Favorite overseas spots and why?

AFJF

Osaka and Kyoto, Japan. Being that the two cities are only 40 minutes away by train, you get a real mix of hanging out in a bustling city (Osaka) and getting a peek into their culture (Kyoto) all in a few days time.

Germany: Munich, Bamberg, Nurnberg, Stuttgart, Berlin. Coburg, Rothenberg, Leipzig, Berchtesgarten, 50 other cities.

Austira: Zell am Zee, Salzberg,

Italy: Venice, Bologna, Vicenza

Prague: Pilsen, Prague

Hungary: Budapest, Kaposvar

Bosnia: Sarajevo, Tuzla

Serbia: Urosevac

Croatia: Slovanski Brod

Greece: Thessalonkiki

France: Paris, Normandy region, Lyon

i love anything and anywhere europe. its the best.

id like to get to japan, but its a steep ticket. the dollar gets you nothing.

Id like to do and plan on doing a china trip with a side venture to india sometime in the next few years

I went to China this year and loved it. It seems like every other person in that country has some type of government job. Everywhere you look in Beijing there is somebody wearing a uniform. The traffic cops wear UPS looking uniforms, that was kind of fuuny.

And while they may do things differently than us, they know how to run a hospital. I had the good fortune (from an educational standpoint anyway) of having to visit an emergency room over there. They had a whole wing of the place dedicated to foreign visitors. I was in and out of there in about fifteen to twenty minutes and the whole thing cost me twelve dollars.

I may be bias but Australia & New Zealand must be on your list of places to visit.

It's a different world. People are friendly and enjoy life to the fullest.

Australia:

Even though I'm not a fan of Sydney you have to go.

Melbourne is my home and a great place.

Unfortunatley you will need to fly to most major cities.

New Zealand:

Fly into Auckland, rent a car, and drive around the North Island. Get down to Wellington and then fly to Christchurch to enjoy the South Island.

On a side note I love Toronto. One of the most underated Cities in the World. A great place to go for a weekend or a week.

On a side note I love Toronto. One of the most underated Cities in the World. A great place to go for a weekend or a week.

Bro.

Vancouver is maybe not very big (2 mill-metro) but is easily my fav city in Canada.

Toronto????

I grew up there (I think).

Tranna loves to think of themselves as the center of Canada, and we let them.

:)

But must admit, it's fun to visit.

d

Bro.

Vancouver is maybe not very big (2 mill-metro) but is easily my fav city in Canada.

Toronto????

I grew up there (I think).

Tranna loves to think of themselves as the center of Canada, and we let them.

:)

But must admit, it's fun to visit.

d

I told ya mate I haven't been to Vancouver since I was a kid so I can't really comment.

I have been to Toronto as an adult and it is great!

Italy, Venice and Florence are the best. The people are friendly, the art and culture are wonderful and the food is great. I could spend a lifetime in the calm of Venice.

I also loved Paris, a very visually appealing city. Same reasons as Florence, and I found the Parisians to be cooperative. Perhaps this is because I speak a little French, but whatever no one there was ever rude to me.

Italy, Venice and Florence are the best. The people are friendly, the art and culture are wonderful and the food is great. I could spend a lifetime in the calm of Venice.

I also loved Paris, a very visually appealing city. Same reasons as Florence, and I found the Parisians to be cooperative. Perhaps this is because I speak a little French, but whatever no one there was ever rude to me.

Good call northcoast....Venice is most definitely #1 on my list. I have a rule about not going to the same place twice but I know I'm going to take another trip out to Italy in the next year or two. I didn't care for Florence at all but I guess you have to enjoy art to enjoy Florence it's not my thing. Venice is incredible.

I used to travel to Detroit a lot in my last job and god knows I didn't spend my money in Michigan!

I guess Windsor is a "destination"

Technically, Windsor is "Detroit East".

And Canada sucks :wink:

And I'm sorry that your job caused you to be here, alot. I'm sorry Michigan is boring. We're run by retards, for all intent and purpose.

I know you didn't say it. But, I'm saying it, because it's true. Michigan sucks. But, on the bright side, I've recently found out that all Michigan girls are completely brain dead. So, that's a plus. :lol:

Two of the least known locations I've been to but right at the top of my list...Cappadocia and Kizkalesi. Both cities in Turkey and both unlike anything you'd see anywhere else.

http://sela-v.com/ru/kizkalesi.jpg

http://www.asiminyeri.com.tr/resim_gal/images/cappadocia_18.jpg

a couple of links but the pictures don't do it justice

Pacific

Singapore - beautiful scenery, very westernized. Had the best Mexican meal ever there.

Phuket Thailand - Beautiful and cheap. Hope it's recovered from the sunami

Penang Malaysia - very westernized, safe, cheap, and beautiful. Took a 6 seater and flew low into Kuala Lumpur - saw lions and tigers. The jungle in the Malay Penninsula is still pretty untouched. Great watching the monkeys in the trees right outside my hotel room balcony.

To me - Japan and China are a pain in the A__

Atlantic

Gotta love London - so easy to get around and so much to do and see.

You can keep most of France and it's inhabitants- but the history is neat. Like the northern channel area around LeHarve and Calais. The WW2 stuff is a pretty deep experience.

Frankfort is ok.

Canada? - Never been up by you Doug, but in general -the Canadian Ballet is outstanding from Q-city to Windsor

Oh - last but not least - If things are ever cooled off enough, Jerusalem is almost indescribable. You think you see history in other parts of the world, then you go there and really see history.

I'm with joewilly, how did Amsterdam not get more prominence in this list?!?!

I was there for a few days and loved every second of it - it's a global party.

Cool moment for me: My wife & I are in this club, and all around the room, you can hear the different languages from pockets of people - a group of Italians here, Germans over there, etc... Well, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody comes on, and the ENTIRE place turns into a giant sing-along... People that didn't speak a word of English knew every single word to the song.

It was a very cool moment. Then we got some relly nice hash & walked the Red Light District - great people watching, and we've all heard the stories, but until you see it for yourself - you wouldn't freaking believe it.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Archived