Central: White Sox

West: Angels

Wild Card: Boston

National League

East: Phillies

Central: Reds

West: Giants

Wild Card: Colorado

Way out prediction for 2011: The Pittsburgh Pirates will finish over 500 with an 82-80 record and will be in the race till late July.

World Series Winner: Phillies over White Sox 5 games

AL East: Red Sox

AL Central: Tigers

AL West: Athletics

AL WC: Yankees

NL East: Phillies

NL Central: Brewers

NL West: Giants

NL WC: Rockies

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez

AL CY: Felix Hernandez

AL ROY: Jeremy Hellickson

NL MVP: Troy Tulowitzki

NL CY: Roy Halladay

NL ROY: Freddie Freeman

AL Champion: Red Sox

NL Champion: Phillies

WS Champion: Phillies

AL East: Yankees

AL Central: Who Cares

AL West: Yawn

AL WC: Yankees Triple AAA team

NL East: ZZZZzzzzzz

NL Central: (insert joke here)

NL West: ----------

NL WC: 2nd best team in 4th best division

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez' syringe

AL CY: Bastard love child of CC and Phil Hughes

AL ROY: Jesus Montero (first .400, triple crown, 90 HR player)

NL MVP: Future Yankee

NL CY: Another future Yankee

NL ROY: A future Jeter ballboy

AL Champion: Yankees

NL Champion: ZZZZZzzzzz

WS Champion: Yankees in a forfeit

AL West: Angels

AL WC: Twins

NL West: Rockies

NL WC: Braves

AL MVP: Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford (Co-MVP's)

AL CY: Clay Buccholz, Jon Lester, John Lackey, Josh Beckett, Dice-k (Winner by committee)

AL ROY: Lil' Dusty (1st repeat winner)

NL MVP: Hanley Ramirez

NL CY: Tim Lincecum

NL ROY: Aroldis Chapman

WS Champion: Sawx

AL West: Angels

AL WC: Twins

NL West: Rockies

NL WC: Braves

AL MVP: Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford (Co-MVP's)

AL CY: Clay Buccholz, Jon Lester, John Lackey, Josh Beckett, Dice-k (Winner by committee)

AL ROY: Lil' Dusty (1st repeat winner)

NL MVP: Hanley Ramirez

NL CY: Tim Lincecum

NL ROY: Aroldis Chapman

WS Champion: Sawx

Nice jinx.

AL East: Yankees

AL West: Rangers

AL Wild Card: Twins

NL Central: Reds

NL West: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Braves

World Series:

Yankees over Dodgers in 6.

Care to explain why you feel the Red Sox won't even make the playoffs? Just curious.

I'll answer for him. The AL East is a m-f'er and he doesn't think the wild card is going to the Sux

I think 88-89 wins takes the AL East this year. Its going to be brutal. I would expect a lots of divisional records hovering around .500

I also don't think the Sox are as good as the media and the Boston faithfull all want them to be. Lackey is a joke, Dice K hasn't pitched well with any consistency in three years now, Wakefield is like 100 years old. Will Beckett be healthy or is he done? Has he turned a bad corner in his career at 31? And Papelbon flat out sucks.

I'll answer for him. The AL East is a m-f'er and he doesn't think the wild card is going to the Sux

You add nothing to this board.

I think 88-89 wins takes the AL East this year. Its going to be brutal. I would expect a lots of divisional records hovering around .500

I also don't think the Sox are as good as the media and the Boston faithfull all want them to be. Lackey is a joke, Dice K hasn't pitched well with any consistency in three years now, Wakefield is like 100 years old. Will Beckett be healthy or is he done? Has he turned a bad corner in his career at 31? And Papelbon flat out sucks.

The Red Sox do have question marks, true. I'm just trying to figure out how all of the so called experts are incorrect. I mean the Sox should win on offense alone, as long as everyone is healthy. The pitching has their issues, for sure. I'm not sure why Lackey is a joke, he'd be your second best starter. Dice-K is the 5th starter and that's not bad. He'd be most teams #3. Wakefield is the long man and isn't going to be relied heavily upon. Paps had a bad year last year, but the bullpen around him this season is much stronger. Being in a contract year should only help. A lot of questions do need to be answered, but if even half of them are answered favorably there is no reason the Sox would miss the playoffs.

were they in the playoffs last year?

sh*t can happen

Last year was an aberration of injuries. If that happens two years in a row, maybe they are cursed again. :)

I'm not sure why Lackey is a joke, he'd be your second best starter.

That's a bunch of BS....we have a guy named Hughes who you so tend to forget about.......why do you never forget about Buccholz? I don't see where he's any better or worse. He has alot to prove

there is no reason the Sox would miss the playoffs.

