***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

so the kid wore #12 for namath, his dad's favorite all time player, and he gets picked by the jets. I wonder how long it will be before Joe calls his dad ?

I love me some sanchez, but I'm thinking about an affair with greg :D

it's real nice to hear how excited these kids are to be jets

I remember when the jets had to over pay free agents by 20% to get them to come here

cheers !!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the kid wore #12 for namath, his dad's favorite all time player, and he gets picked by the jets. I wonder how long it will be before Joe calls his dad ?

I love me some sanchez, but I'm thinking about an affair with greg :D

it's real nice to hear how excited these kids are to be jets

I remember when the jets had to over pay free agents by 20% to get them to come here

cheers !!!!

Great post and another reason to love Rex. The culture of winning and Rex's ability to get guys on board is something we haven;t had in my lifetime and I hope it stays.

Mark Sanchez says Scotty McKnight will be “a steal”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2011, 5:50 PM EDTmark-sanchez-pic1.jpg?w=250 We were intrigued by the news that Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez made an appearance at the Colorado Pro Day workout, so that he could throw the ball to boyhood friend and former Buffaloes receiver Scotty McKnight.

So we decided to talk to Sanchez about McKnight, and about their friendship.

Sanchez told PFT by phone that they’ve been friends since grade school. They were ball boys at Santa Margarita High School when Carson Palmer played quarterback there, and they have worked out with Bob Johnson. They played at different high schools and colleges, but Sanchez and McKnight and their families have remained close.

McKnight’s current goal is to join Sanchez at the NFL level.

“He’s the best guy who didn’t go to the Combine,” Sanchez said regarding McKnight. “He didn’t drop a ball [at the Pro Day workout]. He’d be a steal for someone.”

McKnight ran a speedy 4.46 and 4.48 in the 40-yard dash. (If the surface is perceived to be a fast one, scouts likely will add time to the number.)

Gil Brandt of NFL.com thinks that Sanchez’s involvement at the Pro Day workout could get McKnight, a walk-on who became the Buffaloes all-time receiving leader, picked in round seven.

And we’ve got a feeling that Sanchez’s current team could be interested in giving the quarterback a weapon with whom he feels incredibly comfortable.

Presumably comfortable enough to wipe a booger on his coat.

Mark Sanchez throws at Colorado Pro Day

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2011, 3:23 PM EDTmarksanchez-e1302229815358.jpg?w=216 Getty Images NFL scouts who turned out to today’s Colorado Pro Day observed something unexpected: Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez throwing passes in wide receiver drills.

The Denver Post reports that Sanchez was throwing to wide receiver Scotty McKnight, a close friend since childhood.

Sanchez said last year that he thinks McKnight is going to be a good NFL player.

He’s pretty good, man,” Sanchez said. “I think he’s like a Wes Welker. He’s smart. He studies. He knows football really well. He definitely has a coach’s feel for the game.”

McKnight was timed in the 4.47-second range in the 40-yard dash.

So apparently now not only does Rex Ryan get one pick in the draft, Sanchez gets one too.

It's not that so much as that Sanchez has thrown to him and will continue to work with him during a lockout. That's not negligible considering the stay and the fact that we don't actually have any receivers at the moment.

I like this pick so much better knowing that Sanchez wanted him.

Why not just wait and get this guy as an UDFA? I doubt he was getting drafted and we could have picked him up as an UDFA to be Marks bunkmate at Cortland this year

Why not just wait and get ANY guy as a UDFA in the 7th? You never know who is going to get taken. You think there's that much of a difference between Scotty and the average 7th rounder? LMAO

Why not just wait and get ANY guy as a UDFA in the 7th? You never know who is going to get taken. You think there's that much of a difference between Scotty and the average 7th rounder? LMAO

No a$$hole, I think the difference is we already had a leg up on this guy as an UDFA. He was going to come to camp because Sanchez anyway, our 7th rounder should have been used on somebody we're going to have trouble competing for with other teams to bring into training camp.

Archived