Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

So tangled ankles is now the same as throwing an elbow?

Spin away knicks fans!

No, but setting a screen while standing spread eagle and trying to lift your arm to get it free from a defender draped over your back are.

You're just about on the same level as Falcon and Blackout these days with respect to being able to carry on a meaningful basketball conversation.

How long before the post claiming Omer Asik is one of the top 5-8 pure centers in the league?

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but setting a screen while standing spread eagle and trying to lift your arm to get it free from a defender draped over your back are.

You're just about on the same level as Falcon and Blackout these days with respect to being able to carry on a meaningful basketball conversation.

How long before the post claiming Omer Asik is one of the top 5-8 pure centers in the league?

You are worse than them... you would mention none of this had the Knicks not BLOWN the game...

I hope the Knicks suck again soon... their fans are such big crybabies... I forgot how bad it was...

You are worse than them... you would mention none of this had the Knicks not BLOWN the game...

I hope the Knicks suck again soon... their fans are such big crybabies... I forgot how bad it was...

Since you appear to have difficulty reading, I openly stated that the Knicks were plagued by poor coaching and on-court decision-making down the stretch. Regardless of that fact, there is no reason whatsoever to make a call in that situation.

Both players - star players, no less - were tangled-up with each other and no positional advantage was gained, despite Pierce's histrionics. If Piece had fallen down or had Melo spun around him toward the basket, then you have a case to blow the whistle. As it went down, it was completely unnecessary and altered the outcome of the game, which is something I always hate to see, regardless of the teams involved. The fact that the Celtics got their best clutch shooter a wide-open 3-pt attempt on the next possession that was the result of Garnett doing a split makes the Melo call and the subsequent non-call that much worse to me.

And yes, even if Melo hit the horrible shot he chucked up at the end, I would still bring up the officiating, as I don't believe in results-oriented analysis in any situation.

Since you appear to have difficulty reading, I openly stated that the Knicks were plagued by poor coaching and on-court decision-making down the stretch. Regardless of that fact, there is no reason whatsoever to make a call in that situation.

Both players - star players, no less - were tangled-up with each other and no positional advantage was gained, despite Pierce's histrionics. If Piece had fallen down or had Melo spun around him toward the basket, then you have a case to blow the whistle. As it went down, it was completely unnecessary and altered the outcome of the game, which is something I always hate to see, regardless of the teams involved. The fact that the Celtics got their best clutch shooter a wide-open 3-pt attempt on the next possession that was the result of Garnett doing a split makes the Melo call and the subsequent non-call that much worse to me.

And yes, even if Melo hit the horrible shot he chucked up at the end, I would still bring up the officiating, as I don't believe in results-oriented analysis in any situation.

What you are saying is essentially you wanted the refs to make a no-call in order to help the Knicks win.

ridiculous

You are the worst argument person ever.

No, I just know it was a good call. Obviously Pierce flopped a bit, as does EVERY single player to ever play basketball has, but the fact is that Carmelo threw an elbow, and gained an advantage by doing it. That's a foul, no matter how you look at it. I for one like to see the refs let the players play, but blowing the whistle was not the wrong call whatsoever. I can't sit here and argue with you, because you're just being ignorant saying that the Celtics suck and they reason they won was the refs, which is wrong. We're the better team, and that's why we won down the stretch. But you're reply to this will just be "no, Pierce is an actress", so I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, as like I said, you just have sour grapes. WE WON, GET OVER IT. STOP BEING A CRYBABY.

No, I just know it was a good call. Obviously Pierce flopped a bit, as does EVERY single player to ever play basketball has, but the fact is that Carmelo threw an elbow, and gained an advantage by doing it. That's a foul, no matter how you look at it. I for one like to see the refs let the players play, but blowing the whistle was not the wrong call whatsoever. I can't sit here and argue with you, because you're just being ignorant saying that the Celtics suck and they reason they won was the refs, which is wrong. We're the better team, and that's why we won down the stretch. But you're reply to this will just be "no, Pierce is an actress", so I'm not even going to bother arguing with you, as like I said, you just have sour grapes. WE WON, GET OVER IT. STOP BEING A CRYBABY.

You'd better hope you can parlay your success as a Purple Raider into a spot in the Arena League, because any career that requires reading is going to be rough sledding.

Have we at least established that Omer Asik is a top 5-6 center in the league? Can we agree on that?

Keep making fun of the Turk... watch your back though... they are crazy...

He is not a top 5-6 center as you know but he would be getting at least double the minutes on a lot of other teams.

