those of you who blame sanchez are way off base

ylekram

the kid did exactly what he was asked to do.which one is it?captain checkdown or interception machine??

name one drive ending play that sanchez was reponsible for??

ya,the pass to edwards in the endzone was off,but,imo,holmes makes that catch.sanchez scrambling(to be fair)and edwards very slow off his cutback.still,sanchez didnyt cost the jets a field goal by throwing into double coverage.

sanchez took what the defense gave him

lets count the drive ending plays

cotchery-3rd down drop

keller-3rd down drop

greene-2nd down drop

greene-fumble without a defensive guy touching him

oline-getting sanchez destroyed twice

oline-zero push on 3rd and short

keller-cant dive for a half a yard with the game on the line

sanchez-sliding short of a first down after being screamed at last year for not doing so

keller-at least 2 missed blocks

i was very impressed with sanchez last night.not exactly for what he did do.more for what he didnt do.

if the first game is any indication of sanchez's growth as a qb,i think he is on the right track

the kid did exactly what he was asked to do.which one is it?captain checkdown or interception machine??

ya,the pass to edwards in the endzone was off,but,imo,holmes makes that catch.sanchez scrambling(to be fair)and edwards very slow off his cutback.still,sanchez didnyt cost the jets a field goal by throwing into double coverage.

cotchery-3rd down drop

keller-3rd down drop

greene-2nd down drop

sanchez-sliding short of a first down after being screamed at last year for not doing so

i was very impressed with sanchez last night.not exactly for what he did do.more for what he didnt do.

if the first game is any indication of sanchez's growth as a qb,i think he is on the right track

seriously? you were impressed with that performance? man jets fans ar ejust so used t failure at this point that even a complete deadbeat performance like last night can be looked at as impressive by some of us. wow.

cotchery-3rd down drop

keller-3rd down drop

greene-2nd down drop

:huh:

1 3rd down conversion all game, a red zone efficiency of 0% and countless 3 and outs with a whole 6 first downs all game is nothing to be proud about for anybody. Sanchez and everyone else on that offense was god awful. That was the most putrid offensive effort I've seen my whole life.

Tell me about it!

People act like brady did not have trouble with the ravens d, but he checked down too.

Sanchez is raw, he needs more confidence and he'll get better at seeing the field.

It's going to take time, but he'll get there.

Anybody who did not expect this was drunk on the kool aid and delusional from it.

The whole offense needs to step up, not just Sanchez!

Tell me about it!

People act like brady did not have trouble with the ravens d, but he checked down too.

Sanchez is raw, he needs more confidence and he'll get better at seeing the field.

It's going to take time, but he'll get there.

Anybody who did not expect this was drunk on the kool aid and delusional from it.

The whole offense needs to step up, not just Sanchez!

Agreed.

And to tell you the truth I'm actually pleasantly suprprised that people arent absolutely destroying him (at least not on this board haha) Anyone who solely says it was his fault is an idiot just trying to cause panic and get a rise out of people, or didnt watch the game.

seriously? you were impressed with that performance? man jets fans ar ejust so used t failure at this point that even a complete deadbeat performance like last night can be looked at as impressive by some of us. wow.

i was disgusted with oline play

i was disgusted with the receivers

i was disgusted with keller

i was disgusted with greene

i was disgusted with the penalties

i was disgusted with the secondary

i was extremely impressed with the d front 7

i was extremely impressed with sanchez's growth as a leader and game manager.this kid is as green as a granny smith.no turnovers to the ravens defense?gold

blame the jets,dont blame sanchez.what was the kid going to do?throw into double coverage down the field?the non productive play wasnt the fault of sanchez.it rests on the shoulders of every body else

cotchery-3rd down drop

keller-3rd down drop

greene-2nd down drop

Nice post and if playing not to lose the game was the objective you would be spot on. You play to win the game and Sanchez did nothing to help the Jets win the game.

To give our former HC a little more play, a series ending in a punt may be a good offensive series but only if you have two things, one a good D which we have and two the lead which we din't have.

