Another Incarcerated Bob Report

s dubb

I doubt this gets done or has any legs. It's hard to fathom really but this guy isn't dumb (incarceratedbob). I mean this does sound sensible. Tanny and Snyder have a history of working together, both are "big wig" and ballsy negotiators. Tanny has also pulled off 3 way deals in the past. So for 1 to conceive a rumor this does hold some barring.

Having said that, Haynesworth has already voiced his disgust for the 3-4 system playing the nose. He doesn't like it and feels he can make more money as a pass rushing DT then a 3-4 nose. Don't know if these are true however in football circles this seems to be the case.

ALSO!!, the fact that this guy is just bad, bad news and obviously a HUGE cancer and a piece of sh*t, I HIGHLY doubt this is more then a rumor.

Correct me if im wrong but... I thought that one of the reasons as to why Haynesworth was being a pussy bitch in washington was because he didnt wanna play nose tackle?

3-4 NT is the last thing he'd be playing here. Rex runs as many 2 through 5 down linemen sets as he does 3. He'd actually fit in really well with this D.

3-4 NT is the last thing he'd be playing here. Rex runs as many 2 through 5 down linemen sets as he does 3. He'd actually fit in really well with this D.

That's an interesting post. I think you're right actually. The fact Rex really mixes things up on defense would be a good fit for Haynesworth from a positional standpoint. However, this guy is a turd. Pouha has done well in the past. No reason for us to deal with the headache.

This would be interesting.

In fact, with Pouha at NT... can you imagine the occasional 4-3 front with Ellis, Pouha and Albert and Gholston on the line?

This is a good point you make... his contract still makes me cringe though.

Haynesworth doesn't want to play NT in a 3-4. Why would we bring in a disgruntled player and offer him the same situation... and why would we want to take on his contract?

Everytime I hear this I think "so why not just play him at 3-4 DE?" If they're so adamant about having a 3-4...and any smart team wants their best players on the field...wtf is wrong with being a 3-4 DE? I think he'd be scarier than Ngata in a similar role...the Ravens just kick Ngata inside when they run 4 man DLs too...

Let Pouha have the nose...he can anchor...Haynesworth and Ellis collapsing the pocket from the outside...:drool:

Between Lebron, Jarvis, and several other reports that didn't gain any steam, I'm starting to believe that the Revis thing was a lucky shot in the dark.

I can confirm. The San Diego angle is news to me but it makes a lot of sense. Haynesworth's people have been trying to sell this for about a week, which is also about how long it's been since Schwartz (who also represents Jackson) floated that story about how it was his idea to get Rex involved in the Revis negotiations, obvious inference being that Speck should do likewise here. That's the easy part. Then they need Smith to take a third, which is doable. Then they need to make two deals with Washington so it gets some Haynesworth money back to pay Jackson, which is harder. Real longshot it happens in this form - they only have four days because of the suspension thing - but I wouldn't put the odds on Haynesworth to the Jets one way or another any worse than about 3:1 against.

I doubt this gets done or has any legs. It's hard to fathom really but this guy isn't dumb (incarceratedbob). I mean this does sound sensible. Tanny and Snyder have a history of working together, both are "big wig" and ballsy negotiators. Tanny has also pulled off 3 way deals in the past. So for 1 to conceive a rumor this does hold some barring.

Having said that, Haynesworth has already voiced his disgust for the 3-4 system playing the nose. He doesn't like it and feels he can make more money as a pass rushing DT then a 3-4 nose. Don't know if these are true however in football circles this seems to be the case.

ALSO!!, the fact that this guy is just bad, bad news and obviously a HUGE cancer and a piece of sh*t, I HIGHLY doubt this is more then a rumor.

That's why I don't want him. We're already pushing it with potential cancers, we don't need anymore. Plus, when are we going to stop worrying about having an allstar at every position and just go win games. We have talent.. draft a NT next year. Not to mention Jenkins got hurt last year and we were fine. I don't see us skipping a beat this year either.

That's why I don't want him. We're already pushing it with potential cancers, we don't need anymore. Plus, when are we going to stop worrying about having an allstar at every position and just go win games. We have talent.. draft a NT next year. Not to mention Jenkins got hurt last year and we were fine. I don't see us skipping a beat this year either.

I could not agree more. The only difference this year is that we are depleted much earlier than last season. The guys were huffing and puffing in Indy in the last game. The idea of Haynesworth is scary , but I just wonder who we wouldn't be able to sign later because we have this guy here.

I can confirm. The San Diego angle is news to me but it makes a lot of sense. Haynesworth's people have been trying to sell this for about a week, which is also about how long it's been since Schwartz (who also represents Jackson) floated that story about how it was his idea to get Rex involved in the Revis negotiations, obvious inference being that Speck should do likewise here. That's the easy part. Then they need Smith to take a third, which is doable. Then they need to make two deals with Washington so it gets some Haynesworth money back to pay Jackson, which is harder. Real longshot it happens in this form - they only have four days because of the suspension thing - but I wouldn't put the odds on Haynesworth to the Jets one way or another any worse than about 3:1 against.

Would it be cash from us or San Diego to Washington?

Would it be cash from us or San Diego to Washington?

Definitely not San Diego. I assume it will ultimately be partly from us and partly from Haynesworth himself. I'm not real familiar with the cash rules so I don't know exactly how it would have to be structured.

Definitely not San Diego. I assume it will ultimately be partly from us and partly from Haynesworth himself. I'm not real familiar with the cash rules so I don't know exactly how it would have to be structured.

I’m not sure there are any rules on buying contracts. I can’t ever remember it being done before. Happens in baseball from time to time, but I can’t remember it in football.

It’s the one angle of this story that gives it a bit of legs. The skins might just be so frustrated with this guy that they are willing to recover some of the money they wasted and sell his contact.

I don’t think any money given would impact any future cap (except the remainder of his salary).

I wouldn’t want to give any draft picks, or a good player for this guy, but if it’s strickly money, Why not?

I’m thinking along the line of $14.37

And you're giving that 3:1?

Yeah, absolutely. He's the one driving this. Besides, Washington isn't actually entitled to any of it, so Haynesworth's end of their number is definitely going to be in the range of what he'd be willing to ship just to get away from Shanahan.

My cousin who lives in Washington just called me and asked me if I heard the news? I said what news and he said the Jets and Skins trading again. Haynesworth soon to be a Jet. I would give up our 3rd for him.

Here's a small article concerning this topic

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/will_albert_haynesworth_become_a_new_york_jet/3228011

Archived