Patriots owner: Tom Brady threw 'lazy interception' in loss to Jets

F.Chowds

DALLAS -- Myra Kraft, the wife of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, awoke to about six inches of snow in Texas on Friday -- that coated a layer of ice from a storm three days earlier -- and wondered to her husband why New England couldn't host a Super Bowl too.

The next two Super Bowls have been slated already. Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled for Indianapolis with the next set for New York-New Jersey in the first outdoor Super Bowl in a cold-weather city.

"Maybe New England should get on the list,'' Kraft said, a gleam in his eye.

Kraft also hit on some Patriots-related topics after commissioner Roger Goodell's annual address, after which Kraft said it would be "criminal" if officials allow the NFL to enter a work stoppage.

-- Kraft gently criticized likely league MVP quarterback Tom Brady's interception thrown to New York Jets linebacker David Harris in New England's 28-21 divisional-round elimination. "Tommy was unbelievable,'' Kraft said. "He had seven, eight, 10 (actually, 11) games without an interception and then threw that lazy interception.''

Brady threw just four interceptions all season with 36 touchdowns.

"Think about our turnover differential,'' Kraft said. "That game we just didn't have it. It's unfortunate. They out-played us. They earned it. It's just very sad.'' :)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/patriots-owner-tom-brady-threw-lazy-interception-in-loss-to-jets/1

DALLAS -- Myra Kraft, the wife of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, awoke to about six inches of snow in Texas on Friday -- that coated a layer of ice from a storm three days earlier -- and wondered to her husband why New England couldn't host a Super Bowl too.

The next two Super Bowls have been slated already. Super Bowl XLVI is scheduled for Indianapolis with the next set for New York-New Jersey in the first outdoor Super Bowl in a cold-weather city.

"Maybe New England should get on the list,'' Kraft said, a gleam in his eye.

Kraft also hit on some Patriots-related topics after commissioner Roger Goodell's annual address, after which Kraft said it would be "criminal" if officials allow the NFL to enter a work stoppage.

-- Kraft gently criticized likely league MVP quarterback Tom Brady's interception thrown to New York Jets linebacker David Harris in New England's 28-21 divisional-round elimination. "Tommy was unbelievable,'' Kraft said. "He had seven, eight, 10 (actually, 11) games without an interception and then threw that lazy interception.''

Brady threw just four interceptions all season with 36 touchdowns.

"Think about our turnover differential,'' Kraft said. "That game we just didn't have it. It's unfortunate. They out-played us. They earned it. It's just very sad.'' :)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/patriots-owner-tom-brady-threw-lazy-interception-in-loss-to-jets/1

Lazy? Sure.

Unlike most points in that game, he was not really under pressure.

Bad pass none the less.

This is a really stupid statement by Kraft. The Jets didnt even score after that interception so it had no impact on the game AT ALL. If anything the Pats stoping us could have swung momentum in their favor but it dod not. The Jets were just too over powering for the Pats in this game and thats what kraft should be pointing at . His team played soft and over confident and we kicked their asses. We displayed the same over confidence vs the Steelers in the first half which cost us a SB berth.

This is a really stupid statement by Kraft. The Jets didnt even score after that interception so it had no impact on the game AT ALL. If anything the Pats stoping us could have swung momentum in their favor but it dod not. The Jets were just too over powering for the Pats in this game and thats what kraft should be pointing at . His team played soft and over confident and we kicked their asses. We displayed the same over confidence vs the Steelers in the first half which cost us a SB berth.

I think that interception, while not directly leading to points for us, was a huge part in the game. It not only kept them off the board, but kind of punched them in the mouth stopping them from scoring and showing that they can't run through us like the last game. The defense, without scoring, still was able to feel good about themselves not allowing them to get in the endzone. If they had scored there, I think that would have dramatically altered the landscape of the game. But regardless, still kind of silly for Kraft to mention it like that.

I think that interception, while directly leading to points for us, was a huge part in the game. It not only kept them off the board, but kind of punched them in the mouth stopping them from scoring and showing that they can't run through us like the last game. The defense, without scoring, still was able to feel good about themselves not allowing them to get in the endzone. If they had scored there, I think that would have dramatically altered the landscape of the game. But regardless, still kind of silly for Kraft to mention it like that.

