MNF

Gainzo

Anyone watching ESPN right now? Snow, sub-zero temps, and playing in a Stadium that isn't "winterized." The forecast calls for 4" to 6" of snow and temps hovering around 10 degrees (not including windchill).

This game only matters to the Bears and IMO they are getting bent over with the decision to play this game on a sub-standard field.

Someone is going to get hurt tonight.

Anyone watching ESPN right now? Snow, sub-zero temps, and playing in a Stadium that isn't "winterized." The forecast calls for 4" to 6" of snow and temps hovering around 10 degrees (not including windchill).

This game only matters to the Bears and IMO they are getting bent over with the decision to play this game on a sub-standard field.

Its all about keeping the players safe though.

The only thing that NFL could do that would be more stupid would be to play a mid-February Superbowl outdoors in the Northeast.

I think it's ******* great. As I said early in another post, this isn't ******* tennis it's football. I've played on frozen fields before, it's part of the game and the clothing now is a hell of a lot better then it was then and way better then the clothing the guys use to wear back in the day that played in outdoor stadiums all the time.

I think it's ******* great. As I said early in another post, this isn't ******* tennis it's football. I've played on frozen fields before, it's part of the game and the clothing now is a hell of a lot better then it was then and way better then the clothing the guys use to wear back in the day.

exactly! These guys played on solid dirt when they were younger. It's no big deal. Next the nba will want rubber floors because the wood will be too hard. Play the damn game.

This is the way football should be played. These pansy a$$ pretty boys get paid big bucks for this. Let it snow!

exactly! These guys played on solid dirt when they were younger. It's no big deal. Next the nba will want rubber floors because the wood will be too hard. Play the damn game.

It's funny, my father use to think we were all pussies because we weren't as tough as they were and now I feel the same way he did.

give me a break! These babies can't play on a non heated field now? Ever watch a game at old metropolitan stadium? High schools played here over the weekend on non heated fields. Bunch of pampered wimps. Tee it up and kick it off!

These guys are bigger, stronger and faster than High School players. There are a lot of Leagues around the World (Soccer, Rugby, Aussie Rules) that won't let their players play on sub standard surfaces.

These guys are bigger, stronger and faster than High School players. There are a lot of Leagues around the World (Soccer, Rugby, Aussie Rules) that won't let their players play on sub standard surfaces.

maybe this will make them wear their damn thigh and knee pads for once. And if they have any sense, they may even wear long sleeves!

They don't wear armor when they're playing and I've played rugby on a frozen pitch before wearing only rugby gear. And pro players played outside up North for a long time before tree hugging pussies ruined this country.

article-0-0C55842E000005DC-641_634x326.jpg

rugby-snow415.jpg

Someone needs to explain to me why these winter games "are the way the game is suposed to be played." I think it sucks. The quality of play is worse. The elements play too much of a factor, the fan experience blows. I think the "good 'ole days" is urban myth.

All that said, no offense, but last nights conditions didn't look all that awful to me. Then again, I live in the Northeast and am used to it.

Archived