Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

I held off for an entire month... but seriously... I cannot anymore... this guy SUCKS... he makes talented players look like sh*t and they clearly do not try for him... other OC's make sub-par players play at 110% shotty uses everyone to about 60% of their ability.

The Jets lead the league in 1st down run plays 64% of the time. do you have a schotty dart board at home?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets lead the league in 1st down run plays 64% of the time. do you have a schotty dart board at home?

Tonight when they put Mcnight at WR ( :huh: ) .... meh I won't even bother finishing the story... I knew how it ended before the snap.

The ineptitude and complete lack of common sense among this entire coaching staff is ridiculous. They learned nothing from the near meltdowns against Minny and Houston. You absolutely run the ball on that 3rd down. No question, make them use that TO. That exact same crap almost cost them the Minnesota game, boggles my mind they didn't take anything from that. You're playing against the clock at that point and going for the kill isn't ballsy, it's stupid. That should have been a game-winning play by Coleman, but Pittsburgh was able to call a TO that they shouldn't have had and regroup. ******* ridiculous. This isn't an awesome win, it's yet another game that tells me the stupidity of this damn staff isn't going to be so lucky in the postseason with this nonsensical doo-doo on offense. Jets had several opportunities in Pittsburgh's area and the only way they were able to pull out a TD was with a fake.

The ineptitude and complete lack of common sense among this entire coaching staff is ridiculous. They learned nothing from the near meltdowns against Minny and Houston. You absolutely run the ball on that 3rd down. No question, make them use that TO. That exact same crap almost cost them the Minnesota game, boggles my mind they didn't take anything from that. You're playing against the clock at that point and going for the kill isn't ballsy, it's stupid. That should have been a game-winning play by Coleman, but Pittsburgh was able to call a TO that they shouldn't have had and regroup. ******* ridiculous. This isn't an awesome win, it's yet another game that tells me the stupidity of this damn staff isn't going to be so lucky in the postseason with this nonsensical doo-doo on offense. Jets had several opportunities in Pittsburgh's area and the only way they were able to pull out a TD was with a fake.

This. That last sequence after the safety was a disaster which gave the Steelers oodles of time. I'm happy they won, but the play selection on that last drive was atrocious. They probably gave away 45 to 60 seconds that allowed that last Steeler drive to get so close.

This. That last sequence after the safety was a disaster which gave the Steelers oodles of time. I'm happy they won, but the play selection on that last drive was atrocious. They probably gave away 45 to 60 seconds that allowed that last Steeler drive to get so close.

It's the same story every game. They move the ball very well and then they shoot themselves in the foot with stupidity when they get it into their opponent's territory. That is 100% on the coaching.

Agreed on that 3rd down. That was inexcusable. It's all the more unfortunate because until then I thought he actually called a pretty good game, especially in the 2nd half.

Thank God he totally schwansed that last possession and had a lot of very noticeable gaffs so I don't have to lose sleep tonight with the nightmare that we retain him. Any more Schotty would be worse than 500 additional Chad Pennington QB controversies.

Agreed on that 3rd down. That was inexcusable. It's all the more unfortunate because until then I thought he actually called a pretty good game, especially in the 2nd half.

It was OK. Still a ton of miscues. They had 30+ seconds with not-horrible field position at the end of the first half, two timeouts, and went nowhere with a TO left on the board. Not acceptable. On top of that it looked like there was a horrible mis-communication between him and Sanchez. Regardless, at the end of the day, when an absolutely moronic call like that almost costs you a game, it pretty much takes away from everything else. To make it worse, that EXACT same call almost cost them a game earlier in the season. The fact that he couldn't apply that experience to a game later in the season is very, very worrying. Especially considering we're going to be on the road in the playoffs.

Regardless, at the end of the day, when an absolutely moronic call like that almost costs you a game, it pretty much takes away from everything else.

Only in Jets fan land it does.

