13 time playcalling champion.

SenorGato

Good for you Bro, you've been the voice of sanity all year among a board of fools. When this team executes Schott looks like a genius - go figure.

To JN:

LOL.

Can you believe this clown was busy polishing Schitty's knob in the game thread and still refuses to give Sanchez any credit?

To JN:

LOL.

Can you believe this clown was busy polishing Schitty's knob in the game thread and still refuses to give Sanchez any credit?

You can't be serious? first, I've given Sanchez credit all year when the rest of the fair-weather fans jumped off the bandwagon. Second, if Sanchez is accurate vs. the Colts that game isn't even close. Yet the entire game you and the rest of the "Schott sucks" croud were cying about play-calling.

Schott has done a great job this post season at calling the game. Sanchez has been good, not great, and the OL and wr's have been amazing.

Before you spout off at me why don't you pull every thread I posted in the game thread? The harshest criticism I had for Sanchez was "Sanchez needs to relax". When everyone else jumped off the ledge at 3-0 I was probably the only voice of reason in the entire game thread.

Total douchie comments. Why can't you just enjoy the ride? Why do you feel the need to keep bitching about the OC? Which OC would you rather have, and how do you know that guy would have made it this far?

You can't be serious? first, I've given Sanchez credit all year when the rest of the fair-weather fans jumped off the bandwagon. Second, if Sanchez is accurate vs. the Colts that game isn't even close. Yet the entire game you and the rest of the "Schott sucks" croud were cying about play-calling.

Schott has done a great job this post season at calling the game. Sanchez has been good, not great, and the OL and wr's have been amazing.

Before you spout off at me why don't you pull every thread I posted in the game thread? The harshest criticism I had for Sanchez was "Sanchez needs to relax". When everyone else jumped off the ledge at 3-0 I was probably the only voice of reason in the entire game thread.

Total douchie comments. Why can't you just enjoy the ride? Why do you feel the need to keep bitching about the OC? Which OC would you rather have, and how do you know that guy would have made it this far?

Who was calling who out? If you're going to call me out then don't cry afterwards. If you didn't want to make it an issue you could have shut up and just enjoyed the win. Instead you were busy babbling about Schitty.

I don't think he's done a "great" job by any means. I've also said Sanchez didn't play great last week either and made a lot of mistakes. Sanchez played very well later on in this game however. And not having Brad Smith made Schitty into a better play caller. I hate that stupid wildcat. It didn't work today either and fortunately was only limited to that one almost bungle. I said before the game with Brad Smith out Sanchez would respond with 3 TDs. He delivered. That stupid crap just held him back.

Schitty deserves credit for avoiding Mangini's fatal mistake in actually not learning from his mistakes.

Gato can do Braylon-saults all he wants over Schitty, but Schitty CHANGED his schemes going up against the Steelers and has stuck with that. Schitty is calling better games now and he should be commended for that.

Also, not having Smith out there was a blessing in disguise.

Voice of reason?

lol

Clearly you just showed up.

Good for you Bro, you've been the voice of sanity all year among a board of fools. When this team executes Schott looks like a genius - go figure.

Put down the pipe, shortbus - if you think Gato is the voice of sanity and Schott's playcall and gameplan was only lacking the proper player execution this season - you need rehab. Get in now - there's going to be a waiting list after the SB.

Schitty deserves credit for avoiding Mangini's fatal mistake in actually not learning from his mistakes.

Gato can do Braylon-saults all he wants over Schitty, but Schitty CHANGED his schemes going up against the Steelers and has stuck with that. Schitty is calling better games now and he should be commended for that.

This.

Gato is a clown at times with his blind Schottenheimer love. But as much as I give BS (and Gato) grief for his unbridled stupidity at times, I also give credit where it's due. The guy called just about a perfect game on offense. Maybe the one play where Edwards & Holmes were in the same place where the ball went, but who knows if that was exactly how it was supposed to go down really. Other than that, it seemed every bad play came early-on and it was Sanchez off-target, plus the one wildcat where LT bobbled the long snap. After that, Sanchez was stupid-accurate and Schottenheimer called the perfect play just about every time.

Outstanding game from Schottenheimer. Just outstanding.

Who was calling who out? If you're going to call me out then don't cry afterwards. If you didn't want to make it an issue you could have shut up and just enjoyed the win. Instead you were busy babbling about Schitty.

I don't think he's done a "great" job by any means. I've also said Sanchez didn't play great last week either and made a lot of mistakes. Sanchez played very well later on in this game however. And not having Brad Smith made Schitty into a better play caller. I hate that stupid wildcat. It didn't work today either and fortunately was only limited to that one almost bungle. I said before the game with Brad Smith out Sanchez would respond with 3 TDs. He delivered. That stupid crap just held him back.

The funny part is that winning has never stopped a Schitty hater.

Anyway, he's done an awesome job this postseason, just like last postseason. Best OC this franchise has had in a long time. It's always funny how there's some player related reason why Schitty got lucky this week, but I shall digress. :D It's almost as if talented, competent, confident players make the difference in chess, er, football!

Great ride so far. Surprise bitches! and all the other things I'm supposed to say. Apologies to those that hate the agenda. Thanks to LR for the compliments.

Gato is a clown at times with his blind Schottenheimer love. But as much as I give BS (and Gato) grief for his unbridled stupidity at times, I also give credit where it's due. The guy called just about a perfect game on offense. Maybe the one play where Edwards & Holmes were in the same place where the ball went, but who knows if that was exactly how it was supposed to go down really. Other than that, it seemed every bad play came early-on and it was Sanchez off-target, plus the one wildcat where LT bobbled the long snap. After that, Sanchez was stupid-accurate and Schottenheimer called the perfect play just about every time.

