Charlie Weis leaving the Chiefs for the Gators?

Matt39

Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Charlie Weis is being targeted by the University of Florida Gators to become the offensive coordinator under new coach Will Muschamp, two sources confirmed to ESPN.

Weis is expected to take the job, but no firm agreement is in place.

Muschamp contacted the Chiefs this week for permission to talk to Weis, with the full intention of hiring the Chiefs offensive coordinator and former Notre Dame head coach, sources said. A Florida source said Weis would continue to coach the Chiefs into the AFC playoffs. Another source reiterated that Weis is expected to accept the job.

In his first year on the job, Muschamp has been focused on hiring an NFL offensive coordinator to install a pro-style offense and to assist with attracting pro-style quarterbacks and receivers to the Gators program, sources said.

Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun first said that Weis was the leading candidate for the Gators' offensive coordinator position.

Chiefs coach Todd Haley did not wish to comment on the report when he was contacted by ESPN and other media members at his Friday press conference.

I recalled something similar...still...strange to see him return to college...thought he was better suited to the NFL game. Good hire from Muschamp.

Theres not as much pressure in college. and he has health problems to boot. he was in a wheel chair for TC with the Chiefs. I am assuming those factors have a lot to do with his decision also.

This would be a huge boost for the Gaytors, they'll actually run a pro offense and groom a QB for the NFL.

Not nice.

But I'm stoked if true. Maybe we can finally get a pro style WR and RB. Plus if Jeff Driskel is as advertised, I'm creaming myself to see what he can do with Weis as a mentor.

wow

going from pro OC to NCAA OC can only be done for huge dollars

amazing to think UF could offer more money then the chiefs

guess weiss doesn't have any pics of haley's wifes gina

NFL = 100 hour work weeks

NCAA = 20 hours a week on the field + games. Coaches like Bob Stoops take their kids to school and pick their kids up from school.

wow

Charlie Weis knows whats going on. The NFL/NBA will more likely than not have a strike next year because they dont have the money to pay their players. I heard that both the NFL/NBA have borrowed money for atleast a year. We'll see.

The Jets better win the SB this year!

wow

See. We don't have to worry about this. So what if Schotty has pictures of Ryan's wife's gina? Everybody has already seen 'em!

Archived