Your constant use of "almost" in all this talk doesn't strike you as odd in any way? ALMOST lost the game...ALMOST whatever coulda/woulda/shoulda happened in the last drive...

It was OK. Still a ton of miscues. They had 30+ seconds with not-horrible field position at the end of the first half, two timeouts, and went nowhere with a TO left on the board. Not acceptable. On top of that it looked like there was a horrible mis-communication between him and Sanchez. Regardless, at the end of the day, when an absolutely moronic call like that almost costs you a game, it pretty much takes away from everything else. To make it worse, that EXACT same call almost cost them a game earlier in the season. The fact that he couldn't apply that experience to a game later in the season is very, very worrying. Especially considering we're going to be on the road in the playoffs.

You cannot win Championships when this is a constant issue.

100%. I was absolutely furious when Sanchez dropped back, before he even threw incomplete. I was even more furious as the Steeler's called a TO after that awesome play by Coleman. Seriously, the Steelers' don't have a chance in hell if they don't have a TO. It's amazing how many of the stupid mistakes need to be repeated over and over. At least we can be thankful the Jets still got away with it, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

You cannot win Championships when this is a constant issue.

Rex had his head up his a$$ all game. there was that play that the Steelers were short by over a yard, the refs blew it and spotted the ball wrong, and Rex was too busy looking at his play sheet to notice wtf happened. a gift 1st down. then the refs ****ed up again when they declined the illegal formation penalty and they marked off another 10 yds and it was 2nd down instead of 3rd down, AGAIN Rex looking clueless on the sideline to what is going on.

I think he needs to spend more time managing the game rather than being the defensive coordinator. he should delegate that sh*t to somebody.

I was even more furious as the Steeler's called a TO after that awesome play by Coleman. Seriously, the Steelers' don't have a chance in hell if they don't have a TO.

That should have been the game right there. Going for the kill is ******* retarded when it defies the common sense playbook. Give a team a chance to extend the clock and they eventually will, which they did. If Pittsburgh gets that PI call or Spaeth catches that gift in the endzone, that 3rd down is directly responsible.

Complaining about Schottenhiemer after that game is a joke. He made some absolute monster calls. The guy put his balls on the line and won. I didn't like the 3rd down pass either, but find me a game where anybody does not second guess some big calls. Every team has that. LT taking the snap and the bootleg were huge calls.

Rex had his head up his a$$ all game. there was that play that the Steelers were short by over a yard, the refs blew it and spotted the ball wrong, and Rex was too busy looking at his play sheet to notice wtf happened. a gift 1st down. then the refs ****ed up again when they declined the illegal formation penalty and they marked off another 10 yds and it was 2nd down instead of 3rd down, AGAIN Rex looking clueless on the sideline to what is going on.

I especially couldn't believe the latter. Simms said it was the right call, but at that point you're not even playing for downs, you're playing against the clock and if you have an opportunity to make an offense extend plays due to yardage then you do it. In regards to the spot, I think whoever is up in the booth for this team needs to have their head examined. We don't challenge the easy ones and always challenge the lower-odds plays. I think that falls on the guys upstairs and it's becoming an issue.

Well said, young fella. you left out LT and Braylon going out of bounds on one of those last possessions too.

That should have been the game right there. Going for the kill is ******* retarded when it defies the common sense playbook. Give a team a chance to extend the clock and they eventually will, which they did. If Pittsburgh gets that PI call or Spaeth catches that gift in the endzone, that 3rd down is directly responsible.

There were issues but at least ENOUGH was done against a good D to get a win. The victory isn't going to secure his job nor is it getting him fired this week.

An average day. From an average coordinator.

Complaining about Schottenhiemer after that game is a joke. He made some absolute monster calls. The guy put his balls on the line and won. I didn't like the 3rd down pass either, but find me a game where anybody does not second guess some big calls. Every team has that. LT taking the snap and the bootleg were huge calls.

