Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

Here is the conspiracy theorist in me:

I28 is scum, now what we SHOULD expect is 2 deaths on N1 (I28 + scum)... however, if we only see one, and its 1 of 3 of I28's targets, we chalk it up to it being I28 and scum targeting JC and getting blocked, or another fail. When really what it would be is scum (i28 included) simply NKing one of I28s targets, which confirms him to town. The only reason I think this is possible is because I think its weird that I28 only gets a kill on N1, and the claim fit perfectly after a cop reveal. Also fits in well with the bulletproof is some rooms, which like CTM said I don't believe should have been claimed so early, and bulletproof is always a great scum claim.

All conspiracys, likely untrue, but a thought that just crossed my mind.

Anyways, Unvote I28

Vote Jif

You should actually take the time to read my reveal post... then the ones after it where I explained how my role works... then you would understand that this conspiracy starts out on a "Brett didn't read" note.

I said I have to submit my night kill target before the end of N1. The kill takes place on a random night.

Not reading is also a scum tell... :rolleyes:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was waiting until day 2 and beyond to name people I thought who were suspicious. I don't blame you, i've been playing differently this game and part of it is to change up my gameplay. There's been enough meat on the game so far for me to say what I actually think.

People near the top of my list for scum: Song, Slats, and CTM

Getting scummy vibes/leaning scum: Crusher(smc)

People who I'm leaning town: I28, Vicious, Doggin.

People who i strongly believe are town: Jetsfan80

Not sure: Jetscode. Depends on if there is ever a counterclaim.

People I have absolutely no read for due to lack of volume: AVM, Sharrow, Barm

The rest are more less neutral reads for me now.

Interesting that you have no (or a neutral) read on your girlfriend, especially after I28 listed her as pretty much his #1 suspect.

Well, we are at deadline day and apparently everyone wants to let a guy on day 3 of in-activeness live. Cool. I'll have to put out what I think is the best I have since I'm sure I'll either be attracting attention from the town or from I28. At this stage I believe JVoR is the most sure thing I have for scum. He's played insanely even keel, and hasn't broken out into his more "over-thinking" sort of tendencies when town. JVoR is a guy that loooooves playing the scenarios. It's what makes him a really great player. When he doesn't attack those sort of things it means to me that he's just trying to keep the flow of things normal, and away from him.

His vote on you was the lock for me. What you said was scummy, sure. But in all honesty I don't comprehend how people don't see your point of view. Especially someone who plays out scenarios as well as JVoR. Seems to me he wanted to try and attack what could be seen as a horribly scummy thing and try and latch onto it and drive it home.

Additionally, JVoR did something that I was alluding to before when you said "Don't understand." When I'm scum, I know I have gone ahead and named my "town reads" to everyone. Makes you friends, makes people like you. This was the post I'm referring to:

Just seems like he's trying to be friends with everyone, name his innocents to gain their trust, and sunk his teeth in to you the second you showed a possible weakness.

Unvote

Vote: JVOR

you mean day 2?

what exactly is interesting about that? I listed my reads on players. Dan hasn't really posted much am i supposed to make a big hoopla because i28 finds her scummy?

It's interesting is all. She's posted enough for me to start to form an opinion (hope that doesn't result in my NK tonight, like it usually does).

My read on the town is a little different than yours, especially the part about me being at the top of the scum list. smile.gif

Your immediate vote on CTM based on looking for a counter-claim doesn't sit well with me, because I didn't see it as so black & white at all - until Lily left the question of potential scum conversions open.

Do you think the cop should investigate I28 tonight?

It's interesting is all. She's posted enough for me to start to form an opinion (hope that doesn't result in my NK tonight, like it usually does).

My read on the town is a little different than yours, especially the part about me being at the top of the scum list. smile.gif

Your immediate vote on CTM based on looking for a counter-claim doesn't sit well with me, because I didn't see it as so black & white at all - until Lily left the question of potential scum conversions open.

Do you think the cop should investigate I28 tonight?

it's up to the cop. I have no idea what powers mafia has so making it predictable is a bad idea. That being said, i28 is not someone i'd necessarily use it on right away.

Must have totally missed a page or something. Totally missed this being confirmed.

Just ****ed and missed a page during catch up time I'm guessing...there's been a lot of filler and when you walk away for a second to have to catch up...its time consuming. I must have missed a page.

Pretty stupid for me to admit to this if I'm scum. Scum would try to cover up. I'm not even attempting to. I clearly missed a page or 2. Who knows. Really dont remember being confirmed.

