Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go look at Rondo's playoff line again...tell me how many PGs not named Magic have lead the league in playoff-assits for 3 years straight.

Steve Nash, but what does that have to do with Rondo. I didnt think he was ever the playoff assist leader in any postseason.

Steve Nash, but what does that have to do with Rondo. I didnt think he was ever the playoff assist leader in any postseason.

apparently you have not watched the NBA the past 3 post seasons.....

Rondo has 500 playoff assists

As if stealing the game once wasn't enough, the scum**** dirty refs missed this pick on the game robbing shot. Of course this was missed right after they call a garbage foul on the knicks.

t0cvy.jpg

Lol, posting a still screenshot of a pick proves nothing...you're mad your sh*tty team lost, get over it...

Lol, posting a still screenshot of a pick proves nothing...you're mad your sh*tty team lost, get over it...

Look at Garnett's thug foot tripping Douglas. Thats an offensive foul. Watch the video. Doouglas goes sprawling because HE WAS TRIPPED. Yeah 2 horrible calls that were the difference in the game mean nothing. Carry on homer.

STEVE NASH ONLY LEAD THE NBA IN PLAYOFF-ASSISTS TWICE

OWNED

You are talking about total assists. Thats pretty ridiculous. Of course the guy who plays the most games will have the most playoff assists. On a per game basis Nash was always double digits. I doubt Rondo has ever led the NBA on a per game basis in the playoffs.

You are talking about total assists. Thats pretty ridiculous. Of course the guy who plays the most games will have the most playoff assists. On a per game basis Nash was always double digits. I doubt Rondo has ever led the NBA on a per game basis in the playoffs.

hey smart guy, Rondo lead the playoffs in assists 2 years ago DESPITE ONLY PLAYING 2 OF 4 SERIES

nice try though

I wonder what you would be saying if your team lost a game on an OFF THE BALL ticky tack foul on your superstar.

My team wouldn't have let the Celts nail the 3 for the win... and then would not have taken a deep 3 down by 2...

The Knicks lack of scoring in the ENTIRE 2nd half blew that game... not the Refs... stop crying... (I was rooting for the Knicks too)

Wait... I hate the celts as much as the next guy but blaming that game on the refs??? Get real

Now while its silly to say that call lost the game, it does make you wonder. In Boston, down 1, the Knicks have possession and you call an off the ball foul for trying to get position, when all he did was lift his arm. It was a horrible call, and knowing that refs throw games for the mob, it definitely makes you wonder if Donaghy was telling the truth, that he wasnt the only won throwing games.

You just dont make that call. Period.

Still, the Knicks had plenty of chances to win that game at other moments and they failed. Sucks it came down to questionable call that ultimately gave the Celts the game, but Knicks should have won this game despite the horrible call.

Either way, the Celts are garbage. They really are. No way they return to the finals. That team has jumped the shark and they are going to need to get young quick because the East is catching up them fast.

It's the same story every year. It's been this way every postseason since they changed the handchecking rules. Sucks, just sucks.

Stern wanted to make it possible to have the European coughwhite player exist in the league, this is what you get, I guess. I don't think the hand-checking or the zone rules have made the NBA a better product at all. Sure, guys are shooting the 15 foot jumper better, but I miss the physicality, along with the motivation to drive it to the rim and draw a foul as opposed to the drive-and-kick game. Basketball shouldn't be a finesse sport. Stern over-reacted to sh*tty ratings for those Knicks-Spurs series that were painful to watch.

The problem is that Rondo is such a bad shooter you cant put the ball in his hands in crunch time and chance him being forced to take a shot or drive too far inside and go out of control. I actually think teams would do far better by playing him in his face then backing off and overrespecting his ability to penetrate. They play so far off him it makes it far easier to find the open passing lanes and hes an excellent passer as it is.

Definitely. I don't see how anyone with any sort of objectivity looks at Rondo and attempts to rank him in the Rose, Paul, Nash, Deron Williams class. He is what he is--an extremely limited offensive player who landed in the exact right spot. His assist totals are inflated because he plays with two HoF spot-up jump-shooters and a HoF big who can post and shoot. You should get an assist every time the ball leaves your hand. Greg Anthony could average 12-14 assists playing with that cast.

Kidd is probably the best point I have ever seen. His transition game was just sick and he ran the halfcourt extremely well. The way he would find guys filling the floor for an alley oop of quick jumper was pretty amazing. It goes totally unnoticed but he used to set up so many things with the pass to Kittles or Harris who was in a better position to feed Martin, Van Horn, or Jefferson. He knew he couldnt get the ball there but he knew where to go to make sure the ball got to the right spot. He took teams in NJ that were basically 30 win talent to back to back Finals and should have gotten to a third had the coach gone for the kill in game 6 instead of doing those "line shift" substitutions the Nets used to do regardless of the situation.

Agreed, totally. I remember Kidd's face when he realized that he was in a Finals game and Lucious Harris was the second-best teammate he had on the floor going down the stretch. You knew it was over for Byron Scott at that very second, and over for the Nets because they were going to placate Kidd at all costs, and they did by hiring his man-servant Lawrence Frank.

It has nothing to do with the Knicks winning a title on not. It's about not making the playoffs for 10 years, outplaying the other team for over 47 mins and having the game stolen from you by the refs.

dude

melo gained an advantage by elbowing pierce, which is the literal definition of a foul. he was creating space by throwing an elbow

the knicks should have been pounding it inside to mar'e or working the ball around for an open shot anyway

the knicks lost because ray is a cold blodded assassin, and they decided to run isolation 1 0n 1 bullsh*t in crunch time

My team wouldn't have let the Celts nail the 3 for the win... and then would not have taken a deep 3 down by 2...