:huh:

1 3rd down conversion all game, a red zone efficiency of 0% and countless 3 and outs with a whole 6 first downs all game is nothing to be proud about for anybody. Sanchez and everyone else on that offense was god awful. That was the most putrid offensive effort I've seen my whole life.

wrong

the o was horrible

sanchez was not

jets fans like to pretend they'd be happier watching a 5 int game cause "at least they tried"

that isn't true.

I agree with OP. Sanchez did ok last night. no turnovers, he slid... it was managed effort. Could have been better sure, but im way more pissed at Slauson and Greene this morning... and Cotch... wtf was that drop about... very un-cotch.

Nice post and if playing not to lose the game was the objective you would be spot on. You play to win the game and Sanchez did nothing to help the Jets win the game.

lets not forget that sanchez is green and,oh,by the way,they are playing the ravens

if playing to win the game means you send sanchez out to be a gun slinger,than you might have a point.

the game plan for the ravens was definetely going to be conservative

the jets o did not allow sanchez to get into any kinda rythem

they needed a coupla first downs and everybody diapointed

sanchez did his job to the letter

lets not forget that sanchez is green and,oh,by the way,they are playing the ravens

if playing to win the game means you send sanchez out to be a gun slinger,than you might have a point.

the game plan for the ravens was definetely going to be conservative

the jets o did not allow sanchez to get into any kinda rythem

they needed a coupla first downs and everybody diapointed

sanchez did his job to the letter

Sanchez was awful last night. Granted he didn't have much help as Cotch, Keller and Green were also bad. Now it may have been by design and I agree that the O game plan had Rex's fingerprints all over it coupled with Shotty's over complex pre-snap horesh*t. Sanchez by any account was jumping, afraid to let anything develop down field and over all looked like a boy among men.

I like the kid but he was pathetic, tentative and jumpy all night.

By the way I don't blame him for the loss it was a team effort. If you were handing out game balls for who helped us lose you could hand a bunch out on both sides of the ball.

Anger is a secondary emotion. People are pissed because they're scared, and they're scared because last night's offensive performance indicates either that Sanchez is Pennington 2.0 or that the coaches don't trust him to be anything more than that. Either way, the offense from top to bottom sucked out loud last night, so all we can do is pray that it was nothing more than a throwaway slopfest by a distracted team with a conservative gameplan.

Sanchez was awful last night. Granted he didn't have much help as Cotch, Keller and Green were also bad. Now it may have been by design and I agree that the O game plan had Rex's fingerprints all over it coupled with Shotty's over complex pre-snap horesh*t. Sanchez by any account was jumping, afraid to let anything develop down field and over all looked like a boy among men.

I like the kid but he was pathetic, tentative and jumpy all night.

By the way I don't blame him for the loss it was a team effort. If you were handing out game balls for who helped us lose you could hand a bunch out on both sides of the ball.

pathetic,tenative and jumpy?couldnt disagree more.it isnt sanchez's job to win the game.the jets are stacked right?it is his job to not **** up and move the chains.which he would of done if everybody else did their job

wrong

the o was horrible

sanchez was not

im not blaming sanchez. But in no way shape or form should anyone associated with that offense go home without feeling like utter crap considering the performance that was put out there. Maybe Sanchez is growing, but you can't walk away from that game really feeling any better about Sanchez or anyones position. From top to bottom that offense was embarrasing. Except for LT2 who managed to muster some kind of run game.

cant wait to see how long we continue to make excusses for sloppy play

There are no excuses for sloppy play. Poor preparation by the coaching staff. Poor execution by the players.

Now for excuses for Sanchez will continue because: 1) He's young. 2) Everything is Shotty's fault 3) People will always find fault with the line, RB, and WR.. ooh and TE.

Is Sanchez to blame for last night? Yes. Along with every other offensive player that stepped on the field last night. They dont deserve a pass from the fans or excuses on why they shouldnt get their asses handed to them by the fans.

