The Official Miami Heat Road to the Title Thread

dolphann4life

The reality of it is that the Heat have won 13 more games than the Knicks, but that 13 = 1 and that's it.

1? That's how many more home playoff games the Heat will have against the Knicks because of the better record, and the Knicks have ALWAYS played the Heat well in Miami.

Home court, or any sort of home advantage, also means absolutely nothing in SoFla when a New York team is in town for any sport down here.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home court, or any sort of home advantage, also means absolutely nothing in SoFla when a New York team is in town for any sport down here.

Last nights game reminded me of the Jets/Dolphag games...wayyy more New York fans at those games than Miami.

Its a pathetic city that Miami...very sad indeed.

Last nights game reminded me of the Jets/Dolphag games...wayyy more New York fans at those games than Miami.

Its a pathetic city that Miami...very sad indeed.

dude i was there. their were certainly a good amount of Knick fans but even close to as many Heat fans. They did their little organized chant...congrats.

Too bad he retired, because it would be great to see the dumbfounded look on Bruce Bowen's face after he attempted to punch LeBron in the balls, only to realize that he doesn't have any.

I think KG's taken over the role of ball-puncher.

Miami's going to blitz San Antonio and you'll be right back here talking junk. Its just how the game works.

Yea blitz them in the 1st half like we do to everybody and then get embarrased in the 2nd half. I thought it was hysterical that we still doubled Howard up by 24 when you knew he only way they were getting back into it was with the 3 ball. Spo is a complete joke. No adjustments. No offensive sets in the half court.Pls pls Pat come in now!!! No reason to waste this year. Up by 12 against Chicago and lost. Up by 14 against the Knicks and lost. Up by 24 agains the Magic and lost. Riley would not let this sh*t happen.

Yea blitz them in the 1st half like we do to everybody and then get embarrased in the 2nd half. I thought it was hysterical that we still doubled Howard up by 24 when you knew he only way they were getting back into it was with the 3 ball. Spo is a complete joke. No adjustments. No offensive sets in the half court.Pls pls Pat come in now!!! No reason to waste this year. Up by 12 against Chicago and lost. Up by 14 against the Knicks and lost. Up by 24 agains the Magic and lost. Riley would not let this sh*t happen.

You think divas like LeBron and Bosh want to get put through the ringer in Riley's practices? Wade knows what it's like... you think he wants to go through them again?

You think divas like LeBron and Bosh want to get put through the ringer in Riley's practices? Wade knows what it's like... you think he wants to go through them again?

i dont give a **** what they want, if they want a championship its gonna be hard work and Rileys knows what it takes.

I honestly believe that queen James isn't coachable. Spo might be out the door, but I don't think he's the problem with this team. It's hard to get a system in place when both stars dominate the ball so much and have similar styles of play. Everybody down here is ready for Riley to take over, if they lose early in the playoffs, Spolstra may have a "family emergency" and might not be back.

I honestly believe that queen James isn't coachable. Spo might be out the door, but I don't think he's the problem with this team. It's hard to get a system in place when both stars dominate the ball so much and have similar styles of play. Everybody down here is ready for Riley to take over, if they lose early in the playoffs, Spolstra may have a "family emergency" and might not be back.

Dude there is no reason why we should be losing game after getting double digit leads. It's ridiculous!!! I'm sorry bro, this is Spo's fault. I guaran-*******-tee if Riley is our coach we would not self destruct like that.

i dont give a **** what they want, if they want a championship its gonna be hard work and Rileys knows what it takes.

That's why I think the Heat won't ever win a championship with this team. Their ego is too big and they don't want to work for it. I'm not just some biased Celtics fan...if a team is good, they're good, if a team is bad, they're bad. Right now, Miami is in the middle, but until they can beat good teams, they won't be considered good. I honestly think if you took LeBron off that team, they'd be good. Yes, he's the best player in the world, but there isn't enough ball to go around with Wade and James, and you could actually get some GOOD depth without LeBron's huge contract.

That's why I think the Heat won't ever win a championship with this team. Their ego is too big and they don't want to work for it. I'm not just some biased Celtics fan...if a team is good, they're good, if a team is bad, they're bad. Right now, Miami is in the middle, but until they can beat good teams, they won't be considered good. I honestly think if you took LeBron off that team, they'd be good. Yes, he's the best player in the world, but there isn't enough ball to go around with Wade and James, and you could actually get some GOOD depth without LeBron's huge contract.

There is something to be said for this. People are wondering why Wade, their most clutch player, is not stepping up in crunch time. The problem is the nature of their Big Three.

Honestly, LeBron & Bosh are crunch time pussies. That's their nature. BUT, they're still major stars on that team. If it's 2 major star player and only 1 of them is clutch, the other will naturally defer. LeBron wants to be clutch but something is stopping him (mentally? emotionally?) and Bosh has never been to the postseason so he's a lost cause.

Take the Celtics as comparison. Pierce and Allen are clutch, but KG isn't (no, don't be a homer, you know it's true). Because of that, KG will defer to Pierce and Allen. He'll never be looked to for crunch time buckets. They may happen, but KG won't be the focus of needing the big shot.

So per your theory, the Heat would be better off with just Wade and Bosh because Bosh would naturally defer. Heck, if it was just Wade and LeBron, LeBron might naturally defer.

Archived