Outstanding game from Schottenheimer. Just outstanding.

I thought Schott made 1 bad play call today. When the Jets were pounding the ball down the field in the 3rd quarter with 4 or 5 straight runs, I thought he should have stuck with the run on 2nd and 5 instead of the out to holmes. that and the wildcat. other than that perfect game.

I thought Schott made 1 bad play call today. When the Jets were pounding the ball down the field in the 3rd quarter with 4 or 5 straight runs, I thought he should have stuck with the run on 2nd and 5 instead of the out to holmes. that and the wildcat. other than that perfect game.

If he goes a whole football game - particularly a game of this magnitude - and makes 1, 2, even 3 calles that you would have done something differently (in hindsight, mind you), that's as good of a game as can be called.

Called a great game for the players we have against the defense we were playing against. What more can you really ask of an OC?

This.

The radical change in gameplan has helped in execution. Majorly.

Shotty has been great lately. It's helped Sanchez improve.

but you're Lionel Ritchie. Really, voice of reason? football? ok.

This.

The radical change in gameplan has helped in execution. Majorly.

Shotty has been great lately. It's helped Sanchez improve.

This is true, as much as it's supposed to cause me pain to admit it.

Also, offense has completely changed since they decided to make Edwards apart of the short game.

Also, offense has completely changed since they decided to make Edwards apart of the short game.

They ran the same plays they've run all year. They ran on 1st down, they ran up the middle, they ran all of the plays that everyone bitches so much about.

The difference today was 1 offensive penalty, no holding, no int's, no fumbles.

They ran the same plays they've run all year. They ran on 1st down, they ran up the middle, they ran all of the plays that everyone bitches so much about.

Only time I saw the players slip up is when Holmes and Edwards ran the same route that one time.

Now they have to step it up even another level to beat the Pats.

No, this isn't true.

Schottenheimer changed what's he's doing after the Pats MNF debacle. He finally got the message in that game that trying to be cute doesn't pay off, and calling difficult to execute plays in an effort to outsmart your opponent doesn't work, either. Since then, he's does something completely different: he's designed and called plays that played to his players strengths rather than designing and calling plays that only worked in his imagination. He finally caught on that the Jets are good enough to just line up against most teams. The OL is a dominant unit, the RB's are first rate, the WR's are one of the best threesomes in the league. They just need to line up and play.

While it's true that the running game gets complained about, it was the passing game that was the real problem - and the problem wasn't all Sanchez. Calling easier throws has made Sanchez a better QB. Go figure!

yup

thank god they scrapped the LT cat after the fumbled snap

just move on please

One of the qualities of intelligence that I respect the most is willingness and ability to adapt. Shotty did that, and everyone on offense, and the entire franchise, and the fans have all been the beneficiaries.

No, this isn't true.

Schottenheimer changed what's he's doing after the Pats MNF debacle. He finally got the message in that game that trying to be cute doesn't pay off, and calling difficult to execute plays in an effort to outsmart your opponent doesn't work, either. Since then, he's does something completely different: he's designed and called plays that played to his players strengths rather than designing and calling plays that only worked in his imagination. He finally caught on that the Jets are good enough to just line up against most teams. The OL is a dominant unit, the RB's are first rate, the WR's are one of the best threesomes in the league. They just need to line up and play.

While it's true that the running game gets complained about, it was the passing game that was the real problem - and the problem wasn't all Sanchez. Calling easier throws has made Sanchez a better QB. Go figure!

Sorry Bro, those were the same plays.

wildcat - check

reverse -check

run up the middle on 1st down - check

run up the middle on 2nd down - check

There were no sacks, no holding penalties, no drops, no ints.

Everyone wants to put the blame on Schott when Sanchez sh*ts the bed and then talk about how great Sanchez is when the Jets win.

I remember watching NFL Network after the Dolphin debacle and Mayock was breaking down the game. Sanchez had open guys all day that he either missed with bad throws or bad reads. Sanchez just dropped his nuts in the playoffs and is making ALL the right reads and most of the right throws. Not to mention the OL is completely dominating and keeping Sanchez upright.

wildcat - check

reverse -check

Everyone wants to put the blame on Schott when Sanchez sh*ts the bed and then talk about how great Sanchez is when the Jets win.

I remember watching NFL Network after the Dolphin debacle and Mayock was breaking down the game. Sanchez had open guys all day that he either missed with bad throws or bad reads. Sanchez just dropped his nuts in the playoffs and is making ALL the right reads and most of the right throws. Not to mention the OL is completely dominating and keeping Sanchez upright.

Yes to all.

Sorry, as much as you may want one there is no such thing as a new playbook in week 17.

EXECUTION.

wildcat - check

reverse -check

Just because some of the same plays are called, doesn't mean the offense was the same. That is a gross oversimplification. The passing game has been almost completely changed. Earlier in the season, we relied on our WRs beating players downfield for big plays. Teams defended us by playing the run, and then hoping for the best on the big play. Occasionally it worked, but plenty of times it didn't.

Now, everything is done closer to the line of scrimmage. The WRs are now accountable for YAC and making plays for first downs rather than Sanchez for throwing perfect deep balls. We try to pick up 8-15 yards per pass in general rather than 20+.

It's a completely different philosophy, and one that makes a ton more sense for the current QB situation.

Archived