• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bilal PowellNew York JetsRound 4, Pick 126

Position: RBClass: 4Sr

School: LouisvilleConference: Big East

HT: 5-10.5 WT: 207

40 Time: 4.56

Biography: All-Conference selection as a senior after posting a career numbers of 229/1405/11 on the ground and 18/158/3 as a pass catcher. Junior totals included 392 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

Positives: "Nice sized interior runner coming off a sensational campaign. Runs low to the ground, shows a burst through the hole, and does not go down without a fight. Works his runs, plays with quickness, and falls forward when tackled. Solid receiver out of the backfield. Resilient, keeps his feet moving up the field, and works runs hard."

Negatives: Must show better patience waiting for his blocks to develop. More of a one-speed back with marginal burst. Cannot cut back against the grain and loses momentum when he must immediately change direction.

Analysis: Powell was rated as a free agent coming into the season but has moved himself into the late rounds after a great senior campaign. He has the skills and style to be a third back on an NFL roster and should only get better as he completes his game

he must have been carrying one of the pats* backs when he ran that 40 time. he looks a hell of a lot faster with guys chasin him !!!

Perhaps this guy was somebody they targeted heading into the draft, and they were debating whether they should go after him now or wait on it too. I have a sneaking suspicion they might have liked the safety that Jacksonville reached a bit on too, but that's entirely speculation on my part.

They did actually bring Powell in for a workout, so there was some pre-meditation. It's gonna be interesting to see the motivation. I can't see LT being dumped, and unless McKnight is 300 lbs. and living in a hut on a beach in Fiji right now, you'd have to think he's safe. That led me to guess that Greene was in trouble, but as BG and Damaged pointed out, he's probably fine. Guess we'll see.

Bilal PowellNew York JetsRound 4, Pick 126

Position: RBClass: 4Sr

School: LouisvilleConference: Big East

HT: 5-10.5 WT: 207

40 Time: 4.56

Biography: All-Conference selection as a senior after posting a career numbers of 229/1405/11 on the ground and 18/158/3 as a pass catcher. Junior totals included 392 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

Positives: "Nice sized interior runner coming off a sensational campaign. Runs low to the ground, shows a burst through the hole, and does not go down without a fight. Works his runs, plays with quickness, and falls forward when tackled. Solid receiver out of the backfield. Resilient, keeps his feet moving up the field, and works runs hard."

Negatives: Must show better patience waiting for his blocks to develop. More of a one-speed back with marginal burst. Cannot cut back against the grain and loses momentum when he must immediately change direction.

Analysis: Powell was rated as a free agent coming into the season but has moved himself into the late rounds after a great senior campaign. He has the skills and style to be a third back on an NFL roster and should only get better as he completes his game

he must have been carrying one of the pats* backs when he ran that 40 time. he looks a hell of a lot faster with guys chasin him !!!

Pretty good 10 for a guy with marginal burst. I dunno how they can tell he's a solid receiver considering he caught about one ball a game. These things are stupid.

They carried 3 HBs and 2 FBs last season. Maybe it's 4 HB's and 1 FB this season? T-Rich is gone and LT has one year remaining on his deal. Maybe they keep this kid on the roster with the expectation of letting LT go next year.

If you look at the offense Rex likes to run, its ground and pound. I wanted them to pick a RB last year. I think LT stays this year from a leadership standpoint and then Greene, McKnight and Powell will be our 3 running backs.

LT, green, mcknight, powell and connor?. that means we cant carry four TEs and two kickers this year.

LT, green, mcknight, powell and connor?. that means we cant carry four TEs and two kickers this year.

Damn. I love carrying 4 TEs. Especially when only one of them can catch and run and the other three are marginal blockers at best.

Didn't actually give up a pick either, just exchanged our pick in the 6th for a 7th, so still 6 selections. Think Kerley can make an impact in the return game and as a slot if only one of Holmes/Edwards is re-signed.

wow after watching his film, he runs like a young LT. :D

Another thing TN-after watching a couple of different videos here on Powell my son made a great point; he has excellent vision. Watch that YouTube you can see it clearly.

Another thing TN-after watching a couple of different videos here on Powell my son made a great point; he has excellent vision. Watch that YouTube you can see it clearly.

Almost all of the reports I read after we drafted him highlighted his vision and ability to find holes. I think he will be good with our O-line, the more I read about him the more I like the pick.

Archived