Vernon Gholston

Sperm Edwards

Just for kicks, and because I know we're going to see the attempt to do it within minutes, how does anyone continue to defend this guy?

No one's going to defend him, there will be an attack for 'complaining about a player after finishing 11-5 in a playoff bound season'. I already tried to start a celebration thread, but Sperm didn't like it.

No one's going to defend him, there will be an attack for 'complaining about a player after finishing 11-5 in a playoff bound season'. I already tried to start a celebration thread, but Sperm didn't like it.

There was nothing wrong with your thread as you started it. But it was going in a bad direction.

He has a strong case of indigestion. Seems he ate too much bar-b-qued crow today. He will be seeing McKnight is his nightmares and then with Slauson blocking for Joe so well, it only got worse. LOL :P

Well he still has all those games Revis is going to win us single handedly in his pocket. :lol:

believe it or not im glad he didn't get a sack. If he gets that bonus they have to cut him. as it stands they get another year on the cheap of VG.

I think someone brought up he's already earned it due to playing in 20% of the snaps. He could have also recovered 1 fumble to trigger the bonus.

Playing just about every snap today probably put him over the 20% mark but I really don't know for sure.

I think someone brought up he's already earned it due to playing in 20% of the snaps. He could have also recovered 1 fumble to trigger the bonus.

Playing just about every snap today probably put him over the 20% mark but I really don't know for sure.

They dont make those number public but according to PFF he was around 22% before this game and playing all the snaps should put him at about 25% Id imagine. PFF does a pretty good approximation so I would think playing every snap this game saw him earn it. Everything regular season earned should be accrued this week for next season so Id imagine someone in the media will report on it by Tuesday.

He looked fine to me. Not to the point of thinking anything is going on, but he didn't look bad. Westerman looked active and made a big hit on specials. Seems odd they didn't use him all year the way he looked today.

I thin Westerman has been injured a bit this year. I kind of remember him being inactive alot. He has far better instincts than Gholston. Its clear just watching the games and watching him flying around on the field or diving at a loose ball. Gholston seriously looks like a guy that has never played football before and is just learning the game. I just dont see how the team whiffed so badly on him. I understand that the draft is often a crapshoot but usually the busts at his position are guys that either sign the big fat contract and just get lazy and never work at it or just cant handle the increased size and speed of the linemen and are overwhelmed. Gholston isnt either. He doesnt seem lazy and nobody has ever complained about his work ethic at all. He usually doesnt look overwhelmed at the line either. Its not like you see him getting his butt planted on the ground or just blown off the ball. He just looks like he has no clue of how to play football. He is like a whole new category of bust.

I thin Westerman has been injured a bit this year. I kind of remember him being inactive alot. He has far better instincts than Gholston. Its clear just watching the games and watching him flying around on the field or diving at a loose ball. Gholston seriously looks like a guy that has never played football before and is just learning the game. I just dont see how the team whiffed so badly on him. I understand that the draft is often a crapshoot but usually the busts at his position are guys that either sign the big fat contract and just get lazy and never work at it or just cant handle the increased size and speed of the linemen and are overwhelmed. Gholston isnt either. He doesnt seem lazy and nobody has ever complained about his work ethic at all. He usually doesnt look overwhelmed at the line either. Its not like you see him getting his butt planted on the ground or just blown off the ball. He just looks like he has no clue of how to play football. He is like a whole new category of bust.

I don't know who to blame, but this had to be even more obvious if you were trying to move him to LB. I can see him fooling people at DE, but OLB? Running drills in space he had to look horrific. I saw him play a couple of games in college and thought he was a monster. Of course the games I watched happened to be among his best. I still think he may have a long career in the NFL, just not a spectacular one.

yeah, when you don't get anything in a game like that, it's really not a good sign

maybe he's sand bagging for the SB ?

If there was ever a team to pull off the ultimate hustle of all time... spanning two different coaches and three years....

Vernon Gholston is secretly the most beastly pass rusher the world has ever known.

He has been instructed to do NOTHING until this epic playoff run begins... at which point, it will be far too late for any team to make adjustments to him.

JETS WIN SUPERBOWL

I thought Gholston would be a good pass rusher in the NFL. But even in college, he had ZERO pass rush moves. I assumed he would learn enough w/pro teaching + w/his physical ability (which is solid but overrated), it would make him a good 8-10 sack guy every year in a couple years......

But like others have said, its like he doesnt get it. I have more pass rush moves than this guy.

Seriously has anyone ever seen him do a simple swim move? He's a complete stiff, its like he doesnt know he has hands.

Archived