OK, I'm Sick Of This Crap Already

SoFlaJets

Since this lockout deal I'm spending less and less time on the computer. I need me some Jets stuff to happen. Baseball just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I think it's different being a Yankees fan when you live up there than it is being in south Florida, and I have no desire (or the money) to purchase the DTV MLB package..

Since this lockout deal I'm spending less and less time on the computer. I need me some Jets stuff to happen. Baseball just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I think it's different being a Yankees fan when you live up there than it is being in south Florida, and I have no desire (or the money) to purchase the DTV MLB package..

Well, you are in Florida. I hear there are a lot of things to do there for a retiree. ;)

This lockout is one of the best things to happen in a while. If we can only get it to cancel the entire 2011 season, we can go an entire calender year without worrying about the Jets sh*tting the bed and disappointing us.

2 years in a row in the AFC Championship game and losing is a disappointment but its not sh*tting the bed..... :angry:

SFJ buy a metal detector and scour the beaches much more action than you will see this off-season.

This offseason has been treacherous. Usually we'd be debating who our draft pick should be, or we'd be discussing our shiny new free agent aquisition. This lockout bullsh*t has fuxked up our entire offseason discussion. I now resort to posting semi-explicit pix of myself just to get a thread going. Come on NFL get the sh*t together.

This lockout is one of the best things to happen in a while. If we can only get it to cancel the entire 2011 season, we can go an entire calender year without worrying about the Jets shitting the bed and disappointing us.

If the past two years have been disappointing to you I am not sure what to say. Sure the day after the losses it was disappointing but all in all the last two years have been amazing. They have set the footprint for this franchise and the best days are right around the corner.

If the past two years have been disappointing to you I am not sure what to say. Sure the day after the losses it was disappointing but all in all the last two years have been amazing. They have set the footprint for this franchise and the best days are right around the corner.

Herm Edwards will win the SB as HC of the NYJ

Me either.

Its painful to watch a whole game.

The Yankees have ruined MLB.

I remember when I was a kid you could watch a whole 9 inning game sometimes in under 2 hours-now they go on longer than double overtime football games. All those long lingering shots of managers and coaches in the dugouts chewing gum or spitting out sunflower seeds or tabacco between every pitch just makes it unwatchable any more for me

I remember when I was a kid you could watch a whole 9 inning game sometimes in under 2 hours-now they go on longer than double overtime football games. All those long lingering shots of managers and coaches in the dugouts chewing gum or spitting out sunflower seeds or tabacco between every pitch just makes it unwatchable any more for me

Its not exciting at all.

And, with 162 games the season never ends.

This offseason has been treacherous. Usually we'd be debating who our draft pick should be, or we'd be discussing our shiny new free agent aquisition. This lockout bullsh*t has fuxked up our entire offseason discussion. I now resort to posting semi-explicit pix of myself just to get a thread going. Come on NFL get the sh*t together.

Did I miss the pics? :P

How do you not find a 4-hour, meaningless, mid-April baseball game on tv exciting? Freak.

Did I miss the pics? :P

That's all I come here for!

save up your energy dude, once the league gives the green light, it's gonna be non-stop news for 3 weeks

Personally I don't see the light going green for well over a month. The players aren't giving an inch, and the owners want a mile. In the mean time I'll watch baseball and Nascar.

I don't know why they refuse to speed up the game. The batter's time outs are just ridiculous. Outside of injury or some other complication, if the pitcher throws a pitch and you're not ready that should be your problem. They shouldn't even have to throw the ball back between pitches, there should be a few balls that the pitcher has next to him, like in a box or something, and after he throws one he can get the next one, the catcher just tosses it aside and some ballboy gathers them and runs a box back and forth between innings or in an inning if the box gets used up.

Baseball is a really good game when it's actually being played. Instead we get stalling. Maybe we need to get a timer or something involved too, or cut some innings. Something really has to be done however as the game has been turned into a joke awhile ago.

I don't know why they refuse to speed up the game. The batter's time outs are just ridiculous. Outside of injury or some other complication, if the pitcher throws a pitch and you're not ready that should be your problem. They shouldn't even have to throw the ball back between pitches, there should be a few balls that the pitcher has next to him, like in a box or something, and after he throws one he can get the next one, the catcher just tosses it aside and some ballboy gathers them and runs a box back and forth between innings or in an inning if the box gets used up.

Baseball is a really good game when it's actually being played. Instead we get stalling. Maybe we need to get a timer or something involved too, or cut some innings. Something really has to be done however as the game has been turned into a joke awhile ago.

The pitching changes are killer. Lots more pitching changes burn clock. Pitchers used to go the distance routinely & now it's unusual, even for a team's #1 and #2 starters.

3142229106_59ec03aacc_o.jpg.