Pittsburgh averaged giving up 293 yards total on defense coming in to this game. Jets put up 276. This wasn't an all-world performance. It just wasn't god-awful, and since we're so used to that it seems great.

Pittsburgh averaged giving up 293 yards total on defense coming in to this game. Jets put up 276. This wasn't an all-world performance. It just wasn't god-awful, and since we're so used to that it seems great.

He did what he was supposed to do. He kept Sanchez from taking any risks. He manufactured a running game against a team with an historically great Run D. We are really going to start using yardage as the measuring stick? He'd have put up more yards and points if he had to. The Smith KO meant they didn't have to and therefore they didn't try to. In case you haven't noticed Sanchez sh*ts the bed against tough defenses. I'm not putting the guy in the HOF but to complain about the OC in that game is a joke.

Jet fans = Queer babies.

A win on the road against one of the top 5 teams in the conference is nothing...not when the coaches clearly haven't wised up to the fact that a pass play on a certain type of 3rd down should never, ever, ever, ever, eveeeeer be attempted. Lol they ALMOST lost 2 games this year to this stupidity...

Faggotry at it's finest...

There were issues but at least ENOUGH was done against a good D to get a win. The victory isn't going to secure his job nor is it getting him fired this week.

An average day. From an average coordinator.

I'm ecstatic about the win. I'm ecstatic we're going to be a wild-card (really) because today was further proof that we're better on the road. I'm pissed because the coaching staff as a whole has yet to correct any of the mistakes they've been making all season. At the very least, show you've learned from your errors.

I'm ecstatic about the win. I'm ecstatic we're going to be a wild-card (really) because today was further proof that we're better on the road. I'm pissed because the coaching staff as a whole has yet to correct any of the mistakes they've been making all season. At the very least, show you've learned from your errors.

Don't be silly. The Jets have gotten away with some really horrible decisions this season and that means that they can keep winning despite them and obviously will get away with it every time. There's no reason to be concerned that a decision that nearly cost the Jets a game today and earlier in the year could possibly ever come back to bite the team in the a$$. The Jets coaching stiff is brimming with nothing but pure brilliance. Thinking otherwise is just ridiculous on your part.

He did what he was supposed to do. He kept Sanchez from taking any risks. He manufactured a running game against a team with an historically great Run D. We are really going to start using yardage as the measuring stick? He'd have put up more yards and points if he had to. The Smith KO meant they didn't have to and therefore they didn't try to. In case you haven't noticed Sanchez sh*ts the bed against tough defenses. I'm not putting the guy in the HOF but to complain about the OC in that game is a joke.

He had some very nice calls. The boot, the snap to LT but you have to realize he put the entire game in jeopardy by not running on that 3rd down. He also was again without a play ready in the hurry up at the end of the 1st half. He also quit after the holding call put us in 2nd and 19 and played for a FG.

I give him a B for his play calling today but the same clock management issues that we continually see will cost us a game at some point. I don't understand how that is not picture clear to anyone.

It's funny how much better the OC looks when the team doesn't drop passes and commit stupid holding penalties.

OR when he comes right out the week leading up to the game saying we cant just try and run the ball on this defense. next week he'll be back to running it right into a stacked line against the Bears.

He was unpredictable in this game, and the Jets had the Steelers defense off balance for the most part. why the **** he doesnt do that every week is beyond me.

...to complain about the OC in that game is a joke.

Bullsh*t it is. Clock management is part of the gig when you're calling the plays. Screw it up and you're going to hear it. Should of cost them the game but Spaeth couldn't catch one when it counted and the refs missed the one obvious call they should have made all game. Coleman's sack should have been it. That's the game right there. That's why you run the ball. Boggles the sh*t out of me that he didn't learn that against Minnesota and that tells me that he's the stubborn prick we've all assumed him to be. Great, he called some plays that resulted in firsts. How about closing out a game with just a good call? That's really too much to ask for? Can't complain about that one?

Archived