Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

Can we stop talking like Perkins was Bill freakin Russell.

Jesus, it was a bad call. There's no reason why we shouldn't point it out. Even the face of Boston Sports, Bill Simmons said it was a bad call.

If I were a ref, I would not make any ticky tack calls...but this one did. Stop whining about it already!

Yes, Perk was no Russell....not even in the same zip code...but you can't deny that the Celtics lost their mojo when Rondo lost his binky, Perk. Look at the records since the trade.

And, hate to break it to you, but Bill Simmons has not been the face of Boston Sports in a long time. The guy is a monumental d-bag gone Hollywood. He, under no circumstance, is the voice of Boston Sports.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were a ref, I would not make any ticky tack calls...but this one did. Stop whining about it already!

And, hate to break it to you, but Bill Simmons has not been the face of Boston Sports in a long time. The guy is a monumental d-bag gone Hollywood. He, under no circumstance, is the voice of Boston Sports.

I know that and I knew the comment would annoy you.

I still like reading him though.

As for the call, it was a terrible call. Admitting it was a bad call doesn't take away the fact the Celtics won you know.

New York Sports Fans mantra : the refs effed us. No matter the sport, "whaa, whaaa, whaa." I don't recall Yankee Fans crying when they get awarded WS home runs that aren't, or Testeverde getting a TD that wasn't....but "whaa, whaaa, whaaa" when things don't go their way.

Plus, you pissed away a 12 point lead. The ticky tack call had nothing to do with that. And who's the genius that decides to take the ball away from your most effective player - Amare Stoudemire? That's why the Knicks lost.

This series can go either way, obviously. Neither team is winning the NBA Championship, obviously. But boy, it feels good to know that Spike Lee went to bed angry.

The Knicks have the potential to become very good...unless Isiah returns (which I heard is possible?). Then you have ZERO chance at a Championship. The Celtics screwed themselves with the Perk trade. I just can't see Jermaine O'Neal consistently playing like he did last night. The Celts window of opportunity was for this year only. They traded defense - Perk- and the guy who was supposed to plug the middle and give you quality minutes - Shaq - can't stay healthy for more than five minutes.

And people say I'm angry. :rolleyes:

New York Sports Fans mantra : the refs effed us. No matter the sport, "whaa, whaaa, whaa." I don't recall Yankee Fans crying when they get awarded WS home runs that aren't, or Testeverde getting a TD that wasn't....but "whaa, whaaa, whaaa" when things don't go their way.

Plus, you pissed away a 12 point lead. The ticky tack call had nothing to do with that. And who's the genius that decides to take the ball away from your most effective player - Amare Stoudemire? That's why the Knicks lost.

This series can go either way, obviously. Neither team is winning the NBA Championship, obviously. But boy, it feels good to know that Spike Lee went to bed angry.

The Knicks have the potential to become very good...unless Isiah returns (which I heard is possible?). Then you have ZERO chance at a Championship. The Celtics screwed themselves with the Perk trade. I just can't see Jermaine O'Neal consistently playing like he did last night. The Celts window of opportunity was for this year only. They traded defense - Perk- and the guy who was supposed to plug the middle and give you quality minutes - Shaq - can't stay healthy for more than five minutes.

Right, because Boston fans arent the same way. :rolleyes: If the call was reversed, we'd be seeing the same reaction from your fanbase...if not worse because it was at home and it would have resulted in a loss to the lowly Knicks and Boston fans love to bitch more than any other fanbase.

The call was awful. You have to swallow your whistle in that situation. The league is already known to throw games, that call just makes everyone scratch their head and wonder what if. The only saving grace that I'm praying for is that the spread was already covered (yes, I made some money last night!) and the over wasnt even in site. So hopefully, it was just a dumbass ref, making a dumbass call.

I can't see why Boston can't win the NBA Championship...they had a similar slide last season and got within 4 points of a title...

You cant see your team is slow, old and sh*tty? I'm pretty confident they lose next round no matter who the opponent. The Celts are done. Time to revamp or they will just be another good regular season team who cant hang in 7 games series...who knows, maybe I'm wrong but I dont see them winning another series after the Knicks.

Boston fans love to bitch more than any other fanbase.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replace Boston with New York, and you are correct. Ask anybody OTHER than a New York Sport fan. They should just change every New York Sports team's name to the New York "whhhaaaa's"

The guy didnt play all season! They didnt lose anything...

