Can't beat the Ref's - NFL you've got the last dollar from Me

Big_Slick

BS call on Smith for the hit on a the defenseless receiver, 7 points given to the Steelers.

Sanchez slides and is on the ground and is hit in the helmet - no call?

Helmet to helmet hit on Green - no call?

Shotty calls a terrible game - Ryan wins the coin toss and kicks off?

That's it for me - after forty some odd years I give up - The NFL can kiss am a@@, I'm not giving them another cent.

Cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket - hell - cancel Direct TV.

I'm outta here!

BS call on Smith for the hit on a the defenseless receiver, 7 points given to the Steelers.

Sanchez slides and is on the ground and is hit in the helmet - no call?

Helmet to helmet hit on Green - no call?

Shotty calls a terrible game - Ryan wins the coin toss and kicks off?

That's it for me - after forty some odd years I give up - The NFL can kiss am a@@, I'm not giving them another cent.

Cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket - hell - cancel Direct TV.

I'm outta here!

You got it right big slick.

FIXFIXFIXFIXFIXFIXFIXFIXFIX

Pay back to Rex for his big yap among other things.

dlete this thread. its pathetic. we lost that game because the team didn't even show up for the entire first half.

there WERE some bullsh*t calls in this game

remember the "hitting a defenseless reciever" call? my buddy (casual fan) next to me was like "why did they call a penalty, it's FOOTBALL - he's supposed to hit him"

my interest in the NFL has peaked...granted I'll still follow it but this league is turning into a joke.

Goodell sucks.

Well, I'll agree that was a crap call on Eric Smith but they lost the game because Pitt's Oline and Mendenhall punched them in the mouth in the first half and Roethlisburger is a beast to bring down.

Yeah, forget on the holding they DIDN'T call on the STEALERS (not STEELERS)

there WERE some bullsh*t calls in this game

remember the "hitting a defenseless reciever" call? my buddy (casual fan) next to me was like "why did they call a penalty, it's FOOTBALL - he's supposed to hit him"

my interest in the NFL has peaked...granted I'll still follow it but this league is turning into a joke.

Goodell sucks.

yeah maybe. but the jets lost cause they sucked hairy cock in the first half.

There were bullsh*t calls, but we lost because we couldn't get out of own way. Stupid play calling on offense on the second half drive where we come away with zero points helped to cost us that game. Not being able to move the ball for the first 28 minutes helped to cost us that game. There is no excuse for us losing that game other than coaching.

dlete this thread. its pathetic. we lost that game because the team didn't even show up for the entire first half.

Good post.

The Sanchez no late hit call was a guy patting him on the back; not sure where the complaint is there.

And lol at asking for a helmet to helmet call on the runner. You can't get flagged for hitting a ball carrier in the head. Learn the rules before you quit. (To the op)

Good post.

The Sanchez no late hit call was a guy patting him on the back; not sure where the complaint is there.

And lol at asking for a helmet to helmet call on the runner. You can't get flagged for hitting a ball carrier in the head. Learn the rules before you quit. (To the op)

Go to your own ******* website douchebag

I will say that the play calling on the drive that resulted in the 4th and 1 goal line stuff was some of the worst play calling I've seen from any team at any level all year.

The first down play to Green with a short backfield and quick dive was a good call as it got you to the 1. From there, the play action, rollout and LT up the gut was an absolutely dreadful sequence. No disguise, no decpetion, no smash concept, nothing that had any chance of succeeding in that position. Not sure that I would say it cost the Jets the game because it ultimately led to nine points, but it says a lot about the play caller moving forward.

Go to your own ******* website douchebag

So I can watch the owner lie to my face about pursuing and whiffing on a big time coach and then taking back a lame duck coach who has only regressed with game management, has no X's and O's intelect, and throws out his shoulder fist pumping every time we kick a successful field goal?

I'm never going to stop being a Dolphins fan, but that relationship needs a little time off right now. I haven't been less optimistic about the Dolphins in a long time, and that includes the 1-15 season.

So I can watch the owner lie to my face about pursuing and whiffing on a big time coach and then taking back a lame duck coach who has only regressed with game management, has no X's and O's intelect, and throws out his shoulder fist pumping every time we kick a successful field goal?

I'm never going to stop being a Dolphins fan, but that relationship needs a little time off right now. I haven't been less optimistic about the Dolphins in a long time, and that includes the 1-15 season.

F-CK OFF BACK TO THEPHINS.COM! NOONE OVER HERE GIVES A FLYING BLUE F-CK ABOUT YOUR INEPT FRANCHISE AND ITS PROBLEMS. PLEASE GO AWAY!!!

I will say that the play calling on the drive that resulted in the 4th and 1 goal line stuff was some of the worst play calling I've seen from any team at any level all year.

The first down play to Green with a short backfield and quick dive was a good call as it got you to the 1. From there, the play action, rollout and LT up the gut was an absolutely dreadful sequence. No disguise, no decpetion, no smash concept, nothing that had any chance of succeeding in that position. Not sure that I would say it cost the Jets the game because it ultimately led to nine points, but it says a lot about the play caller moving forward.

well, our pos te had it hit his hands on second down. So it wasn't terrible. The third and fourth down calls were god awful though

well, our pos te had it hit his hands on second down. So it wasn't terrible. The third and fourth down calls were god awful though

I just think the whole sequence was ****ed. You set yourself up on 1st down beautifully and then show the Steelers that you're not going to challenge them up front and get the quarterback on roll action taking away one side of the field. Second and third down were almost throw away plays then to go up the gut finally on 4th down was just pure ineptitude.

