Defensive players unhappy with Rex

Integrity28

And your point? These are quotes from the players and coach that show there is a problem. Does it make it you happier that they were on sportscenter too?

Who cares where it comes from its still correct.

Rex belly button was pounding so hard on some Jet fans foreheads, they are not thinking straight anymore.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the press conference.. Rex didn't bash the D.. just did the we lost as a team schtick.. This is more a sign of the defense being pissed at the offense for the loss imo.. and coming off thier disgraceful performance a week ago, they should stfu

Rex bashed the defense in the locker room.

I watched the press conference.. Rex didn't bash the D.. just did the we lost as a team schtick.. This is more a sign of the defense being pissed at the offense for the loss imo.. and coming off thier disgraceful performance a week ago, they should stfu

Uhm, Ellis was talking about what Rex told the team in the locker room and NOT the press conference.

In otherwords, behind closed doors Rex criticized the defense and that pissed off the defensive players. They left the lockerroom before the reporters came in because of it.

Uhm, Ellis was talking about what Rex told the team in the locker room and NOT the press conference.

In otherwords, behind closed doors Rex criticized the defense and that pissed off the defensive players. They left the lockerroom before the reporters came in because of it.

This is pretty bad news. The team is a mess right now. Probably the biggest challenge Rex has to face now. It's all fun and games until you start losing games.

This is pretty bad news. The team is a mess right now. Probably the biggest challenge Rex has to face now. It's all fun and games until you start losing games.

ALL in a matter of 7 days! it went from :cloud9: to suicide watch. it's almost like the Jets were on a plane contemplating jumping, and the Dolphins kicked them in the a$$ and dropped them right out of the plane.

This. Ellis' comments pertained to things Rex said specifically to the D, not about the D to the press.

I just dont get it? How do you bash the defense? I'm so confused about this I dont even know where to begin. Did he tell the offense keep up the good work?

I28 - didnt mean to negative rep you...was trying to quote you.

I just dont get it? How do you bash the defense? I'm so confused about this I dont even know where to begin. Did he tell the offense keep up the good work?

Did you see Rex after the game? he looked totally lost and shocked. I don't think I ever saw him like that before.

didn't read article.. my bad

This. Ellis' comments pertained to things Rex said specifically to the D, not about the D to the press.

got it

this is just unnecessary

i still think miami's sh*tty performance had as much to do with henne's ineptness as it did our defense..

didn't read article.. my bad

got it

this is just unnecessary

i still think miami's sh*tty performance had as much to do with henne's ineptness as it did our defense..

Either way...I think I read some where that the D forced 8 straight 3 and outs...giving the offense ample shots at scoring 1 measly TD.

Either way...I think I read some where that the D forced 8 straight 3 and outs...giving the offense ample shots at scoring 1 measly TD.

offense was obviously putrid... i just don't think defense has as much to feel proud about as it thinks..

really the punter won the game for them

No worries... I don't know how to keep track of rep anymore anyway. :)

Yes I did...he looked burned out and over it. Not sure what to make of it.

when lombardi went to the giants to coach the offense, the players mocked him and his high school style. he was humbled, and went to gifford for help, and the rest is history

rex being humbled might be a good thing

yeah, I'm reaching

when lombardi went to the giants to coach the offense, the players mocked him and his high school style. he was humbled, and went to gifford for help, and the rest is history

yeah, I'm reaching

offense was obviously putrid... i just don't think defense has as much to feel proud about as it thinks..

I guess, but how many times can you a hold a team to 10 or less points and not win...only to be blamed for it in the long run?

You cant win in the NFL kicking FG's. The D did their job whether it was a product of bad offense or not is really insignificant...save the ribbing for the offense.

yeah, I'm reaching

It was weird seeing him like that. He looked like Sanchez does on the sidelines.

that's crap. I'm not going to DWC you but there's no way in hell this offense full of "stars" shouldn't be able to score 1 TD in the last 8 quarters. It's pathetic and become painfully obvious the guy responsible for the O has to go.

as far as Rex's statements I think it's a poor attempt at a motivational tactic... blaming the side who is obviously not responsible in hopes the side that is feels bad and performs better. I see what he's doing but that's not the way to go about it.. I'd prefer he said something like the way the offense is performing is unacceptable and I plan on doing something about it. period.

that's crap. I'm not going to DWC you but there's no way in hell this offense full of "stars" shouldn't be able to score 1 TD in the last 8 quarters. It's pathetic and become painfully obvious the guy responsible for the O has to go.

as far as Rex's statements I think it's a poor attempt at a motivational tactic... blaming the side who is obviously not responsible in hopes the side that is feels bad and performs better. I see what he's doing but that's not the way to go about it.. I'd prefer he said something like the way the offense is performing is unacceptable and I plan on doing something about it. period.

Offense of stars?

LT is clearly done.. shonn greeene isn't sh*t and our two star receivers were picked up for next to nothing for a reason.. and sanchez is a second year player completely unaccustomed to playing in weather

I think Rex is afraid of Sanchez. He's painted himself into a corner as far as being the disciplinarian goes because he wants to be everybody's buddy. Now that it's come time to force Sanchez into a pair of big-boy pants, he can't because Sanchez would likely roll up into a ball and die. So, he vents on his defense instead. Those are his boys.