See, you're making excuses too.

The proof is in the records. Oklahoma won regular season games. The Celtics did not. That's not an excuse. It's fact. Danny Ainge effed up.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replace Boston with New York, and you are correct. Ask anybody OTHER than a New York Sport fan. They should just change every New York Sports team's name to the New York "whhhaaaa's"

Well, considering that I've lived in Florida for over 25 years...most people I know are not New York fans and they all pretty much agree Boston is the biggest bunch of whiny bitches on the planet when it comes to sports. Philly 2nd.

You don't bandwagon, you just change your hometown and or move to suit where your next favorite team is from.

Lol, it's called a sh*tty job market and having to move for different jobs, and then moving to go to college. I don't change teams like most others on here.

As for all the comments in this thread, bad call or not, a win is a win. WAAAAAAAAH, WAAAAAAAAAAH! :'(

Well, considering that I've lived in Florida for over 25 years...most people I know are not New York fans and they all pretty much agree Boston is the biggest bunch of whiny bitches on the planet when it comes to sports. Philly 2nd.

Interesting. I do not live in Florida, but know many folks from other parts of the country and they all think New York fans are the worst. Philly 2nd. Funny, right?

The proof is in the records. Oklahoma won regular season games. The Celtics did not. That's not an excuse. It's fact. Danny Ainge effed up.

They were awful down the stretch last year too with Perkins...

Also, the Thunder are a younger and better team.

Exactly. We have enough bigs to contend for a championship, and now we have 2 more scoring options, one of them a good, young forward who will replace Pierce.

Pierce has always been a bum with a ton of talent... KG looks just plain old out there... Rondo? lol.... and Ray Allen is UCONN so it is hard to hate but he should come off the bench... his energy is wildly inconsistent...

Exactly. We have enough bigs to contend for a championship, and now we have 2 more scoring options, one of them a good, young forward who will replace Pierce.

The chances of this pathetic old Boston team winning the title (even if the refs keep giving them games) is about zilch. The Knicks completely outplayed them and the Knicks aren't really that good.

Who are these bigs you speak of? Two more scoring options? The one's that can't score (and definitely can't play defense). The future looks wonderful :rolleyes:

It's an awful call. Watch Pierce at any time during a game and he's pushing and grabbing 100x worse than that. Pierce flopped there.

I hated the call until I saw the replay. what pierce does is a seperate issue

I'm just saying that call did not decide the game

ignoring mar'e and running iso bullsh*t in crunch time decided the game. the C's actually ran a play which lead to ray's shot, which included pierce deciding to pass instead of shooting. the knicks decided to give the ball to melo, stand around and wait for the magic to happen

that was the difference in the game

ignoring mar'e and running iso bullsh*t in crunch time decided the game. the C's actually ran a play which lead to ray's shot, which included pierce deciding to pass instead of shooting. the knicks decided to give the ball to melo, stand around and wait for the magic to happen

There is 2 separate issues.

1 The way the knicks coached and managed the last minute was a joke.

2 They STILL should've won if the scum refs didn't screw them on 2 separate calls that changed the outcome of the game.

"The C's?" Really?

If you're going to do that please start referring the Knicks as "the Bockers" so I know not to take you seriously.

The Knicks let one get away. I am not sure why Amare did not even touch the ball the last 3 possessions.

When I got in my car this morning. Bowen was on with Mike & Mike this morning and they said it was actually the last 7 possessions during which Amar'e didn't have a touch.

My biggest problem with the call on Melo is that on the ensuing possession, Garnett trips Toney Douglas, leaving the most clutch shooter in the game wide open for the go-ahead 3. Either swallow your whistle on both ends or make a call on each team. You cannot, however, give one team what could amount to a 5-point swing at the end of a tight game - regardless of the poor coaching and decision-making that helped sink the Knicks.

When I got in my car this morning. Bowen was on with Mike & Mike this morning and they said it was actually the last 7 possessions during which Amar'e didn't have a touch.

My biggest problem with the call on Melo is that on the ensuing possession, Garnett trips Toney Douglas, leaving the most clutch shooter in the game wide open for the go-ahead 3. Either swallow your whistle on both ends or make a call on each team. You cannot, however, give one team what could amount to a 5-point swing at the end of a tight game - regardless of the poor coaching and decision-making that helped sink the Knicks.

So tangled ankles is now the same as throwing an elbow?

Spin away knicks fans!

Archived