The Worst Part

Iceman88

the worst part is that the most undeserving team in the league gets to go to the super bowl again. I'm going to vomit when i see how the media spins this victory into big bens redemption for his sexual assault stuff.

Nantz was talking about as an "incident". Let's have Rapelisberger grab his daughter in the bathroom of a dive bar and see what Jim thinks of Good Ol'Ben then. And he played like sh*t. We could've had this game even with the awful 1st half with a little smarter clock management.

so much more physical that they couldnt score a point in the second half. Shotty's an a$$, and **** miami.

at least that no score drive was Schotty's fault. You have to get the play in on time. And you don't call slant ins when it is packed so tight and your 6"1" QB is taking a 1 step drop. I knew LT wasn't getting in there on 4th and goal. They should have passed again. Dumb and disorganized. Reminded me of the Pats "Drive to Nowhere," a little bit.

at least that no score drive was Schotty's fault. You have to get the play in on time. And you don't call slant ins when it is packed so tight and your 6"1" QB is taking a 1 step drop. I knew LT wasn;t getting in there on 4th and goal. They should have passed again. Dumb and disorganized. Reminded me of the Pats "Drive to Nowhere," a little bit.

You know what im most heated about? The fact that we have something called a "no huddle offense" and we didnt go to it. 6 mins left in the 4th we should have been in the no huddle. Sanchez was burning the clock on EVERY play...and how could he not? They're playing like they have the f'ing lead.

Just disgusting. If Shotty's sh*t isnt packed by the time he gets back to Jersey im packing it for him. I dont even want is retarded a$$ in the building.

Rex im a bit upset at as well over that 4th qtr. That game was ours to have. Steelers was giving it away and the Defense kepted them scoreless in the second half. The D gave up 17 points tonight. We should have won that game.

Nantz was talking about as an "incident". Let's have Rapelisberger grab his daughter in the bathroom of a dive bar and see what Jim thinks of Good Ol'Ben then. And he played like sh*t. We could've had this game even with the awful 1st half with a little smarter clock management.

They had no passing attack. All we had to do was keep him in thepocket but he kept getting out and running for yardage or hitting a few passes. Bad defense. We made adjustments at the half that had good effect. We should have been making them in the second quarter.

You know what im most heated about? The fact that we have something called a "no huddle offense" and we didnt go to it. 6 mins left in the 4th we should have been in the no huddle. Sanchez was burning the clock on EVERY play...and how could he not? They're playing like they have the f'ing lead.

Just disgusting. If Shotty's sh*t isnt packed by the time he gets back to Jersey im packing it for him. I dont even want is retarded a$$ in the building.

Rex im a bit upset at as well over that 4th qtr. That game was ours to have. Steelers was giving it away and the Defense kepted them scoreless in the second half. The D gave up 17 points tonight. We should have won that game.

I'll tell you what I don't like, and I have posted it here before. In fact, I heard Simms say it last week on the Sunday show with Fatso. The Jets receivers never seem to get a lot of separation from their coverage. Simms said it was the design of the plays, not the receivers themselves. Our design, for all its motion and shifting, is not sophisticated when it goes downfield. BE always seems to have guys hanging off of him when he makes catches. Teams like Green Bay and NE have guys out there picking daisies waiting for completions and our guys have defensive backs' fingers up their noses. There is something wrong with that. I thought it was our talent last year. Cotch doesn't leave guys in the dust. Brad Smith is not even mediocre as a wideout. But with Keller and Edwards and Holmes? I am convinced that it is a product of the design, too. And frankly, bottom line: a top offense does not drive 17 plays and not score.

I'll tell you what I don't like, and I have posted it here before. In fact, I heard Simms say it last week on the Sunday show with Fatso. The Jets receivers never seem to get a lot of separation from their coverage. Simms said it was the design of the plays, not the receivers themselves. Our design, for all its motion and shifting, is not sophisticated when it goes downfield. BE always seems to have guys hanging off of him when he makes catches. Teams like Green Bay and NE have guys out there picking daisies waiting for completions and our guys have defensive backs' fingers up their noses. There is something wrong with that. I thought it was our talent last year. Cotch doesn't leave guys in the dust. Brad Smith is not even mediocre as a wideout. But with Keller and Edwards and Holmes? I am convinced that it is a product of the design, too. And frankly, bottom line: a top offense does not drive 17 plays and not score.

I agree 100%. When I wasnt screaming at the TV I was explaining to my wife (because she asked why havent the Jets fired shotty since she notice that im always pissed at him) that his plays are "simple" They're not going to fake out a defense. I proved it to her. More often than not I can call Pass/run and i'll be right. If I can do that from my couch then a team doing film study can disect what they're doing on offense.