I just think the whole sequence was ****ed. You set yourself up on 1st down beautifully and then show the Steelers that you're not going to challenge them up front and get the quarterback on roll action taking away one side of the field. Second and third down were almost throw away plays then to go up the gut finally on 4th down was just pure ineptitude.

Not going to agree on second down, it's a good spot to pass, the play was there.. te just dropped it (qb was a bit low with the throw)... thrid and fourth should've been greene up the gut. The quick slant on third down was infuriating.. really, it was enough to cost schotty his job imo..

Not going to agree on second down, it's a good spot to pass, the play was there.. te just dropped it (qb was a bit low with the throw)... thrid and fourth should've been greene up the gut. The quick slant on third down was infuriating.. really, it was enough to cost schotty his job imo..

I agree with that second part. I just think that when you have goal to go situations and downs to work with like that, you really have to set the next play up. I know you'd like every play to work, but he did everything a$$ backwards. Like I said, I have no problem with the 1st down play because it got you closer, but it should have set up a sequence which it didn't. First down is always the best down to play action in that spot because the defense almost always sells out to stop the run.

If I were Schotty, I would've spreaded it out and ran a draw on 2nd down. Give them a look that you won't show again and keep it safe with the draw. That doesn't work, then I tight on third and run the play action with the strong side tight end running to the post and the weakside running a clear out flare pattern. You've gone deception on two plays and then on 4th down I stop trying to be cute and go mono-y-mono and try to pound it in.

He gave the Steelers nearly identical looks on three straight plays. Again, just an awful sequence.

I agree with that second part. I just think that when you have goal to go situations and downs to work with like that, you really have to set the next play up. I know you'd like every play to work, but he did everything a$$ backwards. Like I said, I have no problem with the 1st down play because it got you closer, but it should have set up a sequence which it didn't. First down is always the best down to play action in that spot because the defense almost always sells out to stop the run.

If I were Schotty, I would've spreaded it out and ran a draw on 2nd down. Give them a look that you won't show again and keep it safe with the draw. That doesn't work, then I tight on third and run the play action with the strong side tight end running to the post and the weakside running a clear out flare pattern. You've gone deception on two plays and then on 4th down I stop trying to be cute and go mono-y-mono and try to pound it in.

He gave the Steelers nearly identical looks on three straight plays. Again, just an awful sequence.

i hear you, i just have a hard time knocking a play call that resulted in an open receiver who got two hands on the pass.. had to make that play, but keller blows

The problem wasnt so much the playcall as it was the fact that it took 30 seconds to get in. Those type of plays are near impossible to run effectively when you are rushing to snap the ball to avoid a delay. Still I think they should have just run three times, though you can accept one pass. The 3rd down call was insane and then the decision to go LT was even more crazy on 4th. My issue with the pass at all is that the run was working so well there and you needed nothing to get into the end zone. They could have gone with the dive play. They could have just tired to power it in over Moore. The Steelers made the same mistake when they settled for the same field goal and let Ben throw rather than ramming it down the Jets throat. Had the Jets won the game Tomlin would have been killed for that decision.

The problem wasnt so much the playcall as it was the fact that it took 30 seconds to get in. Those type of plays are near impossible to run effectively when you are rushing to snap the ball to avoid a delay. Still I think they should have just run three times, though you can accept one pass. The 3rd down call was insane and then the decision to go LT was even more crazy on 4th. My issue with the pass at all is that the run was working so well there and you needed nothing to get into the end zone. They could have gone with the dive play. They could have just tired to power it in over Moore. The Steelers made the same mistake when they settled for the same field goal and let Ben throw rather than ramming it down the Jets throat. Had the Jets won the game Tomlin would have been killed for that decision.

Good point, totally forgot about the confusion there. It was almost like the headsets went out. That being said, ball was in Kellers hands, he has to catch it.

Agreed about the Steelers too. I think these coaches, when facing stout run defenses like both of us have, try and get too cute sometimes. How many times in similiar spots have we seen a team go into the line 4 times and end up with nothing. I can remember people howling about it in 2008 with Mangini, forget what game, but remember it happenning..

Good point, totally forgot about the confusion there. It was almost like the headsets went out. That being said, ball was in Kellers hands, he has to catch it.

Agreed about the Steelers too. I think these coaches, when facing stout run defenses like both of us have, try and get too cute sometimes. How many times in similiar spots have we seen a team go into the line 4 times and end up with nothing. I can remember people howling about it in 2008 with Mangini, forget what game, but remember it happenning..

The Pats...4 straight run...everyone was bitching thats why you brought Farve in.

You know as well as I do, if we run 4 straight times and dont get in the conversation is about why we are running 4 straight times against a historic run defense.

The Pats...4 straight run...everyone was bitching thats why you brought Farve in.

You know as well as I do, if we run 4 straight times and dont get in the conversation is about why we are running 4 straight times against a historic run defense.

Good memory. And exactly right, results based analysis.. It's why every team's fans that doesn't have an elite offense bitches about thier OC incessantly. And at the end of the day, it's always more about the players. Look at all the hotshot OC's that went elsewhere and fell on thier face cause they didn't bring thier QB with them... Billick, Linehan, Martz, Cameron.. etc..

Archived