The Knicks lack of scoring in the ENTIRE 2nd half blew that game... not the Refs... stop crying... (I was rooting for the Knicks too)

Exactly. Like I said after it happened, I would blame Melo more than anyone for taking too much time off the clock, and going for the win on a ridiculously deep 3 pointer with 3 guys around him who would never be stupid enough to foul him.

dude

melo gained an advantage by elbowing pierce, which is the literal definition of a foul. he was creating space by throwing an elbow

the knicks should have been pounding it inside to mar'e or working the ball around for an open shot anyway

the knicks lost because ray is a cold blodded assassin, and they decided to run isolation 1 0n 1 bullsh*t in crunch time

It's an awful call. Watch Pierce at any time during a game and he's pushing and grabbing 100x worse than that. Pierce flopped there.

What with everyone in college basketball/NBA taking atrocious 25 foot shots to end games when their team is down points?

Dribble dribble dribble waste clock, chuck.

Zone defense mentality. You drive now, you're met by the entire frontcourt who no longer has to move.

You won? Congrats! I'll bet you were a hit in the locker room after the game.

Dude, you got sour grapes. Your team lost and you're mad your "superstar" f*cked it up with a stupid foul, and now you're trying to "get" me by using the old "YOU'RE not on the team" line, which is stupid, because you're just trying to change the subject. Stop being such a sore loser and take the loss like a man.

It's an awful call. Watch Pierce at any time during a game and he's pushing and grabbing 100x worse than that. Pierce flopped there.

Truth. Melo did the same exact thing that Pierce does to free himself up. The bottom line is, you just dont make that call. Period. Celts fans would be just a livid if the roles were reversed. Making that call, is putting way too much emphasis on the refs determining the outcome of the game. The league should be ashamed, especially considering their history.

But again, thats not why they lost. They lost because they played poorly at end game. Should have been going to Amare and should learn to play D, especially on inbounds play.

Truth. Melo did the same exact thing that Pierce does to free himself up. The bottom line is, you just dont make that call. Period. Celts fans would be just a livid if the roles were reversed. Making that call, is putting way too much emphasis on the refs determining the outcome of the game. The league should be ashamed, especially considering their history.

But again, thats not why they lost. They lost because they played poorly at end game. Should have been going to Amare and should learn to play D, especially on inbounds play.

A big part of the reason they lost is Melo was atrocious for the entire second half.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly Landry Fields does.

It was kind of fun laughing at Fields trying to chase Allen around all game. Allen could straight dominate this series because he's got nobody that can cover him.

A big part of the reason they lost is Melo was atrocious for the entire second half.

I thought he did a damn good job defending Pierce. I just dont get why when he's that cold, they dont force feed the ball to Amare...but then again, I dont understand a lot of things the Knicks do.

Dude, you got sour grapes. Your team lost and you're mad your "superstar" f*cked it up with a stupid foul, and now you're trying to "get" me by using the old "YOU'RE not on the team" line, which is stupid, because you're just trying to change the subject. Stop being such a sore loser and take the loss like a man.

I'm a Nets fan. Objectively speaking, that's an awful call, brother. Doesn't matter what team you're a fan of, that ref screwed the pooch.

Word. Not why they lost but, still, brutal call to make.

I'm a Nets fan. Objectively speaking, that's an awful call, brother. Doesn't matter what team you're a fan of, that ref screwed the pooch.

Word. Not why they lost but, still, brutal call to make.

I coulda sworn you were a Knicks fan? Well, obviously not. And yeah, they could have let it go, but calling it wasn't the wrong call. There really was no wrong call on that play, because he DID throw an elbow and gain an advantage.

There is no such thing as 100% consistency... if you watch the replay the ref was right there and the elbow was thrown...

Regardless... the Knicks blew it all by themselves... pathetic offense in the 2nd half.

New York Sports Fans mantra : the refs effed us. No matter the sport, "whaa, whaaa, whaa." I don't recall Yankee Fans crying when they get awarded WS home runs that aren't, or Testeverde getting a TD that wasn't....but "whaa, whaaa, whaaa" when things don't go their way.

Plus, you pissed away a 12 point lead. The ticky tack call had nothing to do with that. And who's the genius that decides to take the ball away from your most effective player - Amare Stoudemire? That's why the Knicks lost.

This series can go either way, obviously. Neither team is winning the NBA Championship, obviously. But boy, it feels good to know that Spike Lee went to bed angry.

The Knicks have the potential to become very good...unless Isiah returns (which I heard is possible?). Then you have ZERO chance at a Championship. The Celtics screwed themselves with the Perk trade. I just can't see Jermaine O'Neal consistently playing like he did last night. The Celts window of opportunity was for this year only. They traded defense - Perk- and the guy who was supposed to plug the middle and give you quality minutes - Shaq - can't stay healthy for more than five minutes.

New York Sports Fans mantra : the refs effed us. No matter the sport, "whaa, whaaa, whaa." I don't recall Yankee Fans crying when they get awarded WS home runs that aren't, or Testeverde getting a TD that wasn't....but "whaa, whaaa, whaaa" when things don't go their way.

Plus, you pissed away a 12 point lead. The ticky tack call had nothing to do with that. And who's the genius that decides to take the ball away from your most effective player - Amare Stoudemire? That's why the Knicks lost.

This series can go either way, obviously. Neither team is winning the NBA Championship, obviously. But boy, it feels good to know that Spike Lee went to bed angry.

I can't see why Boston can't win the NBA Championship...they had a similar slide last season and got within 4 points of a title...

Archived