Who is in bigger trouble?

Jetsfan80

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which 0-2 team is in bigger trouble?

• Minnesota Vikings
    • Dallas Cowboys

Which 2009 Playoff team, sitting at 0-2, is in bigger trouble? The Vikings or the Cowboys?

Minnesota -- Losses to the Saints (away) and Dolphins (home). Favre looking like an old man with only injured receivers to throw to. Not even AP can bail them out.

Dallas -- Losses to the Redskins (away) and Bears (home). Wade Phillips is a total moron, which we knew already.

EDIT: Just noticed Around the Horn asked this question as i was finishing the thread. Damn them!

Minnesota. Favre will get better has he goes through and finishes his training camp the first 4 weeks of the season. But they are in a stronger division and both Packers and Bears are off to flying 2-0 starts and Lions although 0-2 have looked more impressive that the Vikings in their losses.

Dallas is in a very weak division. All of the other opponents within the division are 1-1. Phillies have the QB controversy going on. And then you have the Giants looked inept last nite and now have to deal with the Brandon Jacobs distraction. Redskins look the only improved side in this division from last season.

Dallas at least has a complete team, they are just mentally retarded and can't execute a darn thing.

Favre doesn't look like he wants to play anymore, its only been 2 games and it looks like he has played a whole season already, he is turning the ball over more and doesn't have the weapons available that he did last year, Harvin has had problems and Rice has been out. The vikings run defense which was one of the leagues best if not the best looks so porous its not even funny, the Saints got the ball with 5 minutes left and they ran out the clock running up the middle almost every play. The Saints dont have a superbowl hangover, but the Vikings have an NFC championship hangover.

Dead even after 14 votes.

Its a tough call. To me, the Vikings look more defeated and are in the tougher division, so I went with them.

Thing is though, the Vikings draw the Lions next week and Dallas gets Houston. If either of these teams falls to 0-3 they're likely dead in the water, and Dallas is in much greater danger of that.

Its a tough call. To me, the Vikings look more defeated and are in the tougher division, so I went with them.

Thing is though, the Vikings draw the Lions next week and Dallas gets Houston. If either of these teams falls to 0-3 they're likely dead in the water, and Dallas is in much greater danger of that.

True, but I still went with the vikes. B)

Dallas, by far. That team has been waiting to give up on Wade Phillips for two years and now the dam has broken. No way they recover, imo. Jason Garrett will be running that team before the season is over.

As for Minny, people have been kicking dirt on Brett Favre for a decade and he still throws for 20 TD's. As soon as he gets a little bit of timing with his receivers and he gets Rice back, they'll be dangerous.

Dallas, by far. That team has been waiting to give up on Wade Phillips for two years and now the dam has broken. No way they recover, imo. Jason Garrett will be running that team before the season is over.

As for Minny, people have been kicking dirt on Brett Favre for a decade and he still throws for 20 TD's. As soon as he gets a little bit of timing with his receivers and he gets Rice back, they'll be dangerous.

Record wise, what's it going to take to win each division?

What do you think it will take to win the NFC wildcards?

I say we very well may see an 8-8 team get in, maybe even 7-9.

Minnesota by far. Favre has looked awful and he's clearly playing on 1 foot. Along with that their o-line isn't anything to run home about anymore and their WR corps could be in serious chaos if Harvin goes down. The key to their season (or saving their season) is Vincent Jackson. If they acquire Jackson they could make a late season run but, they have a ROUGH schedule ahead. After the Lions and their bye week they play us, Dallas, GB and NE. After the bye they'll probably be 1-2 but after that chain of games they could realistically be 1-6, 2-5 or 3-4. I don't see them splitting those games at all and Favre will regret coming back

Favre is done. He was beyond terrible on Sunday. Limit A.P and force Favre to throw. Hes good for 3-4 interceptions a game.

Favre may be done, but he's still better than Romo. That was my point in replying to which team is in bigger trouble!

It's clearly the Vikings. Brett Favre looks absolutely terrible and Sidney Rice is going to be out for a couple more weeks. They still have to play the Packers and Bears twice, and the Lions are not looking like an easy-win all of a sudden.

Dallas has players on offense that are explosive. They can run or pass. I think Dallas is going to beat Houston next week and start on a roll. I still stand by my prediction, which is Jets defeat Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

I really think Romo is better than Favre at this point. That is not saying much because Romo sucks but Favre is even worse.

MJ, that's just my opinion, and you're respectfully entitled to yours. Putting that question aside, I'm really looking forward to the Jets/Vikes game at home on October 11th, if Favre is not injured by then!

Archived