Last year was an aberration of injuries. If that happens two years in a row, maybe they are cursed again. :)

There you go spin cycle.....No excuses, especially injuries

The Red Sox do have question marks, true. I'm just trying to figure out how all of the so called experts are incorrect. I mean the Sox should win on offense alone, as long as everyone is healthy. The pitching has their issues, for sure. I'm not sure why Lackey is a joke, he'd be your second best starter. Dice-K is the 5th starter and that's not bad. He'd be most teams #3. Wakefield is the long man and isn't going to be relied heavily upon. Paps had a bad year last year, but the bullpen around him this season is much stronger. Being in a contract year should only help. A lot of questions do need to be answered, but if even half of them are answered favorably there is no reason the Sox would miss the playoffs.

The Sawx,are, after all, the greatest colLEction of baseball talent ever assembled by a super genius GM, and are managed by a mastermind. They will win 140 games and sweep through the playoffs-OF COURSE. What a waste of 6+ months to play this season. Their Series trophy can go right next to the Pats' Lombardi of this last NFL season. TODAY.

That's a bunch of BS....we have a guy named Hughes who you so tend to forget about.......why do you never forget about Buccholz? I don't see where he's any better or worse. He has alot to prove

There you go spin cycle.....No excuses, especially injuries

You don't see how Buchholz (at least spell his name right) is any better or worse than Hughes? His ERA was almost 2 runs better. He has a lot less to prove than Hughes who ran out of gas after, oh I don't know, May.

You don't see how Buchholz (at least spell his name right) is any better or worse than Hughes? His ERA was almost 2 runs better. He has a lot less to prove than Hughes who ran out of gas after, oh I don't know, May.

Bucholz's ERA was 3.68 last year, Hughes' was 4.20. How is that almost 2 runs better? It was slightly more than half a run.

If you're gonna argue using stats, you can't make them up.

The Yankees are on pace to win 162 games. Anyone who doesn't think that will happen is a clueless moron that roots for a team whose name we can easily turn into a homophobic slur.

I love it when you feel pain (insert gay joke at your leisure)

Bucholz's ERA was 3.68 last year, Hughes' was 4.20. How is that almost 2 runs better? It was slightly more than half a run.

If you're gonna argue using stats, you can't make them up.

Exit your credibility stage left. Career 3.68. His ERA last season was 2.33.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/28855/clay-buchholz

If you're going to argue using stats, at least use the right ones so you don't end up looking silly.

Laptops Mcgee will never come close to a 2.33 ERA again in his life. You can bank on that. He's good but not that good. He's also older than Hughes is and Hughes was moving from the bullpen to starting last year which probably was why he got tired towards the middle of the season. NTM Hughes had a better H/9, K/9, K/BB and about the same WHIP last season. The major difference between the 2 pitchers was 16 more homers that hughes gave up. That probably isn't going to carry over.

Exit your credibility stage left. Career 3.68. His ERA last season was 2.33.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/28855/clay-buchholz

If you're going to argue using stats, at least use the right ones so you don't end up looking silly.

So you got me. I was too busy working and watching the Yankees win to read the right line on a player who I couldn't possibly care less about's stats. :Nuts:

Because you have nothing better to do with your pathetic, meaningless existence?

Whoa Whoa Whoa.

Jon has better things to do. And we appreciate that he chooses to torment Red Sox fans anyway. :P

Laptops Mcgee will never come close to a 2.33 ERA again in his life. You can bank on that. He's good but not that good. He's also older than Hughes is and Hughes was moving from the bullpen to starting last year which probably was why he got tired towards the middle of the season. NTM Hughes had a better H/9, K/9, K/BB and about the same WHIP last season. The major difference between the 2 pitchers was 16 more homers that hughes gave up. That probably isn't going to carry over.

Buchholz's GB rate last year - 50.8%

Hughes' GB rate last year - 36.1%

Not to mention those are very close to career averages.....Buchholz induces way more groundballs than Hughes...I think the HR thing will carry over.

Also, Buchholz being 27 to Hughes' 25 isn't that big a deal.

Buchholz's GB rate last year - 50.8%

Hughes' GB rate last year - 36.1%

Not to mention those are very close to career averages.....Buchholz induces way more groundballs than Hughes...I think the HR thing will carry over.

Also, Buchholz being 27 to Hughes' 25 isn't that big a deal.

Will hughes give up more homers? Yes. Will he give up more than twice as many homers? No. And 2 years in the mid 20s are a huge difference. Buchholz was barely in the majors at Hughes age now.

Archived