32)

Barry Cofield, New York Giants (26) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Jason Ferguson, Miami Dolphins (35)

Kedric Golston, Washington Redskins (27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Tank Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals (28)

Travis Johnson, San Diego Chargers (28) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Fred Robbins, New York Giants (33)

Clifton Ryan, St. Louis Rams (26) – Exclusive Rights FA

Tank Tyler, Carolina Panthers (25) – Restricted FA

Old list not sure whos signed?

they dont need to make a trade to replace Jenkins. The defense front 7 has been playing great. Revis too. The problem is cro, wilson and the safeties. if tanny makes a trade it should be for a safety, cause he never replaced Rhodes.

Depth???!!! This was a major concern before Jenks went down.

Archived