Anger is a secondary emotion. People are pissed because they're scared, and they're scared because last night's offensive performance indicates either that Sanchez is Pennington 2.0 or that the coaches don't trust him to be anything more than that. Either way, the offense from top to bottom sucked out loud last night, so all we can do is pray that it was nothing more than a throwaway slopfest by a distracted team with a conservative gameplan.

Hmm Sanchez playing like Pennington last night...lets see WHO is the common denominator?? Well what do you know its our OC Schotty, the guy ******* sucks, HE is the problem and I hope the rumors of him and Rex fighting are true and they get their sh*t together and let the kid play and have fun like theyre always preaching. Cause he wasnt having fun last night, he looked stressed and confused and thats not his fault, he was unprepared. But I am also keeping in mind this was the RAVENS who make most QB's panic and not play like themselves. Next week will be different against less of a pass rush and rookie corners, the Bengels made the Pats D look better than it was.

But I am also keeping in mind this was the RAVENS who make most QB's panic and not play like themselves. Next week will be different against less of a pass rush and rookie corners, the Bengels made the Pats D look better than it was.

Chad Pennington 2.0? How many INTs did he have against the Ravens? 5? Or Maybe Tom Brady? What were his numbers? 4 INTs?

So far I can only remember one QB that routinely tears apart both the Ravens and the Jets Rex Ryan defense, and that is Peyton Manning. And Peyton Manning took how many years before he could figure out BB's defense and look like anything other than a chump against it? Well I guess BB cheated, but Peyton also got thrashed by the Jets D in a playoff game too.

It happens. I hated the playcalling too but this is the goddamn Ravens. They make everyone look terrible. The plan was to just not turn the ball over.

If Greene wasn't such trash the plan would have worked too. Sanchez did not lose that game. Greene and Keller did, maybe some Cromartie. Sanchez didn't win the game either, but he's a second year QB and almost none of them win games for you. Not Drew Brees, not Philip Rivers, not Eli Manning, not Joe Flacco, not Matt Ryan, not even Ben Rapistberger. All those guys pretty much just played not to lose, if they played at all.

pathetic,tenative and jumpy?couldnt disagree more.it isnt sanchez's job to win the game.the jets are stacked right?it is his job to not **** up and move the chains.which he would of done if everybody else did their job

The idea that you can consistently win games in the NFL against good teams with a QB not being a complete **** up is absurd. The QB is the outright leader of the O if not the team. The guy couldn't get the ball out of his hands fast enough, he let nothing develop down the field. The one play that was open in front of him to run he hesitated and than slid before the first down marker. He showed no leadership, he bailed out of almost every pass play, he was the leader of a completely disfunctional O. In 46 years watching this team there are maybe a handful of offensive performances as bad as we saw last night.

The quarterback is the trigger man of the O. When the O sucks, it's on the leader to turn it around. The Kid wasn't close to up to it yesterday.

I want this kid to succeed. I'm not looking at yesterday and saying he can't bounce back but I'm not going to sugar coat what was at best a turd.

i was very impressed with sanchez last night.

10/21, 47.6 completion percentage, 74 yards, 3.5 yards per attempt, 0 TD's, 1/11 3rd down conversions and 0/2 in the red zone.

You were "impressed" with that performance?

Wow.

People's expectations of Sanchez are absurd. Here's the 2nd year stats of a QB people like to cite as being WILDLY successful in his early years-2385 yards, 17 TD's-9 Int's. Hell, in his 3rd year he had 18 TD's and 23 INT's. But Roethlisberger is somehow a stud and Sanchez blows? Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco had so so years. We will not know how Sanchez is going to turn out for at least 2 more years. And if Cotch, Edwards, Keller, and Greene pulled their heads out of their asses and caught the easy passes, lined up correctly, and knew where the f*ck the 1st down marker was then we win that game and Sanchez comes out having played a damn good game against a damn good D.

