The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

Notice you guys dont post in here when we blowout the Suns but come out of the woodworks when we lose to the Pacers.

They'll get it together, did i think he it would happen quicker than this...yes. This team can't afford a 1-13 shooting night from D Wade...plain and simple. I suspect that kind of performance won't happen again.

x23pes.jpg

What did you say? We can't hear you......U mad bro?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

x23pes.jpg

What did you say? We can't hear you......U mad bro?

LOL your a funny dude. 1. I cant control fans not showing up. I hear the ol' "worst fans don't even come out and support your team" bullcrap all the time. I have season tickets to the Heat, Fins and Canes. I go to almost every game.

2. I'm sure that picture was taken as the game was well in hand and people were trying to beat traffic. Any team in any city when your teams deficit is insurmountable, the fans take off a few minutes early.

Lol...says the guy who spent days trolling Knick posts trying to lecture us on how Ama're wasn't an upgrade over Lee.

Amare's offesnive game is much better. I was just stating concern about his ability to stay healthy. Not sure of you've noticed but the Knicks are legendary for handing out awful contracts. As of right now the move looks good. You guys are playing well, especially this recent road trip.

Amare's offesnive game is much better. I was just stating concern about his ability to stay healthy. Not sure of you've noticed but the Knicks are legendary for handing out awful contracts. As of right now the move looks good. You guys are playing well, especially this recent road trip.

Hey, get your facts straight... the majority of the awful contracts the Knicks have had on their books over the last 15 years were acquired by trading bad contracts for worse ones.

Hey, get your facts straight... the majority of the awful contracts the Knicks have had on their books over the last 15 years were acquired by trading bad contracts for worse ones.

Jerome James is often cited as one of many questionable signings done by Knicks.[3] Tommy Beer of HoopsWorld wrote "James was universally panned as the worst free-agent signing of the summer (and in the pantheon of all-time worst.)"[4] He is also sometimes cited as an example of the "contract year phenomenon", where an athlete with impending free agency plays at a higher level than he ever has before, only to return to his normal level of play once he signs a new long-term contract.[5] Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated wrote "James was a chronic underachiever who cashed in on a brief moment of excellence". He also wrote that the Knicks signing James "was a mistake before he ever took the court at Madison Square Garden. The day the Knicks announced his signing, they were universally panned by executives, experts, journalists -- really anyone with a voice box."[6]

Jerome Jame....good times.

Jerome James is often cited as one of many questionable signings done by Knicks.[3] Tommy Beer of HoopsWorld wrote "James was universally panned as the worst free-agent signing of the summer (and in the pantheon of all-time worst.)"[4] He is also sometimes cited as an example of the "contract year phenomenon", where an athlete with impending free agency plays at a higher level than he ever has before, only to return to his normal level of play once he signs a new long-term contract.[5] Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated wrote "James was a chronic underachiever who cashed in on a brief moment of excellence". He also wrote that the Knicks signing James "was a mistake before he ever took the court at Madison Square Garden. The day the Knicks announced his signing, they were universally panned by executives, experts, journalists -- really anyone with a voice box."[6]

You're talking about one guy - and I don't need you to quote Mannix and Beer for me to know how awful the signing was. I knew it the day it was announced.

That being said, it was for the MLE, so it's nowhere near the worst all-time as far as crippling a team. Same goes for Jared Jefferies.

Hell, if you want to talk about all-time bad contracts, Allan Houston trumps both of those guys due to the sheer magnitude of the deal (6 years, $100m).

You're talking about one guy - and I don't need you to quote Mannix and Beer for me to know how awful the signing was. I knew it the day it was announced.

That being said, it was for the MLE, so it's nowhere near the worst all-time as far as crippling a team. Same goes for Jared Jefferies.

Hell, if you want to talk about all-time bad contracts, Allan Houston trumps both of those guys due to the sheer magnitude of the deal (6 years, $100m).

The Houston one was obvious. Eddie Curry was a disater. Isnt he still on the roster??? Does he get any minutes? I want the Heat to sign him when his contract is up.

The Houston one was obvious. Eddie Curry was a disater. Isnt he still on the roster??? Does he get any minutes? I want the Heat to sign him when his contract is up.

Technically, Curry was a S&T, but that one's on Isiah too.

And no, he doesn't get any run and you can gladly have him when Denver chooses not to re-sign him in the offseason.

Notice you guys dont post in here when we blowout the Suns but come out of the woodworks when we lose to the Pacers.

They'll get it together, did i think he it would happen quicker than this...yes. This team can't afford a 1-13 shooting night from D Wade...plain and simple. I suspect that kind of performance won't happen again.

U MAD?

LOL your a funny dude. 1. I cant control fans not showing up. I hear the ol' "worst fans don't even come out and support your team" bullcrap all the time. I have season tickets to the Heat, Fins and Canes. I go to almost every game.

2. I'm sure that picture was taken as the game was well in hand and people were trying to beat traffic. Any team in any city when your teams deficit is insurmountable, the fans take off a few minutes early.