When I got in my car this morning. Bowen was on with Mike & Mike this morning and they said it was actually the last 7 possessions during which Amar'e didn't have a touch.

My biggest problem with the call on Melo is that on the ensuing possession, Garnett trips Toney Douglas, leaving the most clutch shooter in the game wide open for the go-ahead 3. Either swallow your whistle on both ends or make a call on each team. You cannot, however, give one team what could amount to a 5-point swing at the end of a tight game - regardless of the poor coaching and decision-making that helped sink the Knicks.

And Amare had come to play last night and thats purely on coaching. Which was awful in the last minute!

The thing about the offensive foul call on Melo if it hadn't been called nobody would have thunk twice about it no matter the end result of the game. That's because you see that kind of play like ten thousand times a season and no calls are made!

When I get home, I think I'm going to have an in-depth conversation regarding queuing theory with my 5-year old, as it will be far more productive than discussing basketball in this forum.

They will tell you to stop crying and call a whhhammmbulance.

You'd better hope you can parlay your success as a Purple Raider into a spot in the Arena League, because any career that requires reading is going to be rough sledding.

Care to elaborate?

Since you clearly demonstrated that you have no understanding of the meaning of irony, judging by the rep the original post received, this would be a textbook example of dramatic irony.

And Amare had come to play last night and thats purely on coaching. Which was awful in the last minute!

It was disgusting and clearly highlighted how little emphasis is put on an offensive gameplan by this coaching staff. Someone might want to send Pringles a memo that Steve Nash isn't running the point for this team.

We need a better X's and O's guy in here... I think Mike Brown is available.

Rondo is ok. But after having to follow Paul's act yesterday I don't get how anyone could even think of mentioning the two in the same breath.

The only circumstances under which that would be acceptable would be if you were saying the exact following sentence: Rajon Rondo and Chris Paul are both starting point guards in the NBA.

That's it.

Since you clearly demonstrated that you have no understanding of the meaning of irony, judging by the rep the original post received, this would be a textbook example of dramatic irony.

Obviously you have no understanding of the meaning of irony. Why bother even arguing with you...you're just trying to "get" me, and it's not working.

its fun to hear you idiots bashing Pierce and Rondo

first Rondo is "over rated" because he plays with 3 HOFers (and now Shaq, a 4th HOFer)

now its "Pierce is a bum"

sounds like Knick fans are a buncha ******* idiots when it comes to basketball if you ask me.

The only circumstances under which that would be acceptable would be if you were saying the exact following sentence: Rajon Rondo and Chris Paul are both starting point guards in the NBA.

That's it.

Show some respect. After Bob Cousy and Dennis Johnson, Rondo is the third best point guard to ever play with three Hall of Famers in Celtics franchise history.

its fun to hear you idiots bashing Pierce and Rondo

first Rondo is "over rated" because he plays with 3 HOFers (and now Shaq, a 4th HOFer)

now its "Pierce is a bum"

sounds like Knick fans are a buncha ******* idiots when it comes to basketball if you ask me.

Exactly.

....speaking of point guards, looks like Chauncey is out for game 2. Either the Knicks rally around this deficit or they will look like lost tourists trying to navigate their way around the New York City Subway System.

My friend sent me this link, which only served to aggravate me, because it shows that it was more egregious than I remembered it in real-time. If you're going to call that ticky-tack off-ball foul, then you have to call a hip check that would make Bobby Orr proud.

That's pretty absurd.

....speaking of point guards, looks like Chauncey is out for game 2. Either the Knicks rally around this deficit or they will look like lost tourists trying to navigate their way around the New York City Subway System.

At this point, they're trading one guy who chucks up bad shots and never gets Stat the ball in a position to score for another.

crickets%2Bchirping%25252Cjpg.gif

Although I ultimately agree with you. Unless TD gets hot and goes off for 20+, he really is a liability when trying to run the offense. In order to win this series I figured the Knicks had to take one of the two in Boston and stealing game 1 was probably their best bet. Should be a fun rest of the series.

Pierce, Allen and KG are all first ballot Hall of Famers. Is it really that difficult a concept for Celtics fans that their point guard, who might as well try and start shooting lefty, isnt as good as you make him out to be?

Rondo isnt that good. It really isnt that big of a deal.

My friend sent me this link, which only served to aggravate me, because it shows that it was more egregious than I remembered it in real-time. If you're going to call that ticky-tack off-ball foul, then you have to call a hip check that would make Bobby Orr proud.

How dare you bring real evidence into this discussion. It only hurts the fantasies and feelings of the Celtic cheerleaders on this board!

Archived