What is your Favorite Album of All-Time?

Warfish

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You come off as a very intelligent fella who is aloof and likes to abuse people with your intelligence. After listening to a clip from that album I got the over whelming urge to be belligerent to children. Plus the picture of the sickly kidney and ureter on the cover made me dislike mankind just a little bit more.

This is slightly off but hysterical nonetheless. The belligerent to children line goes straight into your HoF.

Top 5 is way easier than top 1

I thought that was the whole point. It's easier to give five on reflex but for just one you actually have to think about it. This was the first time I put One Beat ahead of Nevermind and it's been out for like nine years.

I thought that was the whole point. It's easier to give five on reflex but for just one you actually have to think about it. This was the first time I put One Beat ahead of Nevermind and it's been out for like nine years.

I know. If you limit it to one, I'm completely useless at this game. Ditto movies and food. Maybe not books, but I'd have to think really hard about that.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/fedderedder/rolling_stones_100_greatest_album_covers

Interesting we are talking Albums, not CDs, tapes, MP3's ITunes. The Album cover itself is important. This link is the 100 best album covers. In particular in High School only folding album covers would do, best for help in rolling a J and getting sticks and sees out of a cheap nickle bag. In voting keep the album cover itself in mind.

hrmm.. i hate the stones, that's actually a decent album, but don't think i could listen to jaggar and richards 4ever..

Agree. Stones are the most overrated band in the history of the universe. Exile is one of their better works, though. Don't think they did anything worth a sh!t after it.

I know. If you limit it to one, I'm completely useless at this game. Ditto movies and food. Maybe not books, but I'd have to think really hard about that.

Dunno. Chinatown is easy. Probably couldn't do less than eight books.

Liquid Swords.

Greatest ever. Still rock it at least once per month. I can listen to Cold World on repeat for hours. And Swordsman might be the best play on words I've ever heard. Still remember hearing "Purified gasses and masses/the same elements that helped spark civilization classes" for the first time and having to rewind that verse over and over.

Hustler is great but I'm not even sure it's my favorite Rossen. Or Newman. Or Scott.

I can see the argument for Cool Hand Luke or The Sting, even Somebody Up There..., but for me it's the combo of the cast and the performances. Gleason is incredible in it and it's a fantastically paced script. "Shoot pool Fast Eddie..." is my favorite scene ever.

I can see the argument for Cool Hand Luke or The Sting, even Somebody Up There..., but for me it's the combo of the cast and the performances. Gleason is incredible in it and it's a fantastically paced script. "Shoot pool Fast Eddie..." is my favorite scene ever.

The second act just ******* crawls. Sting is in my top ten. Body and Soul probably isn't as good but would have been if they hadn't ****ed up the ending.

Agree. Stones are the most overrated band in the history of the universe. Exile is one of their better works, though. Don't think they did anything worth a sh!t after it.

Sadly somewhat true as with mega riches they moved to different parts of the world. They were at their best when Richards-Jagger lived a few houses down from each other and could write together at a moments notice. After 1974ish it all became about mastering the art of the monster $$$$$ tour which they proceeded to do better than anyone. They also gave fans a great live show right up there with the experience of a Springsteen concert.

Albums and song writing became simply something that was "required" due to enormous record company deals. Occassionaly they'd drop another great album like Some Girls in 1978 but the brilliance of 64-74 was pretty much never duplicated. Their live shows until they got too old remained top notch however.

I'm a nerd. Can't help myself with "lists"

1) Radiohead- OK Computer

2) Beatles- Abbey Road

3) Led Zeppelin III

4) Primus - Tales from the Punchbowl

5) Blind Melon- Soup

6) Cake- Prolonging the Magic

7) Pink Floyd- Dark of the Moon

8) Jane's Addiction- Nothing Shocking

9) Muse- Absolution

10)Iron & Wine- The Shepherd's Dog

Nice, a fellow Allman Brothers fan! I went with an evening with more because of the total content vs overall quality. Fllmore East was an A+, but only 7 songs. An Evening with was an A-, but far more content. I mean, we're gonna spend the rest of our life with one album I gotta have a little variety at the expense of quality.

I hear you Booze ... but I had to go with The Fillmore because it had Duane and Berry. I looked up "Evening With" to see who played on it (it was Dickie/Warren Haynes/Allen Woody - 1991/92) in so doing, discovered there was an "Evening With 2" that featured a rare appearance by Jack Pearson on 2nd lead. Thats when I saw reference to the piece de resistance - my new favorite album. If I can do only one.

At Fillmore East Deluxe Edition

Disc one

"Statesboro Blues" (McTell) – 4:17

"Trouble No More" (Morganfield) – 3:43

"Don't Keep Me Wonderin'" (G. Allman) – 3:27

"Done Somebody Wrong" (Lewis, Robinson, James) – 4:33

"Stormy Monday" (Walker) – 8:48

"One Way Out" (Sehorn, Williamson, James) – 4:56

"In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" (Betts) – 13:04

"You Don't Love Me" (Cobbs) – 19:24

"Midnight Rider" (G. Allman) – 2:55

Disc two

"Hot 'Lanta" (D. Allman, G. Allman, Betts, Oakley, Johanson, Trucks) – 5:20

"Whipping Post" (G. Allman) – 22:53

"Mountain Jam" (Leitch, D. Allman, G.Allman, Betts, Oakley, Johanson, Trucks) – 33:41

"Drunken Hearted Boy" (Bishop) – 6:54

Truly Bitchin

My band is doing Whipping Post - finally after a ton of attempts. I'll post something up after I get some good A/V of it.

Sadly somewhat true as with mega riches they moved to different parts of the world. They were at their best when Richards-Jagger lived a few houses down from each other and could write together at a moments notice. After 1974ish it all became about mastering the art of the monster $$$$$ tour which they proceeded to do better than anyone. They also gave fans a great live show right up there with the experience of a Springsteen concert.

Albums and song writing became simply something that was "required" due to enormous record company deals. Occassionaly they'd drop another great album like Some Girls in 1978 but the brilliance of 64-74 was pretty much never duplicated. Their live shows until they got too old remained top notch however.

Some Girls is my favorite Stones album. It probably has as much to do with my age as the album though.

As far as overrated, my nod goes to Clapton. I'll take Beck and Page over him any day.

I missed that part...if thats the case...I probably take off my Bad Brains choice. As much as I love that album, its too short to listen to for ever. I'd probably replace that with Social Distortions self titled album.

RCHP - Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique

Pink Floyd - Animals

Love Paul's Boutique...probably my favorite pure HipHop album (that or Midnight Marauders - Tribe Called Quest)...but the versatility of Check your Head beats it out for me...especially if you only have one album. HipHop, Rap, Alternative, Punk, HardCore, Jazzy instrumentals...you get it all.

Archived