I somewhat believe this role. I dont believe you are bullet proof and I'm not positive this would be town aligned in a game this big.

I say we mass reveal.

Don't like the call for a mass reveal at all, and missing confirmation of what happened to SMC in the kitchen is concerning, too. I get that.

Not sure if it's as concerning to me as the speed of the mob on JiF, though.

If JiF is scum, he's played a very sloppy game. From the inexplicable emo meltdown with JVoR earlier, to these last couple posts... I don't know. I just think he's a better player than that. And he almost always tests out a new brand of crazy to start these games. He's said repeatedly how much he hates D1's.

So far, this D1 is really going scum's way.

If JiF is scum, he's played a very sloppy game. From the inexplicable emo meltdown with JVoR earlier, to these last couple posts... I don't know. I just think he's a better player than that. And he almost always tests out a new brand of crazy to start these games. He's said repeatedly how much he hates D1's.

That's a great point. Like I said, I don't know how JiF plays usually, but he seems like he's smarter than what we've seen of late. Does he always act so weird?

Don't like the call for a mass reveal at all, and missing confirmation of what happened to SMC in the kitchen is concerning, too. I get that.

Not sure if it's as concerning to me as the speed of the mob on JiF, though.

So far, this D1 is really going scum's way.

Yeah crazy we have fast moving trains with like a full week of info and a deadline tonight. :rolleyes:

Is this the part where JiF reveals that he's the doc and we go around in circles again?

If JiF role reveals I guarantee that at least two of I28, JetsCode, and JiF are scum working together to confuse the hell out of us.

This is where you being new steps in. It's a big game, and the town is more than capable of confusing the hell out of itself. The scum is probably sitting back watching while we do exactly that.

You should actually take the time to read my reveal post... then the ones after it where I explained how my role works... then you would understand that this conspiracy starts out on a "Brett didn't read" note.

I said I have to submit my night kill target before the end of N1. The kill takes place on a random night.

Not reading is also a scum tell... :rolleyes:

Did Lily give you any type of constraint on when it would take place?

Basically, your role doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. We could lose the game on N7 because a choice you made on D1. I don't really know if that is a risk worth taking.

This is where you being new steps in. It's a big game, and the town is more than capable of confusing the hell out of itself. The scum is probably sitting back watching while we do exactly that.

As much as I hate having inactives, once the game is done, I really have no problem losing to them. It's a cop-out and a weak a$$ way to win a game.

Anyone else find it odd that JF80 went from idolizing JiF to wanting his blood? Thinking of switching to JVOR.

This is the 2nd time this game that I've been on JiF's voting train, so there's nothing really new to be reported on me. I do like JiF but as you might tell, I've taken to this game like a pig in slop. I want blood, blood, blood!

Did Lily give you any type of constraint on when it would take place?

Basically, your role doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. We could lose the game on N7 because a choice you made on D1. I don't really know if that is a risk worth taking.

I disagree. I think it totally makes sense and sounds like a role that DPR/Lily would totally come up with and I think it's interesting. *shrugs* If it was my role I would definitely take the shot, but then again I'm a gambler by nature.

I also don't agree that scum is sitting back and watching us go at each other. Probably some of them, I did it last game, but not all of them.

unvote for now.

Monkeyman, I don't like to make lists on D1 like a couple here like to, but I can say that I don't feel much need to defend any of your top suspects.

When Doggin entered the game, I was certain that he had to be town. These posts stink to me, though.

Why are you directing the cop to investigate I28?

Two reasons. First, I28 is on my provisional trust list, and I want those people investigated early, so I'm not misled.

Second, I28 voted for the kitchen nice and early:

VOTE: KITCHEN

I'll hang out with teh happy couple.

MOD: Please pin thread?

Given what he said about knowing which rooms he's bullet proof in, I have to believe that if his claim is legit, then he actually is bulletproof today (no way he started out voting for a room he'd be vulnerable in). In that case, the real problem with directing the cop - that the mafia will just kill the target of the investigation - isn't an issue.

Bottom line, tonight is the one night we can be certain that, if I28 is a townie, the cop can be directed to investigate him without fear that he'll just be NK'd. So lets use that to our advantage.

As I see it, there are three possibilities:

1) Cop investigates I28 tonight, finds out he's scum. Result - hooray, dead scum tomorrow.

2) Cop investigates I28 tonight, finds out he's a townie, and the result is accurate. Result - hooray, confirmation that I28 is a townie, and we can trust his reads.

