"Bloomberg" News on Nick Folk.

villain_the_foe

Whats funny though is that the kicks that we "needed" him to make this entire year he's made. He's also perfect in the playoffs, a lack of a replay challenge doesnt take away the fact that the kick was good against the pats. Not only will Folk help us go to the superbowl, but we're going to win it on his foot. Thats for all the doubters and haters alike.

Oh, and my boy Lowery is going to be a nightmare for Roethilsberger on Sunday. 2 picks.

Folk sucks. I hope we win by a touchdown. I have no faith in him at all.

I remember the love for folk after the detriot game. I remember the love for folk after the Colts playoff game. I dont know what it is about us Jet fans not liking this dude. Im not saying he's the best kicker in the league, all im saying is that Mike Nugent would miss a kick that we NEEDED. John Hall would miss a kick that we NEEDED. Jay Feely I liked. Cant say anything bad about Feely. Folk is 100% in those situations. Thats all im saying.

I remember the love for folk after the detriot game. I remember the love for folk after the Colts playoff game. I dont know what it is about us Jet fans not liking this dude. Im not saying he's the best kicker in the league, all im saying is that Mike Nugent would miss a kick that we NEEDED. John Hall would miss a kick that we NEEDED. Jay Feely I liked. Cant say anything bad about Feely. Folk is 100% in those situations. Thats all im saying.

I don't dislike him at all I just get scared every time he lines up to take a kick. If he keeps making them great it doesn't change the fact that I have absolutely no confidence in him from any distance, he seems shaky even when he makes kicks.

He's a frickin kicker, he only has one job. If he cant do that job he's worthless.

I don't dislike him at all I just get scared every time he lines up to take a kick. If he keeps making them great it doesn't change the fact that I have absolutely no confidence in him from any distance, he seems shaky even when he makes kicks.

I think this is why we all shudder when he lines up to kick. Folk is not a "straight-down-the-middle" guy. He uses every inch between those posts. Usually it works out--but not always. And it's always a nailbiter until the refs throw up their hands.

He's a frickin kicker, he only has one job. If he cant do that job he's worthless.

but he's perfect in the playoffs Dark. And if it wasnt for his leg we would not have gotten past the 1st round in the playoffs you must admit. Im feeling so good about this teams kicker right now I must say lol.

Well, to be honest, im more excited than nervous. Last year at this moment I felt more nervous than anything because I was still felt like maybe the Jets werent this good this quickly. Today I feel confident that the Jets are going to the superbowl and I think this is Folks stage to erase his history with the Cowboys and get back to probowl form. I think Folk is the only kicker to win a game in the playoffs this year.

but he's perfect in the playoffs Dark. And if it wasnt for his leg we would not have gotten past the 1st round in the playoffs you must admit. Im feeling so good about this teams kicker right now I must say lol.

Well, to be honest, im more excited than nervous. Last year at this moment I felt more nervous than anything because I was still felt like maybe the Jets werent this good this quickly. Today I feel confident that the Jets are going to the superbowl and I think this is Folks stage to erase his history with the Cowboys and get back to probowl form. I think Folk is the only kicker to win a game in the playoffs this year.

He missed a kick against the Patriots. I dont care how close it appeared, he shouldnt have made it that close to begin with.

If the game comes down to Folk I am going to have a heart attack...Heinz Field is one of the toughest places to kick in the NFL

Exactly. Heinz field is a nightmare to kick in. Neither team wants their kicker on the field kicking for their ticket to Dallas. Neither team. I honestly haven;t felt good about a Jets kicker since we drafter Stoogent.

Well he certainly isnt Adam Vinateri but he did stick a knife in the Colts heart with that game ender.

Based on that kick I give him cred until he blows a playoff game. If that happens JN puts out the contract on him.

FWIW, the missed kick in NE? I replayed it in slo mo about 25 times and it does look good. Rex should have reviewed it but he didnt because he was gonna play that game conservatively ie no risky reviews, trick plays, 4th down passes etc.

Folk sucks. I hope we win by a touchdown. I have no faith in him at all.

I hope we win by five touchdowns.

Well, thats arguable...however, every kicked we needed him to make he's made.

Thats playing like a Jet if you ask me.

Doug Brien made every kick we needed him to make until he got to Pittsburgh in January 2005.

I think this is why we all shudder when he lines up to kick. Folk is not a "straight-down-the-middle" guy. He uses every inch between those posts. Usually it works out--but not always. And it's always a nailbiter until the refs throw up their hands.

That's funny. I think Folk is a "straight" kicker. He doesn't hook the ball which is what I like about him. Sometimes he leaves it out there a little, but he doesn't even seem to slice. I'd prefer he kick from the left hash from what I've seen.

I hope we win by five touchdowns.

Doug Brien made every kick we needed him to make until he got to Pittsburgh in January 2005.

That's funny. I think Folk is a "straight" kicker. He doesn't hook the ball which is what I like about him. Sometimes he leaves it out there a little, but he doesn't even seem to slice. I'd prefer he kick from the left hash from what I've seen.

Agree with you, his kicks are straight. I am not very knowlegable with this stuff butI know these pro kickers can use fade and draw for certain conditions.

With Folk I dont know if kicking straight helps or hurts if the wind is strong. What do you think?

I honestly dont think Folk is afraid in a big spot.

I think his mechanics let him down from time to time kinda like a golfers swing.

Big dif between that and a choker like Brien.

I think that douche Brien would have missed that game winner in Indy.

Agree with you, his kicks are straight. I am not very knowlegable with this stuff butI know these pro kickers can use fade and draw for certain conditions.

With Folk I dont know if kicking straight helps or hurts if the wind is strong. What do you think?

I honestly dont think Folk is afraid in a big spot.

I think his mechanics let him down from time to time kinda like a golfers swing.

Big dif between that and a choker like Brien.

I think that douche Brien would have missed that game winner in Indy.

I'm no kicking expert. I've had to punt on occasion, but I know very little about that either. Just seems like Folk kicks them fairly straight. I think that it generally helps because he can kick the same way not matter the distance.

Doug Brien was a choker? Who kicked the game winner in overtime against the Chargers to send them to that debacle in Pittsburgh?

I'm no kicking expert. I've had to punt on occasion, but I know very little about that either. Just seems like Folk kicks them fairly straight. I think that it generally helps because he can kick the same way not matter the distance.

Doug Brien was a choker? Who kicked the game winner in overtime against the Chargers to send them to that debacle in Pittsburgh?

YAY! Doug Brien. :D

Archived