That was the jazz game....2nd qtr I believe. "Fan Up" kid

Im sure they are.

The Knicks could only dream of having a true center like Marcin.

They'll stick to plugging a PF there instead. Which is why they are 9-9.

I really don't know. I think if Marcin Gortat were on the Knicks, his machismo could overwhelm the structural integrity of MSG and cause the Garden to physically collapse. The building's weak enough as it is. Perhaps Orlando is doing the right thing. Quarantining him on the bench, and limiting that exposure, makes things safer for all of us.

Im sure they are.

The Knicks could only dream of having a true center like Marcin.

They'll stick to plugging a PF there instead. Which is why they are 9-9.

I like Gortat, but he would be as useless as Eddy Curry in our system. While he is fairly athletic for his size, he's so much more a half-court player, than he is someone like Mozzy or Turiaf. Yes, turiaf is undersized and Mozzy is just way to raw, but I don't think the lack of Gortat is really keeping us Knicks' fans up at night.

I really don't know. I think if Marcin Gortat were on the Knicks, his machismo could overwhelm the structural integrity of MSG and cause the Garden to physically collapse. The building's weak enough as it is. Perhaps Orlando is doing the right thing. Quarantining him on the bench, and limiting that exposure, makes things safer for all of us.

Or they are one of the deeper teams in the league..something the Knicks know nothing about.

Heat could learn a thing or two from Knicks

November, 29, 2010

NOV 29

6:54

PM ET

EmailPrintComments

By Jared Zwerling

32.7. That could be the most telling number for the Heat's struggles so far this season. That's how many points in the paint they're averaging per game, and get this: It's the lowest in the league. With arguably the league's two best penetrators (LeBron James and Dwyane Wade) and a top 10 big man (Chris Bosh) on the same team, it's a complete shock that the Heat haven't been able to get into the lane at a dominating rate. On the flip side, that's what the Knicks have been able to do. They are eighth in the league in that category, averaging 44.2 per game. That's a credit to their ball movement and not being stagnant on offense. They're looking to attack rather than settle for outside shot after outside shot, which is what they did when they started the season 3-8. Now that the Knicks' Little 3 of Raymond Felton and Amare Stoudemire are running the pick-and-roll effectively, and Danilo Gallinari is driving more, they are creating easier looks inside for themselves and for their teammates.

While ESPN Insider NBA writer Chris Broussard reported this afternoon that Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra's job isn't in jeopardy anytime soon, here's an interesting note that illustrates how much harder he'll have to work: ESPN The Magazine reported in a recent issue that NBA teams have more success when they sign one player to a lucrative deal rather than several. Recent championship teams like the Spurs and Lakers support this argument. They signed stars Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant, respectively, to huge, long-term contracts, and then filled in the complimentary pieces with players who were best at one position (e.g. Tony Parker at point guard for the Spurs and Pau Gasol at power forward for the Lakers) and players who filled specific needs (e.g. the defense Bruce Bowen and Trevor Ariza brought to the Spurs and Lakers, respectively). Not that the Knicks are a championship-caliber team by any means, but they're showing results across the board, from Stoudemire's leadership and scoring to Toney Douglas' shooting and defense off the bench. The Heat are a highly-unique, experimental team and they don't have that consistency yet from the starting five to their second unit.

Spoelstra now has his toughest coaching stretch in front of him. While Wade and James are used to being superstars and doing everything for their previous teams, Spoelstra has to get them to master certain roles, especially because their games are very similar. They have to learn how to play off each other better, which Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen mastered. Wade needs to be the dominant slasher like Jordan (not a shooter) and James needs to be more of a playmaker like Pippen. In that position, James needs to establish a higher intensity for the team, which he did so well in highly-contested playoff series in years past against the Celtics and Pistons. Right now, the Heat are playing lackadaisical with no sense of urgency, especially when they have leads in the third and fourth quarters. They sometimes act like they have the game locked up, taking defensive plays off and not executing on offense; whereas the Knicks have been doing a better job staying on the attack all game -- and it started with their co-captain. After they lost to the Rockets on November 14 -- their fifth in a row -- Stoudemire called out the team's non-aggressive behavior. Since then, they've changed their tune.

True, the Knicks are still a half-game behind the Heat, but they are on a winning roll as of late because of their offensive adjustments, going 6-1 in their last seven while averaging the most points per game (112.3) -- all while the Heat have lost four out of their last five. Where the Heat are excelling is on the defensive end, holding their opponents to 94.5 points per game, compared to 107.2 for the Knicks -- third-worst in the league. But if the Heat can't connect with their coach -- ESPN.com is reporting that the Heat players are getting frustrated with Spoelstra -- their fallout will continue to get worse. On the other hand, the Knicks players love taking the court under Mike D'Antoni's direction, and it has showed. For the Heat, these next two weeks are critical, especially for Spoelstra. On December 17, when the Heat come to town to face the Knicks, things could look a lot different in the Garden.

Archived