Site Update (Lockout Issue)

Maxman

The NFL Lockout has resulted in our two main sponsors cancelling their contracts with us. We simply can not afford the hosting costs without them. So while the lockout is underway we are going to have to put the site on hold. Hopefully we can resume it when the lockout is over but we will have to see. Losing momentum like that can sometimes be crippling to an online community.

I want to thank everyone who has been part of this community for so long. It has been a lot of fun and although I hope this isn't the end of the line, if it is I thank you. Your insight into the Jets, getting to know you all has been great.

Our current web hosting contract has about a week left on it. We pay monthly and can't send in the next one. So please us this thread to wish each other well. Then we can see where we are at when the lockout is over.

Thanks everyone for your understanding. NFL Greed really knows no end.

jn_logo_100.gif

The NFL Lockout has resulted in our two main sponsors cancelling their contracts with us. We simply can not afford the hosting costs without them. So while the lockout is underway we are going to have to put the site on hold. Hopefully we can resume it when the lockout is over but we will have to see. Losing momentum like that can sometimes be crippling to an online community.

I want to thank everyone who has been part of this community for so long. It has been a lot of fun and although I hope this isn’t the end of the line, if it is I thank you. Your insight into the Jets and getting to know you all has been great.

Our current web hosting contract has about a week left on it. We pay monthly and can’t send in the next one. So please use this thread to wish each other well. Then we can see where we are at when the lockout is over.

di</img>di</img>

KNJqkjmE7DA

View the full article

...so close. So... close. Nice one.

yea I was laying in bed thinking about this and had DOH!!! moment. April Fools Day. I remember when they turned this place into Pats Nation the second year we were up. They even put Tom Brady's picture up top and made Tex a mod.

I was thinking about this all night and was about to suggest the regulars here help make up the difference with like $20 donations until it occurred to me that Max was being a funny boy. Now I'm going to go over and copy and post the 1st post in this thread over at JI with a title *** ****** to shut down!!!! It would make for some good internets warring between the tribes, and we'll all be able to read how the purists there hate this site anyway (until they get banned and have to come here to the Lounge with another I Was Banned At Jets Insiders). Hell 124 could have a field day with a thread like that. Maybe I should post it over on Twitter too...

I was thinking about this all night and was about to suggest the regulars here help make up the difference with like $20 donations until it occurred to me that Max was being a funny boy. Now I'm going to go over and copy and post the 1st post in this thread over at JI with a title *** ****** to shut down!!!! It would make for some good internets warring between the tribes, and we'll all be able to read how the purists there hate this site anyway (until they get banned and have to come here to the Lounge with another I Was Banned At Jets Insiders). Hell 124 could have a field day with a thread like that. Maybe I should post it over on Twitter too...

Why would anybody start a thread about why they left JI?

I want to thank everyone who has been part of this community for so long. It has been a lot of fun and although I hope this isn't the end of the line, if it is I thank you. Your insight into the Jets, getting to know you all has been great.

Our current web hosting contract has about a week left on it. We pay monthly and can't send in the next one. So please us this thread to wish each other well. Then we can see where we are at when the lockout is over.

Does this have anything to do with the scary 4/1 virus I've been hearing about?

Oh the joy of hearing someone announce they are coming back to a website from a absence and never appear again there

I know, right? How many times over our 6 years here have we read the same threads? They come here and mercilessly bash whoever banned them and then when they are reinstated we never see another post from them-who needs them...

hmmmm... If this is a prank, nicely done.. I even like that venting email you sent me.. nice touch.. brat ;p

Here is the real April fools day joke. HT is going to act like she cares about us for a day. :D

It's not?!?!?

And why are you not more upset JN is shutting down? This is awful!!

Thank you.

Everyone looks to make a joke out of everything. The real story here is the financial hardship that my family has to endure because of the lockout.

Did you know that we have to let two of our summer nannies go? How are we going to survive with just 3 nannies? Seriously. And with gas prices skyrocketing it is going to make boating even more expensive. This is just not fair and I wish people would start feeling sorry for me and stop worrying about if this was a joke or not. Sorry I posted this on April 1st. I thought you were all my friends and would understand.

Thank you.

Everyone looks to make a joke out of everything. The real story here is the financial hardship that my family has to endure because of the lockout.

Did you know that we have to let two of our summer nannies go? How are we going to survive with just 3 nannies? Seriously. And with gas prices skyrocketing it is going to make boating even more expensive. This is just not fair and I wish people would start feeling sorry for me and stop worrying about if this was a joke or not. Sorry I posted this on April 1st. I thought you were all my friends and would understand.

this reminded me of something I read this morning on the Jets site that WON'T be shutting down: It was in the Kris Jenkins whining about having to play 2 plays a year on the NMS Field Turf thread over there...

Originally Posted by JetStream

So, he'll go to a team with a grass field and only play home games? and the occasional grass road game? Super bowl is on Turf, have to sit that out too...

Limo said:

+1, and I was just thinking the same thing as I was reading through this thread. He has four kids & a family to feed, so of course he wants to go to the highest bidder while not insulting the Jets, just in case that's the only offer whenever season 2011 does start.

I really like Big Jenks and want to wish him all the best in his future endeavors. On grass or Fieldturf.

Archived