3) Cop investigates I28 tonight, turns out he's a godfather. Result - crap, we're screwed.

Odds are much higher for 1 and 2 than 3 (a 1 in 21 chance I28 is the Godfather, if one is in this game), so it seems like the smart play, to me.

Why do you disagree?

@Song: I always get freaked out when that happens. I don't know what it means about alignments unfortunately. Once I voted someone for taking the words out of my mouth and she ended up innocent. You are doing a good job of making me trust you right now. If you are scum, I hate you.

That's a great point. Like I said, I don't know how JiF plays usually, but he seems like he's smarter than what we've seen of late. Does he always act so weird?

JiF always tries out a new kinda nutso on D1. I think he thinks it helps him live thru the first night. It probably does.

Yeah crazy we have fast moving trains with like a full week of info and a deadline tonight. :rolleyes:

JiF wasn't on too many people's public radar before those posts last night, and now all of a sudden he's the hot option.

I'd like further explanation regarding his mass reveal suggestion, though, and the votes he has now should help elicit that from him, I'd hope.

As for I28's reveal, I tend to lean towards believing it because of the detail he provides, but I also tend to consider vig's to be more dangerous to the town than the scum. The idea that scum could have some DM/Lily inside info and concocted that role is also a possibility. As is the possibility that his role is a lot like that, but a SK instead.

I'm not excited about rushing towards another power role reveal, which I'm almost certain is the direction where headed.

I28 is pondering a shot in the dark at three named candidates, and maybe others he's choosing not to name. That's a 100% dead player... eventually, according to his description of the role. Maybe he's on the right track, but statistically it's probably about a 1 in 4 shot that he hits scum. If he doesn't shoot, it's 1 in 2 that he dies. Guess what I'm saying is that not lynching him now has the strong potential to end in either the death of another townie or his own death, anyway. Not so sure we shouldn't just go ahead with this lynch, and regroup for D2 without another role reveal today.

The Barm train stunk to high hell like scum peeling votes off of Jetscode.

Was I being genuine? **** yes.

This game is pissing me off. I'm putting in effort trying to force dialogue, to the point where I've jackassed my way into being a lynch candidate... and now these pussies want to lynch a inactive player? After 1,000 posts on D1? **** them, **** this game if that's how its going to be.

Town learns nothing from a Barm lynch if you ask me. These ******* idiots want to be led by the nose to a lynch that puts them right back in this same position tomorrow?

I play with balls. For better or worse. I'd rather you pussies lynch me if you think it will help the town get some info - if it comes down to me or Barm.

Yeah, this...

VOTE WOMBAT

Well, I like my case on Wombat, but...

Unvote

VOTE VIC

I also like Vic for scum.

Frankly, I said earlier if the choice is between me and an inactive, lynch me for the information. I stand by that. That said, I am town - and I see Vic and Wombat as better options than lynching a townie or an inactive right now.

Scrambling, yes. I am... trying to avoid revealing, and trying to get my FOS out on the table to see what people think of who I'm looking at.

This puts me at 9 votes I believe - and we have a deadline. Given all the people in this game, and Lily's affinity for funky setup. I am wary there could be a double voter, so...

I am a ONE-KILL VIGILANTE with PARTIAL BULLETPROOF depending on the room we spent the day in.

The kill request has to be submitted before the end of night one, the kill is not immediate.

If I choose not to submit a kill, then there is a 50% chance I can die instead.

As for bulletproof, basically as long as we spend the day in certain rooms I am safe, if we spend the day in a room that is not on my list, then my bulletproof turns off for that following day only.

Edited to bold reveal.

Ur all over the map...making up the story as you go along...twice you argued that it came down to lynching you or another for info the vote should fall on you...then you vote Wombat and Vic...grasping for straws to save ur own a$$...the you make a ridiculous claim that most likely than not, hurts the town further...do you have any integrity at all left?

Lynch all liars!

I disagree. I think it totally makes sense and sounds like a role that DPR/Lily would totally come up with and I think it's interesting. *shrugs* If it was my role I would definitely take the shot, but then again I'm a gambler by nature.

I also don't agree that scum is sitting back and watching us go at each other. Probably some of them, I did it last game, but not all of them.

