Wayne Hunter

Maxman

So Vlad was going to be the RT next year. After he got beat out by Slauson at LG.

If they don't bring Woody back do you think Wayne Hunter beats out VLad next year? Hunter played well so this is most likely going to be a camp battle.

So Vlad was going to be the RT next year. After he got beat out by Slauson at LG.

If they don't bring Woody back do you think Wayne Hunter beats out VLad next year? Hunter played well so this is most likely going to be a camp battle.

Heck yeah, man. We are set up real good at o-line right now. If Woody is back, you've got Hunter, Ducasse and Turner as backups. That is sweet! If not, still a good camp battle between Hunter and Ducasse and we'll have two good backups.

First they have to sign Hunter. They have been talking him up as if he were Anthony Munoz. I'm not sure if that helps in negotiations. I like Woody, but he make a lot of money and is looking brittle again. FWIW, I don't think they've used Turner much at T. He's been the backup C, G, blocking TE and DT at the goal. I think he played some T in college and in his early camps, but I know they don't want him playing there during the season.

First they have to sign Hunter. They have been talking him up as if he were Anthony Munoz. I'm not sure if that helps in negotiations. I like Woody, but he make a lot of money and is looking brittle again. FWIW, I don't think they've used Turner much at T. He's been the backup C, G, blocking TE and DT at the goal. I think he played some T in college and in his early camps, but I know they don't want him playing there during the season.

I know... he is C/G. He came in for Mangold a few times here and there. I'm not saying put him at tackle, I'm just saying I like our depth overall on the line with him + Ducasse/Hunter as backups.

I know... he is C/G. He came in for Mangold a few times here and there. I'm not saying put him at tackle, I'm just saying I like our depth overall on the line with him + Ducasse/Hunter as backups.

I agree. I just hope they can re-sign Hunter. He may be ready to start and looking for some real money. I'm not sure what to think of Ducasse yet, but I have a lot of hope.

Hunter is a free agent and a Turner is a restricted free agent...ugh...I think the Jets may keep Woody for one more year as Ducasse showed next to nothing last year and Hunter could get bigger coin somewhere else. The draft better start addressing some of these areas where there is no next to depth

he tipped the plays on the goalline... i think they can get another year out of Woody and Ducasse is on deck.

If schotty didn't decide to be cute and just run the ball it wouldn't have been an issue, but I see your point. Unless they really feel Vlad is ready to step in as the starting right tackle, I don't see how they let a guy go who knows the system and played as well as he did.

he tipped the plays on the goalline... i think they can get another year out of Woody and Ducasse is on deck.

Was that him? I can't tell the difference between him and Turner, and alls I know is that it was one of them. Tipping plays like that absolutely killed us, and I hold that against him (though this was probably apart of the play call and design). You can't pull that crap against the Steelers...

I'm not against trying to squeak another year out of Woody...especially with Vlad possibly on deck...I like Vlad too...he's got the exact same body as Woody except he's 15 years younger or something.

let me add that the improvement Ducasse showed between preseason and the week 17 Bills game was outstanding. His technique is much better. He's not there yet as a starter but he could get to that level within a year. Callahan is doing a wonderful job with him.

Even if none of the above is true, the Jets will believe it and signing Hunter is like admitting Ducasse was a wasted pick. Tanny won't do that.

Isn't the Ducasse-at-RT thing just one of our message board creations? Slauson was a below-average player who was good for at least one horrifying hit on Sanchez per game. You'd think that his time as the default option at LG is growing short with Ducasse getting the job in training camp. As for Hunter, if cutting Woody frees up some money, I think you'd have to let him walk. I can't imagine there's a huge market for Hunter right now--at least not one that will see him get megabucks--so the Jets should still be able to get him on the cheap.

let me add that the improvement Ducasse showed between preseason and the week 17 Bills game was outstanding. His technique is much better. He's not there yet as a starter but he could get to that level within a year. Callahan is doing a wonderful job with him.

Even if none of the above is true, the Jets will believe it and signing Hunter is like admitting Ducasse was a wasted pick. Tanny won't do that.

This is kind of how I feel on the CB Cro or FA or Wilson situation.

This is kind of how I feel on the CB Cro or FA or Wilson situation.

agree and would be surprised to see Cro back in 2011. the only thing keeping him here is that a 2nd round pick is a huge price to pay for a 1 year rental. but they could very easily move on without Cro, he's got flaws.

Isn't the Ducasse-at-RT thing just one of our message board creations? Slauson was a below-average player who was good for at least one horrifying hit on Sanchez per game. You'd think that his time as the default option at LG is growing short with Ducasse getting the job in training camp. As for Hunter, if cutting Woody frees up some money, I think you'd have to let him walk. I can't imagine there's a huge market for Hunter right now--at least not one that will see him get megabucks--so the Jets should still be able to get him on the cheap.

He's got legit RT potential.

I'm not sure. Where did he play against the Bills? I think he mostly played RG for Moore. That's kind of a tweener position, but it does lean more towards Slauson than Woody. Wayne Hunter is at worst a borderline NFL starter, so he should get some decent money. They probably won't cut Woody outright until they lockup Hunter, so it's not a big deal.

Archived