ESPN repotrts the NY Mets earned over 300 million in Bernie Madolf scheme

Blackout

Love to know how the Coupons think anyone would invest $300 million with them for zero control. They ditched Nelson Doubleday, who forced them to take on Mike Piazza's salary. They managed to get out of 2 Ponzi schemes right beofre they made money. And they pretend to be victims of Madoff. Whether they're scumbags who ripped off friends OR idiots who thought Madoff was a genius, why would anyone trust them?And since DOubleday left they've run the team into the griund. Plus if you have no say over the running of the team, if they lose money, you're on the hook for losses. And they refuse to sell their profitable stake in SNY.Thanks for the $300 million, have some chicken fingers and don't say anything. NOBODY is taking that deal.

Most pathetic thing I've ever seen is Lupica claiming they were victims in blind hatred of the Steinbrenners. Well tough luck(but it's a lie), but sell the team already. It's going to happen sooner rather than later. Enough bullsheet. Every day they hold onto the team like cold icy death it will lsoe value.

• 1 month later...

Love to know how the Coupons think anyone would invest $300 million with them for zero control. They ditched Nelson Doubleday, who forced them to take on Mike Piazza's salary. They managed to get out of 2 Ponzi schemes right beofre they made money. And they pretend to be victims of Madoff. Whether they're scumbags who ripped off friends OR idiots who thought Madoff was a genius, why would anyone trust them?And since DOubleday left they've run the team into the griund. Plus if you have no say over the running of the team, if they lose money, you're on the hook for losses. And they refuse to sell their profitable stake in SNY.Thanks for the $300 million, have some chicken fingers and don't say anything. NOBODY is taking that deal.

Most pathetic thing I've ever seen is Lupica claiming they were victims in blind hatred of the Steinbrenners. Well tough luck(but it's a lie), but sell the team already. It's going to happen sooner rather than later. Enough bullsheet. Every day they hold onto the team like cold icy death it will lsoe value.

unlike Scott Dicking, this is a Mets fan who knows what he's talking about

unlike Scott Dicking, this is a Mets fan who knows what he's talking about

Do you ever know anything you are talking about?

1. Bugg is not a Met fan

2. When have I ever commented on the Mets trying to to get a non-controlling partner?

Do you even know what you are commenting on? It sure does not appear so.

I'm a Yankee fan. But I don't hate the the mets. People I know and love root for the Mets. And the babseball season is better when both clubs are competitive. The Wilpon Mets do not care about winning. The end game is the Wilpons will have to sell. No on one is buying a noncontrolling half share, and that's even less likely if the Wilpons won't sell part of SNY. This drama has to end. MLB has cut them off. It's become clear they only care about hanging onto the franchise and winning doesn't matter to these scumbags.

I'm a Yankee fan. But I don't hate the the mets. People I know and love root for the Mets. And the babseball season is better when both clubs are competitive. The Wilpon Mets do not care about winning. The end game is the Wilpons will have to sell. No on one is buying a noncontrolling half share, and that's even less likely if the Wilpons won't sell part of SNY. This drama has to end. MLB has cut them off. It's become clear they only care about hanging onto the franchise and winning doesn't matter to these scumbags.

I would be in favor of all that.

BTW though, you do have a grudge against the Wilpons ;)

I would be in favor of all that.

BTW though, you do have a grudge against the Wilpons ;)

They are lying thieving scumbags. Which might be enviable if it was gearred to winning abseball games instead of lining their pockets.

HAHA the only thing SD and I agree on is that blackout is a pathetic bandwagoner. He's actually a Yankees/Mets/Red Sox fan pending the standings on July 4th.

lmao sure thing little guy

Fatmike at it again...keep 'em coming.

They are lying thieving scumbags. Which might be enviable if it was geared to winning baseball games instead of lining their pockets.

You never answered SD's question. Outside of the fact that they are " lying thieving scumbags " do you have a grudge against them ? :D

They are lying thieving scumbags. Which might be enviable if it was gearred to winning abseball games instead of lining their pockets.

Mets fan here. Agreed 1000%. I'll forever be grateful to Fred for building what is far and away the most beautiful sports venue in NY, but I can't wait until Mark Cuban buys the team and paints over all that irrelevant Jackie Robinson bullsh*t in the foyer.

Archived