Jenkins Done For Season

idahojetsfan

Kendrick Clancy, New Orleans Saints (32)

Barry Cofield, New York Giants (26) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Jason Ferguson, Miami Dolphins (35)

Kedric Golston, Washington Redskins (27) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Tank Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals (28)

Travis Johnson, San Diego Chargers (28) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Fred Robbins, New York Giants (33)

Clifton Ryan, St. Louis Rams (26) – Exclusive Rights FA

Tank Tyler, Carolina Panthers (25) – Restricted FA

Old list not sure whos signed?

Ferguson played well for us before, but he is old. Isn't is suspended as well, or was that last year?

Tank Johnson the trouble maker?? Pass.

That leaves Robbins and Clancy on your list as the only unrestricted FA's.

Grady Jackson/Atlanta Falcons/UFA - He turns 36 soon and he might be a biscuit away from 400 pounds, but Jackson is still a solid run-stuffing lineman.

La'Roi Glover/St. Louis Rams/UFA - The veteran interior defensive lineman turns 35 in July and probably would be best suited to handle a third tackle role at this point in his career. Glover also offers solid leadership qualities.

Shaun Cody/Detroit Lions/UFA - Cody is a slightly disappointing former second-round pick that still has some upside. He probably fits in as a third tackle.

Mike Wright/New England Patriots/UFA - Versatile defensive lineman who can play end or tackle.

Larry Tripplett/Seattle Seahawks/UFA - The high-motor defensive tackle was cut by Seattle last August. Tripplett is a serviceable third or fourth tackle.

Gabe Watson/Arizona Cardinals/RFA - He's basically a rotational nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme.

Darwin Walker/Carolina Panthers/UFA - Walker was once a solid starter, but at this point in his career teams see him as a third or fourth tackle.

Colin Cole/Green Bay Packers/UFA - A serviceable third or fourth tackle.

Jimmy Kennedy/Minnesota Vikings/UFA - Here's another former first-round pick that has bounced around. Kennedy fits in as a fourth tackle.

Ryan Sims/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA - The former first-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs fits in these days as a fourth tackle.

Kenderick Allen/Minnesota Vikings/UFA - The journeyman tackle missed the entire 2008 season due to injury.

Fred Evans/Minnesota Vikings/RFA - The former sixth-round pick of the Miami Dolphins has some upside as a fourth tackle.

James Reed/New Orleans Saints/UFA - The seven-year

This is so depressing. Understood the Defense did fine without him and will still be very good. Doesn't matter because they were THAT MUCH BETTER with him. I'm just so sick of these bad breaks. I will continue to linger in my own self pity for quite a while. Not sure when I'll stop, just a fyi. That ELITE defense we were all so excited about possibly having is no more. This is truth, sorry but please continue to work your silver linings people. You'll get an A for effort for sure.

The NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that Jets NT Kris Jenkins is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee.

The news has been confirmed by coach Rex Ryan. It's a huge blow to the Jets, and a possible career-ender for Jenkins, who considered retirement after last year's torn ACL. Sione Pouha will now move from end to nose and Mike DeVito will became a full-time end opposite Shaun Ellis, though Ryan mentioned the possibility of looking outside the organization for help. Pouha and DeVito are solid in run support but don't possess Jenkins' ability to get to the quarterback. Sep. 14 - 12:46 pm et

Sucks. He couldn't even make it out of the 1st half of the 1st game. Crazy.

Good luck, Jenks on your retirement. He worked so hard to come back.

Really what acting like a clown on the sidelines or riding the golf cart on Hard Knocks. He needed to shed more weight to give those knees a break he failed to do so and look what happened.

I have to be honest. I personally feel bad for myself right now. Eventually I'll feel bad for Jenkins too.

Meh I'm not TOO worried, Jenkins was an addition to an already dominant unit. Had we lost Revis I'd be in tears and probably wouldn't even bother watching us go 3-13 (His importance was emphasised x300 last night) but right now I feel bad for a classy player who had SO MUCH potential. Unfortunately for Kris that potential revolved around his size and that size just aint natural for those knees. Sad.

hey you knew some disaster was coming -just like 1999-it was Vinny that opening day and Jenkins this one-not to mention Pace being hurt. Hey the good news is this though Jets fans. If there was any position that the 2010 NY Jets were ready to replace it's that one with the way Sione played last year and has played this summer. I've seen so many things like this happen to the Jets from Joe Namath to Vinny to Chad and now to Kris Jenkins. At least it wasn't Sanchez last night

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5571834

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Kris Jenkins' season is over. You have to wonder about his career as well.

The New York Jets' nose tackle tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens. It's the same knee that required reconstructive surgery last October, putting Jenkins' career in jeopardy.

Jets blog

Looking for more information on the

green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Jenkins, 31, a former Pro Bowl selection, was hurt in a first-quarter pile-up. He left the game and didn't return. After the game, the Jets anticipated the possibility of a season-ending injury, with one source telling ESPNNewYork.com there was a 50-50 chance it would end his season.

Jenkins went for an MRI exam Tuesday morning, confirming the tear. The previous injury to that knee also involved the ACL. It was repaired in October with a graft, using a tendon from his hamstring. He made a strong recovery, dropped more than 30 pounds and reported to training camp in terrific shape at 359 pounds.

He was looking forward to a bounce-back season, but it lasted only six plays. A year ago, the Jets compensated for Jenkins' absence and still finished No. 1 in overall defense. But now their depth will be tested. In the preseason, the Jets lost defensive end Ropati Pitoitua (Achilles tendon).

Jets DT Kris Jenkins tore his ACL and is out for season

Second straight season Jenkins, a powerful DT, suffers a major injury. He is a key to Rex Ryan's D. Team also w/o Calvin Pace for now

Jets DRs had hoped the ACL wasn't torn, but the injury is severe. Looked gruesome at the time it happened in the first quarter Monday night

This sickens me. One of the truly great players we had and just can't stay healthy. This is a real shame.

I knew he shouldn't have picked up his big Hawaiin buddy on the sideline in Hardknocks.

Really what acting like a clown on the sidelines or riding the golf cart on Hard Knocks. He needed to shed more weight to give those knees a break he failed to do so and look what happened.

C'mon now, seriously? His injury wasn't a weight issue. Did you see the game??? This could have happened to anyone of any size. This is just bad news for Jenkins and bad news for the Jets. The man worked really hard to return to the team following last years' injury and I really feel for him. The D will still be effective, but with Kris...it was to be legendary. Best of luck Kris.

This. if he would have taken his rehab seriously and would have actually gotten in shape (yes, professional athletes cant just gorge themselves and huff and puff on the field) maybe this wouldnt have happened.

Hes done. he couldnt even rehab this one. and now another? anybody see how fast welker got back? from an even worse injury. he tore 2 ligaments.

Archived