***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly if you think about it this is a good move, Clemens sucks, Brunell sucks, Ainge is a junkie. If Sanchez goes out for a game or two like he has then it's nice to know you have a guy with upside on the bench.

Still want Herzlich though. Teams must be soooo scared off if they are not willing to take a risk at this point.

McElroy is essentially an ideal backup quarterback, you know he's going to bust his a$$ too and he seems like the kind of guy who's tough to doubt. When you take a guy in the 7th round and he can backup your franchise QB for the foreseeable future along with being a good locker room presence that's pretty nice, and maybe they get lucky and he manages to work himself to the point where another team wants to trade for him and you can flip him for a higher pick. Like the floor and ceiling here for a 7th rounder.

Awesome, Awesome pick. I am not an Alabama fan, but this is a kid that is easy to root for. A Rhodes Scholar finalist and a winner. You can hear it when he speaks, he is oozing intelligence and a winning attitude and he wants to be here. Plus, he has game enough to have a hottie sitting with him during the draft.

Honestly if you think about it this is a good move, Clemens sucks, Brunell sucks, Ainge is a junkie. If Sanchez goes out for a game or two like he has then it's nice to know you have a guy with upside on the bench.

Still want Herzlich though. Teams must be soooo scared off if they are not willing to take a risk at this point.

I hope they take him with the 227 pick :-(

That would make me happy

Awesome, Awesome pick. I am not an Alabama fan, but this is a kid that is easy to root for. A Rhodes Scholar finalist and a winner. You can hear it when he speaks, he is oozing intelligence and a winning attitude and he wants to be here. Plus, he has game enough to have a hottie sitting with him during the draft.

Her gum to teeth ratio disturbed me slightly.

This. Except for the part about waiting two games.

Yikes. When you think about it, he's the kind of guy (like Pennington) who will give coaches a hard-on during practice by making the right read nine times out of ten. Meanwhile, Sanchez plays like he's in a playground.

Yikes. When you think about it, he's the kind of guy (like Pennington) who will give coaches a hard-on during practice by making the right read nine times out of ten. Meanwhile, Sanchez plays like he's in a playground.

Pros:

1. not Sanchez

2. that stuff

I loved the McElroy pick. Guy has lost 3 games in his life and is a Rhodes scholar finalist. Put up a great TD/int ratio last 2 years and has been clutch in big spots. He will be our back up this year for sure and let's face it, we all probably feel a little better about an upgrade there

LOL! McElroy with his family/friends taking a drink to the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS chant!

hey Sto-you're also watching ESPN that chime they use after a pick is in-I think it's 'See You In September' by Lou Christie-do you know the song?

I loved that Jets chant to some good vino. I like the kid already

Let's just hope he's not snorting lines to the Jets chants later like someone else we know.

No, seriously, I love to see this kind of stuff out of draft picks. Tape is really only as important as the attitude behind that tape. Felt pretty good about the way Mark handled himself after being drafted, and feeling somewhat similar here.

That was his mom.

The brunette next to him was his sister too, so apparently not much in the way of game that way - but still think it's a good pick. Very curious to see what happens with the next one, defense again, maybe OL or a TE who can block? I'd love to see a gamble on a pass rusher, a corner, or a safety with a little upside.

Nobody should be surprised by this pick. Tannenbaum has said repeatedly he subscribes to the Ron Wolf theory of constantly adding more young QBs into the mix and trying to take one every year. Last couple of years were only really an exception because of the Jets lack of late picks (particularly late picks), and even still they brought in a young guy in O'Connell. Between him, Clemens, Ainge, Ratliff and of course Sanchez, it's obviously something Tanny's serious about.

LOL, anyone hear Herm on ESPN talking about Chad, CMart and the Jets? This is kind of hilarious. Like he has any clue WTF he's talking about. LOL

Nobody should be surprised by this pick. Tannenbaum has said repeatedly he subscribes to the Ron Wolf theory of constantly adding more young QBs into the mix and trying to take one every year. Last couple of years were only really an exception because of the Jets lack of late picks (particularly late picks), and even still they brought in a young guy in O'Connell. Between him, Clemens, Ainge, Ratliff and of course Sanchez, it's obviously something Tanny's serious about.

LOL, anyone hear Herm on ESPN talking about Chad, CMart and the Jets? This is kind of hilarious. Like he has any clue WTF he's talking about. LOL

Yep, that's exactly what Minnesota needs to do, destroy Adrian Peterson and let Ponder make the safe 10 yard throw

Archived