Holmes relieved himself of punt returning duties because...

SenorGato

You're doing it wrong bit. The point is to create panic and chaos. This is big news. It shows that Rex and Westhoff can't control the players. The unsinkable ship is sinking!

Yeah, never mind the fact that if he breaks a long one but doesnt score, that he's going to be gassed and then our best WR will probably be sidelined for a few plays. (which I guess doesnt matter considering he'd have two plays to catch is breath when we run it twice and then throw on 3rd ;-).

Cromartie defiantly should be our punt returner. He's the only one I think that has the a ability to bring it back to the house every time he touches the ball

You mean when he isn't falling on his own or shying away from a hit. I give you he does have ability, but I'd rather have Holmes. He can do the same thing, and if he does miss a cpl plays or even a game for some reason, it won't hurt as bad as if Cro isn't in our backfield.

Gato, where did you hear that Holmes said that???

You mean when he isn't falling on his own or shying away from a hit. I give you he does have ability, but I'd rather have Holmes. He can do the same thing, and if he does miss a cpl plays or even a game for some reason, it won't hurt as bad as if Cro isn't in our backfield.

Gato, where did you hear that Holmes said that???

Boomer and Carton.

I like Holmes at punt returner.

Yeah, never mind the fact that if he breaks a long one but doesnt score, that he's going to be gassed and then our best WR will probably be sidelined for a few plays. (which I guess doesnt matter considering he'd have two plays to catch is breath when we run it twice and then throw on 3rd ;-).

A) He already plays like he's gassed most of the time. He puts no effort in.

B) He would likely just drop the ball anyway if it's thrown for a TD. Then afterwards we would all pretend that was also Sanchez' fault.

This guy sucks. The offense was much better with Braylon and Keller as the focal points and LT for the underneath stuff after these guys cleared it out. A good coach would bench Santonio to make a point. He doesn't try.

Holmes has shown why the Steelers got rid of him. I hope he just gets benched and Cotch is the #2 again, even though he drops stuff too. Brad Smith can be the #3, and of course that means most of the plays will go to him haha.

B) He would likely just drop the ball anyway if it's thrown for a TD. Then afterwards we would all pretend that was also Sanchez' fault.

This guy sucks. The offense was much better with Braylon and Keller as the focal points and LT for the underneath stuff after these guys cleared it out. A good coach would bench Santonio to make a point. He doesn't try.

Holmes has shown why the Steelers got rid of him. I hope he just gets benched and Cotch is the #2 again, even though he drops stuff too. Brad Smith can be the #3, and of course that means most of the plays will go to him haha.

Good point. He hasnt made any plays for this offense since arriving.

A very valid post with valid points. I agree. Stick with BE and DK. Sanchez is forcing him the ball resulting in INTs.

A very valid post with valid points. I agree. Stick with BE and DK. Sanchez is forcing him the ball resulting in INTs.

The same thing happened last year when we got Edwards. He was trying out his new toy and forcing it in too much.

Did Holmes really ask to be removed from punt returns?

According to Boomer and Carton...I think they cited the Daily News...link...soon:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/scott_no_divide_in_locker_room_asA31GQtTWotVua5b82zJI

WR Santonio Holmes said yesterday that the reason be came off the field as the punt returner Sunday against Miami was because he'd become so frustrated with how well Dolphins punter Brandon Fields was kicking he begged out of the game, giving way to CB Antonio Cromartie .

"It wasn't fun because the guy was kicking it 60 or 70 yards and he didn't give me a chance to get going," Holmes said. "I was upset. I kind of got frustrated and didn't even want to return punts because of way he was punting the ball.

"I got tired of him punting. Every time he got back to punt, this guy was standing on his own goal line and he's punting it to our 15-yard line. I'm like, 'Who does that?' I told 'West' (special teams coach Mike Westhoff), 'You can send someone else back there. There's no way I want to return 97-yard punts.' "

Holmes will be back returning punts Sunday against his former team, the Steelers.

"Those guys know how I feel about returning punts at that stadium [Heinz Field]," he said. "Those guys know if they give me an opportunity, trust me, I'm going to take advantage of it. If they give me a crease, I'm going to take it the house. Feed that to those guys."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/scott_no_divide_in_locker_room_asA31GQtTWotVua5b82zJI#ixzz18Kkzrl5L

Turns out it's the Post...who also has the headline "Scott claims locker room not divided." What a rag...Give that guy a contract extension!

I've been saying that Holmes is overrated here for a long time, but they can't bench him. Good coach or not. Never mind the fact that the guy can make plays, they have nobody else. Cotchery has been hurt and so has Brad Smith. They have been playing, but they are far from 100%.

According to Boomer and Carton...I think they cited the Daily News...link...soon:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/scott_no_divide_in_locker_room_asA31GQtTWotVua5b82zJI

Turns out it's the Post...who also has the headline "Scott claims locker room not divided." What a rag...Give that guy a contract extension!

That makes no sense whatsoever. Long punts are easier to return. Much easier to get yardage on. Hasn't he ever hear of the term "overkicking your coverage"? Sure the guy may not be as likely to get to the endzone, but at least he was able to catch them before the gunner got down there to lay him out. Forget the fact that the gunner was usually out of bounds and/or tripped.

I've been saying that Holmes is overrated here for a long time, but they can't bench him. Good coach or not. Never mind the fact that the guy can make plays, they have nobody else. Cotchery has been hurt and so has Brad Smith. They have been playing, but they are far from 100%.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Long punts are easier to return. Much easier to get yardage on. Hasn't he ever hear of the term "overkicking your coverage"? Sure the guy may not be as likely to get to the endzone, but at least he was able to catch them before the gunner got down there to lay him out. Forget the fact that the gunner was usually out of bounds and/or tripped.

Depending on the hang time.

Archived