You're absolutely right, but I am going to burn this one to the ground while torturing Pats trolls on this board.

"Even Bob Kraft thinks Brady is overrated!"

I look forward to the ruffling of feathers and bunching of panties that shall ensue.

The irony of this statement. :rolleyes:

I came here on the AFC Championship and a lot of the posters were butt hurt I sent a few shots at the Jets.

I came here on the AFC Championship and a lot of the posters were butt hurt I sent a few shots at the Jets.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait. Wait. Wait..........Jets fans? Getting pissed when a Pats fan talks junk after a Jets playoff loss? On a Jets message board? F***ing shocking, I tell ya.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait. Wait. Wait..........Jets fans? Getting pissed when a Pats fan talks junk after a Jets playoff loss? On a Jets message board? F***ing shocking, I tell ya.

I know who would have thunk that false NY bravado covers a thin skinned interior.

Ehh some people run a bit hot, but you'd have to agree that this is a very lenient board as far as allowing opposing teams' fans to talk trash etc. I don't like to get into "fights" on the internet so when I'm more pissed I tend to avoid certain threads, works pretty well.

You're absolutely right, but I am going to burn this one to the ground while torturing Pats trolls on this board.

"Even Bob Kraft thinks Brady is overrated!"

Saying Brady is overrated is silly Klecko. You dont win 3 SB's and throw 36 Tds and 4 Ints last season and get an over rated label. The problem for the Pats in that game was coaching. We gave them the run and they didnt take what we gave them and it cost them in the end. Not so sure they would have won the game if they ran the ball but it would have been better for them than trying to throw aganist 7 and 8 man packages in the secondary. Brady had no where to go with the football and to be brutally honest if that was any other QB we would probably have had a few more INT's in the same situation.

Dont get me wrong I hate Brady's friggin guts after his comments the last few years, but when his career is over it will be Him and Joe Montana at the top of the all time QB class.

Saying Brady is overrated is silly Klecko. You dont win 3 SB's and throw 36 Tds and 4 Ints last season and get an over rated label. The problem for the Pats in that game was coaching. We gave them the run and they didnt take what we gave them and it cost them in the end. Not so sure they would have won the game if they ran the ball but it would have been better for them than trying to throw aganist 7 and 8 man packages in the secondary. Brady had no where to go with the football and to be brutally honest if that was any other QB we would probably have had a few more INT's in the same situation.

Dont get me wrong I hate Brady's friggin guts after his comments the last few years, but when his career is over it will be Him and Joe Montana at the top of the all time QB class.

Meh, Kraft himself said it.

Brady's too lazy to take what the defense gives him. :P

I am the anti-troll troll. If I am pissing off Pats trolls I am doing my job.

Get with the program poindexter.

no crap, in fact, i think i called you that first..

my point is that when you make ridiculous arguements forcefully, you only serve to reinforce the stereotype of jets fans as stupid and boorish

no crap, in fact, i think i called you that first..

my point is that when you make ridiculous arguements forcefully, you only serve to reinforce the stereotype of jets fans as stupid and boorish

No, Jets fans arguing against Curtis Martin getting into the Hall of Fame take care of that.

I am just trying to piss off cartoonish assheads. You gotta get down and dirty sometimes.

I am the anti-troll troll. If I am pissing off Pats trolls I am doing my job.

Get with the program poindexter.

3 SB's won by a total of 9 points, all won by a HOF kicker and during Camera scam

Brady is overrated and when all is said and done he will finish behind Montana Manning and Rodgers when all is said and done.

4 Ints this year was a joke as well as at least 10 Ints were dropped, easy ones to boot

3 SB's won by a total of 9 points, all won by a HOF kicker and during Camera scam

Brady is overrated and when all is said and done he will finish behind Montana Manning and Rodgers when all is said and done.

4 Ints this year was a joke as well as at least 10 Ints were dropped, easy ones to boot

I don't think he's overrated, just lazy.

Archived