Patsie's release player drafted in 2008 3rd Rd

JetsFanInDenver

Article:

The Patriots announced that third-year defensive end/outside linebacker Shawn Crable has been waived.

The move is a minor surprise considering that Crable has been on the game-day 45-man roster in each of the last five weeks. He's played six games overall this season, with his primary role as a sub rusher off the defensive left side. He has been credited with four tackles and a half-sack this season.

Crable (6-5, 250) was a third-round draft choice of the Patriots in 2008 and he seemed to be capitalizing on a second chance with the team after he was waived at the start of training camp. He had not appeared in a game in 2008 and 2009, in part because of injuries, but prior to today's roster move, had carved out a specialized niche as a sub rusher this year.

Crable still has practice squad eligibility.

Link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4687682/patriots-waive-olbde-crable

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Crable is made of glass

2) His legs looks like sticks

3) He's Gholston without the physique, money and hope.

.....so true. I wish I had a first round project like Gholston. ;)

Who are you kidding?

Gholston would be a football god under bellicheat.

At the end of the day if i guy cannot contribute it does not make a difference.

Except Crable can contribute...That's why his release is somewhat more significant than Basped or Baspeed h/e you spell it.

Baspeed also has infinitely more physical problems...the likeliness of him ever taking an NFL snap is close to 0.

Another funny post.

Wow, Jet fans are as laughable as they come. For fans of a team that hasn't sniffed the Super Bowl in 41 years, they would have you belive they pick nothing but pro-Bowlers and Hall of famers every draft. :lol::lol: Do they have a clue how foolish they make themselves look? :lol::lol::lol:

Ridiculous? I think Basped had 10 sacks and 18 TFL as a junior. It's not like he was a slouch in college.

Yeah, but at Bumblef*ck (Nevada) U in the WAC...Doing what Crable did with Michigan in the Big 10 will hold alot more weight with scouts.

Not to mention that Basped came in with F'd knees.

Yep. Big 10 production = NFL sure thing. Gholston...cough, cough.

That's stretching my point...The Big 10 is just a better and more proven talent pool than the WAC for the NFL.

I'm not one who quits on the healthy young guys, and from what I understand Crable's injuries haven't been anything big (bruised shin and groin according to Wiki) and last year he was mostly on the IR because Belichick prefers veterans at OLB. This could easily be a move to make another roster move (like the Ravens did with Pryce)...They cut him for a few days or weeks in the summer too.

Archived