I think Rex is afraid of Sanchez. He's painted himself into a corner as far as being the disciplinarian goes because he wants to be everybody's buddy. Now that it's come time to force Sanchez into a pair of big-boy pants, he can't because Sanchez would likely roll up into a ball and die. So, he vents on his defense instead. Those are his boys.

Afraid of him as in actually fears him? Or afraid he's going to hurt his confidence if he rips him a new one?

This is why Sanchez is confused. when the Jets started the season last year Rex told him we are gonna let you throw the rock he told him that at halftime of the Patriots home game last year when they did nothing in the 1st half. then Rex reeled him in after he sh*t the bed in the middle of the season. now this year it's happening all over again. Rex has to figure out what he wants from this offense to make it successful and hammer it into Schottys brain or get rid of Schotty all together.

Afraid of him as in actually fears him? Or afraid he's going to hurt his confidence if he rips him a new one?

Two-fold. On the one hand, Rex's entire coaching career is married to Sanchez's development. If Sanchez implodes long-term, Rex knows he's f^cked. So, he's scared of Sanchez in that sense, and in the sense that he's afraid to cripple Sanchez emotionally, IMO.

Two-fold. On the one hand, Rex's entire coaching career is married to Sanchez's development. If Sanchez implodes long-term, Rex knows he's f^cked. So, he's scared of Sanchez in that sense, and in the sense that he's afraid to cripple Sanchez emotionally, IMO.

Sanchez is emotionally a pussy and it has nothing to do with how Rex Ryan treats him. He's a Southern Cali fag boy model.

It would serve him well to get toughened up a bit by Rex. If your career is riding on this kid, then punch him in his damn mouth and toughen the little pussy up.

How bout a slant route. Can we run a god damn slant. Anything to the inside maybe? That all Braylon should be doing, inside routes.

We faked one and Holmes dropped a td. theres no reason to go back to that when ground and pound is your game in that weather. run it on 1st and2nd down with your fingers crossed and put sanchez in obvious passing downs on 3rd down. thats Jets football.

yesterday completely sucked. That being said, lets hit bottom now, with 3 weeks left and hit our stride come round 1. I would rather play a Wild Card game than have gone 14 days without playing a game for this year anyway. I think our offense can click, and our defense can play better. Just because our defense held a turrible miami team to 10 pts does not mean that they cannot play better. Rex demands perfection from his defense and if you dont want to play perfect defense gtfo.... As far as the O, we need to find a rythm. Go to the hurry up, go to a run and gun, go to whatever you have to to get in to a groove on offense.

I kinda agree with this...Rex is trying to find the balance between being too meany poo to his QB or not being meany poo enough...sucks because if he didn't devote so much time to public relations and instead invested that into time with his QB...iunno I'm still period of time when either of these guys impress me for more than minutes at a time.

But Rex revealed that he almost benched Sanchez yesterday. I think he is lost and confused.

We faked one and Holmes dropped a td. theres no reason to go back to that when ground and pound is your game in that weather. run it on 1st and2nd down with your fingers crossed and put sanchez in obvious passing downs on 3rd down. thats Jets football.

We ran plenty. Every first down was a run up the gut for -1 to 3 yards. Same thing for most of the second downs.

A better plan would have been to vary up the running plays if they're going to run every first down, use more Shonn Greene, and also maybe pass a few times on 1st down. If you want to help the QB you run on 3rd down and pass on 1st. If you want to set your QB up to fail you have him pass only on 3rd downs and take him out repeatedly from under center.

Anyone else completely content with letting burn?

I mean, I'd rather miss the playoffs than back in and end the season by backing into an anticlimatic wild card game loss.

I don't see how missing the playoffs is a good thing?? So because we're playing sh*tty now, we should completely disregard the 9 wins we've already accumulated?? Same thing as last year, if we show up these last three weeks than we deserve to make the playoffs and once there, we're all 0-0. Besides the pats, I don't find any other team necessarily daunting in the AFC. If we start to gain some momentum these next few weeks and our offense shows any signs of being slightly better than flat-lined, we could make another push.

I'll probably get flamed for being so optimistic, but we are 9-4, if we make the playoffs it's because we deserved to make the playoffs. You don't apologize for how you win your games, over a course of a 16 game season things tend to even out...so if we make it, it's because we deserved to. I personally felt that after the complete domination of Oakland last year that the second loss to miami followed by the subsequent losses to jacksonville and new england were just as demoralizing. We than win two slopfests against carolina and at buffalo followed by, what had everyone chanting SOJ, the most heartbreaking loss to atlanta.

All the same posters were claiming that it was SOJ to beat carolina and buffalo than lose to atlanta when they had given us hope of making the playoffs. Than what happened?? We backed into the playoffs and won two games and came pretty close to making it to the superbowl. I have no reason to believe that they can't do it again.

Archived