The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

Hawks are in first. :rl:

Yeah, New Orleans really took it to them. For all of Okafor's faults over the years, the one thing you can say is that the dude can dominate when a team is that weak on the interior. I was at the Garden a few years back when he threw up like 10+ blocks against the Knicks. If he doesn't have anybody putting a body on him, he can still be a beast sometimes. I think Paul's the MVP of the league thus far, and speaking of Atlanta, Smith's an early front-runner for DPOY. They're still the same Hawks though.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, New Orleans really took it to them. For all of Okafor's faults over the years, the one thing you can say is that the dude can dominate when a team is that weak on the interior. I was at the Garden a few years back when he threw up like 10+ blocks against the Knicks. If he doesn't have anybody putting a body on him, he can still be a beast sometimes. I think Paul's the MVP of the league thus far, and speaking of Atlanta, Smith's an early front-runner for DPOY. They're still the same Hawks though.

They are both 6-0 with rookie coaches now right?

I think they are the only 2 teams/coaches ever to do that too.

Were 8 games into the season....please. Next year they'll get a body to pair with him in the paint and it will make him very effective.

The problem is that he needs a body of his own. Dude looks malnourished and is as soft as Eddy Curry's midsection... they need a physical presence in the paint to complement those two, not a weak, 6'11" guy who likes to float around 15-feet from the basket.

The problem is that he needs a body of his own. Dude looks malnourished and is as soft as Eddy Curry's midsection... they need a physical presence in the paint to complement those two, not a weak, 6'11" guy who likes to float around 15-feet from the basket.

Johhny thats what his game is, always has been. Riley knew exactly what he was a getting, a ffinese PF. Honestly then need to run more Pick and pops for him.

Hence, why he isn't a great fit and a huge reason why Miami is second-to-last in the league in offensive rebounding percentage.

Know who would have been a perfect fit for them? David Lee. Really. Not sure if he would have been able to keep up with the flash and flair, but watching him play last night I couldn't help but notice.

Know who would have been a perfect fit for them? David Lee. Really. Not sure if he would have been able to keep up with the flash and flair, but watching him play last night I couldn't help but notice.

On the offensive end, I agree... but David Lee wouldn't keep them from being abused by guys like Okafor.

Excepting his play this season, Haywood is the type of player that was available that would make a difference for them in the middle.

The Heat need to learn how to utilize Bosh better. He's the key to the whole thing. I've said this before and I'll say it again, even though LeBron and Wade put up more stats, Bosh is a player who I'd rather build around.

Bosh had his breakout game,allbeit against a team with zero physical prescence downlow. But i guess we can dismiss the whole heat wont beat any team with a PG.....Suns got they asses kicked!!!

Notice you guys dont post in here when we blowout the Suns but come out of the woodworks when we lose to the Pacers.

They'll get it together, did i think he it would happen quicker than this...yes. This team can't afford a 1-13 shooting night from D Wade...plain and simple. I suspect that kind of performance won't happen again.

Sorry... it's behavior that we learned from observing the posting patterns of the large majority of Fish trolls on these forums.

No need to be sorry. And were not talking about of fish trolls were talking about me. I show rain or shine. The more i keep thinking about this loss to the Pacers i'm becoming infuriated. This is bullsh*t. **** gelling and all that other sh*t. We could have signed 3 average free agents and had a friggin 8-6 record. This is unacceptable.

No need to be sorry. And were not talking about of fish trolls were talking about me. I show rain or shine. The more i keep thinking about this loss to the Pacers i'm becoming infuriated. This is bullsh*t. **** gelling and all that other sh*t. We could have signed 3 average free agents and had a friggin 8-6 record. This is unacceptable.

Hence, why I said "the large majority of Fish trolls"...

What you need to realize - and what many of us said during the offseason (while being dismissed as "haters") - is that this team is not well-built. You have two superstars with similar skillsets, a soft, max, big-man who likes to float around the perimeter, no depth, and zero interior defense or rebounding. Bill Simmons made a great point today in saying that Eddie House was the 11th man on the Celtics last year and they let him go and he's now the #4 option on the Heat. I understand Miller is hurt, but that highlights another issue, in that they have no chance of beating top teams if one of their "Big 3" goes down with an injury. Given Wade's history, this is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Hopefully the mid-level exception goes away with the new CBA and Miami will be stuck trying to either add role players and depth through the draft or by finding a taker for Bosh's monstrous contract. I hope LeBron enjoys the nightlife at least...

Hence, why I said "the large majority of Fish trolls"...

What you need to realize - and what many of us said during the offseason (while being dismissed as "haters") - is that this team is not well-built. You have two superstars with similar skillsets, a soft, max, big-man who likes to float around the perimeter, no depth, and zero interior defense or rebounding. Bill Simmons made a great point today in saying that Eddie House was the 11th man on the Celtics last year and they let him go and he's now the #4 option on the Heat. I understand Miller is hurt, but that highlights another issue, in that they have no chance of beating top teams if one of their "Big 3" goes down with an injury. Given Wade's history, this is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Hopefully the mid-level exception goes away with the new CBA and Miami will be stuck trying to either add role players and depth through the draft or by finding a taker for Bosh's monstrous contract. I hope LeBron enjoys the nightlife at least...

We go as far as the big 3 take us and 1-13 shooting isnt gonna take us very far....

We go as far as the big 3 take us and 1-13 shooting isnt gonna take us very far....

There are 70 or so games left right? I hate to say it but unlike the Celtics or Lakers the Heat can't afford to coast through the regular season.

Archived