Pitching changes take time. The catcher's walk to the mound, the pitching coach's walk to the mound, then they chat for a bit while the RP starts throwing in the bullpen, then they walk back, then another batter or a few more pitches (or until the RP is warmed up), then the catcher again goes to the mound and now the mgr walks to the mound also, then more chatter, then the RP comes in, then he warms up on the mound... it takes time to get a pitcher out of the game, and it's like slow torture to watch. When you're changing pitchers more often it makes the game last longer. And they most definitely are changing pitchers more often:

1120281943_69e6ab988f.jpg?v=0

It's a guess, but the dip from the 60s-70s is probably from the shift from 4-man rotations to 5-man rotations.

But it's not even the average per game. There were more CG's before, meaning the concentration of pitching changes were made in a smaller number of games.

also, SE the batters are given way too much leeway. It's that Derek Jeter thing of holding his right hand up to the umpire after every pitch. I remember those Red Sox Yankees games from the 60's. Luis Tiant would wind and throw, get the ball right back and do it again whether the batter was ready or not. Some of those games lasted under 2 hours. A 3 hour game was unheard of unless it maybe went 21 innings. Also, there are way too many appeals to the 1st base umpire. In the end it has made it virtually impossible for me to sit and watch a full game withOUT changing the channel

also, SE the batters are given way too much leeway. It's that Derek Jeter thing of holding his right hand up to the umpire after every pitch. I remember those Red Sox Yankees games from the 60's. Luis Tiant would wind and throw, get the ball right back and do it again whether the batter was ready or not. Some of those games lasted under 2 hours. A 3 hour game was unheard of unless it maybe went 21 innings. Also, there are way too many appeals to the 1st base umpire. In the end it has made it virtually impossible for me to sit and watch a full game withOUT changing the channel

Tiant could also throw 15-20 complete games in a year (a couple of times over 20). Lots of guys could, and could in a 4-man rotation no less. Now it's unusual for an entire team to have half that total from all their starters combined. Last year the league average - per team, not per player - was 5 and half, and no team had 15. What a bunch of sissymary faggots. The game is intolerably long and these guys are intolerably coddled.

Football games are longer than baseball games though. College football games take 5 hours.

Play, play, play, punt, commercial. Play, play, score, commercial. Kickoff, commercial.

90% of the "plays" in baseball, that interrupt the breaks in the action, are pitches for balls & strikes. In other words, 95% of the time spent watching a baseball game nothing is happening. Even when there is a play to be made, how many people are moving at the same time? 2? The runner and the guy fielding the ball? Football is just a more exciting sport, even with the breaks in the action. It's also more tolerable for 22 guys to take breaks in between when it's such a physical sport. Including the batter, 7 of the 10 guys on the field are doing nothing for 95% of the game. It's just a boring sport to begin with. All the extra-long breaks in the action now compared to 20+ years ago makes it unwatchable for me.

90% of the "plays" in baseball, that interrupt the breaks in the action, are pitches for balls & strikes. In other words, 95% of the time spent watching a baseball game nothing is happening. Even when there is a play to be made, how many people are moving at the same time? 2? The runner and the guy fielding the ball? Football is just a more exciting sport, even with the breaks in the action. It's also more tolerable for 22 guys to take breaks in between when it's such a physical sport. Including the batter, 7 of the 10 guys on the field are doing nothing for 95% of the game. It's just a boring sport to begin with. All the extra-long breaks in the action now compared to 20+ years ago makes it unwatchable for me.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I love baseball, and I can enjoy the game for what it is. But it isn't for everyone. It's slow. But still, the game moves faster than a football game in terms of time it takes to complete.

And football is by far my favorite sport.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I love baseball, and I can enjoy the game for what it is. But it isn't for everyone. It's slow. But still, the game moves faster than a football game in terms of time it takes to complete.

And football is by far my favorite sport.

It's not torture if I'm at the game. That's the best I can say. It's also ok if I'm in a bar and the game is on, where I'm doing something else and can casually watch out of the corner of my eye.

But to sit in front of a TV and have a baseball game be the sole focus of my attention? Ugh.

I used to be a big baseball fan when I was younger. Not it puts me to sleep.

It's not torture if I'm at the game. That's the best I can say. It's also ok if I'm in a bar and the game is on, where I'm doing something else and can casually watch out of the corner of my eye.

But to sit in front of a TV and have a baseball game be the sole focus of my attention? Ugh.

I used to be a big baseball fan when I was younger. Not it puts me to sleep.

Same for me SE...I used to live and die, laugh and cry during Yankees' games-now if I watch 5 full games in a season that's a lot-even the playoffs and world series-I still channel surf during the never-ending pauses in the action. I'll go back maybe an hour later or when there's a commercial break in the Rockford Files to see what I missed. The best way for me to "watch" a game these days though is to watch something on my DVR and switch back and watch what happened in fast motion to see how they scored.

Archived