Do you like/want B. Schott as your O. C?

s dubb

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like him as your Offensive Coordinator

• Yes
    • No
    • Jury is still out

I don't want him nor do I like him. I think he's nothing buy a pussy who trys to be tough.

My opinion, I think we should fire Schotty and promote Callahan. Give Callahan the entire season to prove weather he is worthy to be an OC or not. If he is, we keep him. If he isn't, we hire someone else that might fit our criteria.

I don't want him nor do I like him. I think he's nothing buy a pussy who trys to be tough.

My opinion, I think we should fire Schotty and promote Callahan. Give Callahan the entire season to prove weather he is worthy to be an OC or not. If he is, we keep him. If he isn't, we hire someone else that might fit our criteria.

agree 100% This guy is a pussy rich boy qb who tries to act tough with his fake accent. His dad was a tough great man and coach, and this guy is riding his coattails.

The move to Callahan should have happened in the offseason. But now is better late than never.

... i haven't voted yet ... but am debating the effects of a big move such as this ...

my 3 concerns are:

1. is it worth it to do in season? how quickly will the confusion of the change impact us before we are steadily moving forward.

2. how will it impact sanchez mentally. he seems to have a great relationship with shotty and also seems to be thinking too much already rather than just playing right now. is another voice in his ear going to screw with him even more?

3. do we have someone capable of helping out the young offensive linemen (i.e. - ducasse) since they will not have near the same amount of teaching from callahan anymore if this happens

l_j_r

... i haven't voted yet ... but am debating the effects of a big move such as this ...

my 3 concerns are:

1. is it worth it to do in season? how quickly will the confusion of the change impact us before we are steadily moving forward.

2. how will it impact sanchez mentally. he seems to have a great relationship with shotty and also seems to be thinking too much already rather than just playing right now. is another voice in his ear going to screw with him even more?

3. do we have someone capable of helping out the young offensive linemen (i.e. - ducasse) since they will not have near the same amount of teaching from callahan anymore if this happens

l_j_r

Hard Knocks made you think he has great relationship with Schotty?

my 3 concerns are:

The first two are non-issues. I'd expect such a move to cut down on the confusion, and invigorate the offense. Callahan would use the same terminology, many of the same routes. He'd just clean up a lot of that pre-snap motion, and hopefully spread the field a little better (not all those bunch formations). There's truth in jest, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez just plain thinks Schotty sucks.

The third is something of an issue. You'd hope the OL is pretty coached up as is, and that Callahan could simply continue to get by with them by throwing some pointers their way.

Everyone assumes Callahan would be next in line (I do, too), but we shouldn't forget that Rex brought Cavanaugh here with him from Baltimore. He could potentially be next in line, too.

Everyone assumes Callahan would be next in line (I do, too), but we shouldn't forget that Rex brought Cavanaugh here with him from Baltimore. He could potentially be next in line, too.

Callahan has the experience and track record on his side. Everywhere he's gone he's been a part of or at the head of a successful offense.

Callahan has the experience and track record on his side. Everywhere he's gone he's been a part of or at the head of a successful offense.

He's also left most of his major jobs on bad terms...And he's gotten knocked for his playcalling being too conservative...But yea, besides that he's a different body and will change/fix everything!!

For reals.

Try again. I'm not agreeing with you. That we want Schottenheimer to be the problem doesn't mean he is. Exhibit A contra would be the small fact that he was retained as coordinator by the only head coach who thought enough of your boy Callahan to even give him a line coach job.

Try again. I'm not agreeing with you. That we want Schottenheimer to be the problem doesn't mean he is. Exhibit A contra would be the small fact that he was retained as coordinator by the only head coach who thought enough of your boy Callahan to even give him a line coach job.

Have you considered that it wasn't up to Rex to retain Schott? Unless I'm mistaken, Schottenheimer still had about $2 million left on his contract when Rex arrived.

Schott was, conspicuously, the only coach Rex has gone out of his way NOT to praise since he's been here.

He's also left most of his major jobs on bad terms...And he's gotten knocked for his playcalling being too conservative...But yea, besides that he's a different body and will change/fix everything!!

"Too conservative" is better than what we have....a total clusterf***. Callahan was at his best early in the decade with the Raiders when he had a good running game and mobile QB (Gannon). That's exactly the pieces we have in place here.

Have you considered that it wasn't up to Rex to retain Schott? Unless I'm mistaken, Schottenheimer still had about $2 million left on his contract when Rex arrived.

This is the NFL...if they think you're an idiot and won't work they fire you.

Schottenheimer was getting HC consideration from the Jets...I doubt they were looking to get rid of him.

In fact, since he's been here the Jets have went out of their way to retain Schottenheimer...including paying him 2 million dollars, not allowing him to interview for HC jobs, and retaining him despite switching head coaches.

Brian Schottenheimer is the real life Nick Crozier.

"Too conservative" is better than what we have....a total clusterf***.

The knock this week has been conservative...I'll stick to that because it makes more sense than most of what I've heard...

Again: The last real game played by this VERY SAME F*CKING OFFENSE that you call a clusterf*ck was the AFC championship game...They led that game at half time due to a deep pass to Edwards...Everytime we talk about the offense this week I hold my head in my palm as I type.

Have you considered that it wasn't up to Rex to retain Schott?

I can promise you that I've given that more consideration than you have the idea that maybe just watching games on TV doesn't make us particularly qualified to differentiate between plausible alternative explanations for the continued problems on offense. People are criticizing the gameplans without even knowing what a gameplan is. It's just dumb.

I can promise you that I've given that more consideration than you have the idea that maybe just watching games on TV doesn't make us particularly qualified to differentiate between plausible alternative explanations for the continued problems on offense. People are criticizing the gameplans without even knowing what a gameplan is. It's just dumb.

A point I've only hinted at but never touched...+1'ing for keeping it real.

By that logic, there's not much point discussing anything that may be wrong with this team because we aren't coaches or players.

From the looks of things, the players themselves didn't seem to know what the gameplan was, so that last sentence of your post makes sense.

By that logic, there's not much point discussing anything that may be wrong with this team because we aren't coaches or players.

From the looks of things, the players themselves didn't seem to know what the gameplan was, so that last sentence of your post makes sense.

Did you conclude that from their inability to execute...or...d'you just use the secret knowledge that only Schottenheimer haters have?

Archived