I'm not saying I don't believe the role could exist. Obviously ANYTHING can be a role. What I'm saying is, if hes being honest, its a role that is much more likely to end up hurting town than helping it. Hes making a decision on D1 that might not effect us until 5-6 days from now. Hes targeting Jvor, Vic, and Dan (was that the 3?) TODAY, we can find out tomorrow that those 3 are the doc, back-up cop, and some scum-killing god, but it will be too late for town because I28 decided to kill them on DAY ONE. It will ruin us down the road.

As for I28's reveal, I tend to lean towards believing it because of the detail he provides, but I also tend to consider vig's to be more dangerous to the town than the scum. The idea that scum could have some DM/Lily inside info and concocted that role is also a possibility. As is the possibility that his role is a lot like that, but a SK instead.

Its paragraphs like these that make no sense to me because I don't understand any of the bolded terms. :lol:

I'm not saying I don't believe the role could exist. Obviously ANYTHING can be a role. What I'm saying is, if hes being honest, its a role that is much more likely to end up hurting town than helping it. Hes making a decision on D1 that might not effect us until 5-6 days from now. Hes targeting Jvor, Vic, and Dan (was that the 3?) TODAY, we can find out tomorrow that those 3 are the doc, back-up cop, and some scum-killing god, but it will be too late for town because I28 decided to kill them on DAY ONE. It will ruin us down the road.

Excuse me, it COULD ruin us down the road. Obviously it could win it for us. I just don't see the trade off being beneficial to town when you factor the odds. And thats if you believe the reveal.

People are saying they believe him because of the details? Are you serious? If thats all it takes then town is in for a wild ride because it is easy to make-up what is basically a vig role with a bunch of rules.

All my posting has made me convince myself again...

Unvote Jif, Vote I28

Editted to fix bold

As much as I hate having inactives, once the game is done, I really have no problem losing to them. It's a cop-out and a weak a$ way to win a game.

Not saying the whole scum team is sitting back inactive (though a couple inevitably are), just saying they're probably letting the town confuse itself and prod it along here and there.

Two reasons. First, I28 is on my provisional trust list, and I want those people investigated early, so I'm not misled.

Second, I28 voted for the kitchen nice and early:

Given what he said about knowing which rooms he's bullet proof in, I have to believe that if his claim is legit, then he actually is bulletproof today (no way he started out voting for a room he'd be vulnerable in). In that case, the real problem with directing the cop - that the mafia will just kill the target of the investigation - isn't an issue.

Bottom line, tonight is the one night we can be certain that, if I28 is a townie, the cop can be directed to investigate him without fear that he'll just be NK'd. So lets use that to our advantage.

As I see it, there are three possibilities:

1) Cop investigates I28 tonight, finds out he's scum. Result - hooray, dead scum tomorrow.

2) Cop investigates I28 tonight, finds out he's a townie, and the result is accurate. Result - hooray, confirmation that I28 is a townie, and we can trust his reads.

3) Cop investigates I28 tonight, turns out he's a godfather. Result - crap, we're screwed.

Odds are much higher for 1 and 2 than 3 (a 1 in 21 chance I28 is the Godfather, if one is in this game), so it seems like the smart play, to me.

Why do you disagree?

Just dropped a post where I suggest lynching I28 might be for the best.

4) I28 is targeting all town, scum roleblocks cop (because the cop would be foolish to publicly agree to who he's going to investigate, and the scum is happy to have I28 kill a townie for them), we have a dead townie and no new information anyway.

Its paragraphs like these that make no sense to me because I don't understand any of the bolded terms. :lol:

Vig = Vigilante, a townie that can also kill people at night.

DM = Dragonmount, another website that plays Mafia where many players have come from (Lily, Verbal, Barm, Wombat, Song) Doggin created the great merger of JN/DM

SK = Serial Killer, a 3rd party scum who kills somebody every night and wins when they are the last person alive.

I just don't feel comfortable for voting I28 just because of his role. That's not fair. I also think it could be potentially useful if he picks right. It's basically the same as a vig. Vig doesn't always pick right, but I normally don't hear anyone naysaying them all the time. I think you guys are focusing too much on the details of the role. I don't like it. I will not be voting I28, even if it's to get a majority. Though I don't think my vote is needed anyway.

Thanks. The term "3rd Party" in relation to Mafia makes sense to me now as well.

Mafia is generally town vs. scum, with the scum usually about 1/4 of the group (5 players or so in a 22 player game like we have here).

A Serial Killer (SK) would be working on his own, killing at night, with his own separate win condition - he doesn't win with town or scum, he wins when he's one of the last two players standing in the game.

Archived