He's a simpleton. He's built for highschool or college ball. But we need a O.C. that can design plays that will give the talent on the offensive side of the ball a chance. Look at Indy for example. Granted, they have the greatest qb I've ever seen but its also due to their play design, same thing with NE...sh*t, same thing with Pittsburgh. Winning teams have great plays...and its consistent and always fresh. We run the same okie doke plays and the sh*t is wack.

Dude leys be real... They were more physical

We were getting blown up in the first half. What was really impressive to me was how the Jets blew that off in the second half and actually became more physical than the steelers. I was so impressed with Sanchez and the defense's resolve to not quit. So many other teams would have quit in that situation.

I agree 100%. When I wasnt screaming at the TV I was explaining to my wife (because she asked why havent the Jets fired shotty since she notice that im always pissed at him) that his plays are "simple" They're not going to fake out a defense. I proved it to her. More often than not I can call Pass/run and i'll be right. If I can do that from my couch then a team doing film study can disect what they're doing on offense.

He's a simpleton. He's built for highschool or college ball. But we need a O.C. that can design plays that will give the talent on the offensive side of the ball a chance. Look at Indy for example. Granted, they have the greatest qb I've ever seen but its also due to their play design, same thing with NE...sh*t, same thing with Pittsburgh. Winning teams have great plays...and its consistent and always fresh. We run the same okie doke plays and the sh*t is wack.

Three drives in the second half and by rights all should have been TDs. That would have negated the safety and the game would have been tied. An unheard of comeback. A chance at victory. This offense just does not have the polish it should have. I was very impressed with Sanchez this post season, and particularly tonight. I was worried about how he might handle 0 degrees but he was impressive. Too bad his immediate boss is a dolt, just like his old man.

Yeah.....Nantz to Ben.."how does this feel, with all you have been through this year?" All YOU have been through? Really Jim? How about what the ladies that his agents cornered in the bathrooms have been through? It was sickening.

We donated this game to them. The better team did not win.

Correct.

This current incarnation of the Jets is about to get gutted by free agency.

We're going to need those draft picks that we always trade away.

I'm hoping playing for Rex keeps some of those folks around, but I just fear that we might have peaked out at the begging and missed our shots. Its not easy to sustain that type of playoff success. You just never know how many more shots you are going to get.

Sucks. Hurts more this morning than it did last night.

Yeah.....Nantz to Ben.."how does this feel, with all you have been through this year?" All YOU have been through? Really Jim? How about what the ladies that his agents cornered in the bathrooms have been through? It was sickening.

What, exactly, did Ben Roethlisberger go through? The NFL punished him for being the complete and utter lowlife idiot that he is? Poor baby. I swear the Roethlisberger rod polishing we're gonna hear for two weeks now is going to be the worst thing about losing this game.

Wonder how Nantz would feel if the girl involved was his college age daughter. Makes it sound like space aliens had kidnapped him, or he had lost his family in a car accident. What a freaking joke.

Speaking of Mr. Masters Nantz, biggest unintentional comedy of the day was the Masters promo with Mac Daddy Tiger Woods telling us to watch. Did they interrupt an orgy to film this? A threesome? Was Eldrick wearing pants?

Didnt Sanchez say this year that he is MOST comfortable in the 2 minute offense. Watching the Jets huddle up with 6 minutes to go in the game trailing was one of the most frustrating things ive ever witnessed.

Didnt Sanchez say this year that he is MOST comfortable in the 2 minute offense. Watching the Jets huddle up with 6 minutes to go in the game trailing was one of the most frustrating things ive ever witnessed.

Yea he did say that, which makes sense with a naturally gifted QB because its all "instincts" given the quickness. Dude, you dont know how I was SCREAMING at my tv like some type of mental case BEGGING for them to begin the no huddle offense. during that very moment when I realized that not one coach/coordinator realized that we were shooting ourselves in the foot that we didnt deserve nor were we going to the superbowl because they players dug a 24 point hole, and the coaches couldnt manage the clock to get us out of it when the players finally responded.

That would have get the greatest playoff comeback in history, and we would have done it if we were to #1 ran on 2nd and 3rd down instead of being stopped on the 1 yard line and #2 started running the no-huddle during the 7 min mark. that would have not only saved us time but also timeouts.

You're correct, and it's quite simple really.

When 90% of your passing game attacks the 1st and 2nd level, meaning most of those plays attack an area of the field that doesn't exceed 15 yards from the line of scrimmage (underneath the safeties), opposing DB's can shrink the field and play closer to the receivers, because they don't have to be as concerned with getting beat deep that often during the game. They play the percentages.

Much of the reason our WR's DON'T get separation is that they're not given enough opportinuties during the course of the games TO get separation.

Archived