People's expectations of Sanchez are absurd. Here's the 2nd year stats of a QB people like to cite as being WILDLY successful in his early years-2385 yards, 17 TD's-9 Int's. Hell, in his 3rd year he had 18 TD's and 23 INT's. But Roethlisberger is somehow a stud and Sanchez blows? Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco had so so years. We will not know how Sanchez is going to turn out for at least 2 more years. And if Cotch, Edwards, Keller, and Greene pulled their heads out of their asses and caught the easy passes, lined up correctly, and knew where the f*ck the 1st down marker was then we win that game and Sanchez comes out having played a damn good game against a damn good D.

The problem is the team was built to win TODAY!? Under it's current configuration, can the Jets really afford to wait another 2-3 years to see if Sanchez can develop into a quality NFL QB? What if he doesn't? And even if he does, who's gone from the current team? I said it at the time, but he was a HUGE gamble for the Jest FO, and it looks, for now at least, one that's gonna bite them in the a$$.

jets fans like to pretend they'd be happier watching a 5 int game cause "at least they tried"

that isn't true.

I agree with OP. Sanchez did ok last night. no turnovers, he slid... it was managed effort. Could have been better sure, but im way more pissed at Slauson and Greene this morning... and Cotch... wtf was that drop about... very un-cotch.

You are about as fair as a foul ball. Slauson allowed one sack against probably the best NT in football all night long! BRICK stunk it up at times but you do not mention that! If sanchez did ok last night how come you said something different on another board? Green has fumbled before yet you only talk about McKnight's fumbles. That is now two games GREENE has cost us with fumbles. The pass to Cotchery was weak and not thrown with much conviction. He should have caught it. I agree. I can not believe that you are readt to slaughter slauson and not BRICK or WOODY. Both looked shaky last night more so then Slauson.

The idea that you can consistently win games in the NFL against good teams with a QB not being a complete **** up is absurd. The QB is the outright leader of the O if not the team. The guy couldn't get the ball out of his hands fast enough, he let nothing develop down the field. The one play that was open in front of him to run he hesitated and than slid before the first down marker. He showed no leadership, he bailed out of almost every pass play, he was the leader of a completely disfunctional O. In 46 years watching this team there are maybe a handful of offensive performances as bad as we saw last night.

The quarterback is the trigger man of the O. When the O sucks, it's on the leader to turn it around. The Kid wasn't close to up to it yesterday.

I want this kid to succeed. I'm not looking at yesterday and saying he can't bounce back but I'm not going to sugar coat what was at best a turd.

if thats your stance,you are expecting way,way to much from the greenest qb to ever play in the nfl

i didnt see any hesitation on the run.he got his team to a 4th and 1 which they should have went for

i didnt see any bail on pass plays.how do you know that these so called plays were developing?this is the ravens defense after all.nothing to sneeze at

ya.he didnt play like peyton manning.he played like a second year player,playing against a top notch defense.he led his team,didnt make grave errors,and put the jets in a position to win the game.too bad the rest of the jets o(not named Lt or smith)didnt share the same performance

10/21, 47.6 completion percentage, 74 yards, 3.5 yards per attempt, 0 TD's, 1/11 3rd down conversions and 0/2 in the red zone.

You were "impressed" with that performance?

Wow.

i take it that you are only concerned with "stats".you see how this works?your receivers drop the passes and your numbers go down

Skip Bayless/Jamele Hill made an excellent point on First Take this morning, Shottenheimer is stunting the growth of Sanchez.

Either that or Sanchez needs to grow the **** up. You can't be all aggressive and rah rah and have a shrimp for a QB. Sanchez does have promise but he won't suceed under Shotty. Why can all of us see that but the PAID PROFESSIONALS that work for the Jets can't. Disturbing to say the least. :mellow:

i take it that you are only concerned with "stats".you see how this works?your receivers drop the passes and your numbers go down

OK, what about other things than stats.

Did you see Sanchez moping around on the sidelines with a blank look on his face the entire 2nd half?

What kind of leadership did he demonstrate last night?

And the look on his face before the Jets final drive was priceless. He was more concerned with placing his cap neatly on the shelf than getting into the game to lead a game winning drive.

It's like he didn't even want to be on the field for the final 1:43

Archived