Mavs Lakers series

Blackout

Its pretty bad. Dirk is usually his own worst enemy in the playoffs, but the Lakers just have nobody that can guard him. Its like men vs boys. SInce he is not self destructing he is just wiping them out. The Lakers lack of range is killing them. They simply cant match 3s with 2s and the Mavs are knocking the 3s down. Gasol just looks shot. He has no legs and mentally looks to have checked out. What will be interesting in teh future is to see what the Lakers do with Bynum. The kid is a real throwback type but its going to be tough to get Kobe to defer and play inside out, but Bynum if he can stay healthy can be a legit dominant center in the NBA.

The chuckleheads on the Mothership keep talking about the Lakers being lazy or disinterested or lacking intensity or turning the switch on too late, but the fact no one's mentioning is that because of the playoff runs, the Lakers have played 5 seasons' worth of games in the last 4 (and that's not counting the international tourneys for Kobe and Gasol). I think they're just completely exhausted.

It's to the point that you almost feel bad for Gasol. Kobe's screaming at him, Phil's punching him in the chest, announcers are picking on him. If he's having a crisis of confidence, there's no way he's climbing out of it with all that going on around him.

The chuckleheads on the Mothership keep talking about the Lakers being lazy or disinterested or lacking intensity or turning the switch on too late, but the fact no one's mentioning is that because of the playoff runs, the Lakers have played 5 seasons' worth of games in the last 4 (and that's not counting the international tourneys for Kobe and Gasol). I think they're just completely exhausted.

Was talking about this with a buddy yesterday re: Kobe and Garnett. Factor in that they've been playing 82-game seasons since HS and the amount of playoff games played, Kobe's played like an extra 2 and 1/2 seasons' worth of games alone in postseason games, (he's 3 years younger than Allen and has like 100 more games under his belt total). They're both old as dogsh*t by NBA standards.

lol these guys are more conditioned than 99% of human beins on this planet

i think it's just a team that met it's match

All of the guys in the NBA are elite athletes and as such, usually very well conditioned. But the human body, elite athlete or not, can only undergo so much physical exertion before it just says "enough" and won't react as it's usually capable of doing.

All of the guys in the NBA are elite athletes and as such, usually very well conditioned. But the human body, elite athlete or not, can only undergo so much physical exertion before it just says "enough" and won't react as it's usually capable of doing.

Simmons put it best. For two straight series now, Kobe hasn't been the best player on the court. Up until very recently, that was literally never the case.

Have you possibly considered that maybe it's just beacuse the Lakers never faced the Dirk-era Mavs in a playoff series before and have absolutely NO answer for both Dirk and Terry?

I have, and I've come to the same conclusion: if playoff history had been totally different, playoff history would have been totally different.

Nah. It takes its toll. Its a big reason why in the NFL, which is more physical than b-ball (and the NBA is a physical league), teams go up and down so much. Its not just the extra games either, its the lack of rest for your body. You dont get the same timeframe to cool off. Most basketball athletes like to take around a full month off to just let their body heal before they begin workouts and when you go deep every year and play in other tournaments its tough to take the time off. Teams like LA can survive when you have the A+++ level star that can just turn it on in the playoffs and carry the team and let others feed off it (similar to the all world NFL QB). Kobe probably sacrificed a few years off his career with the playoff performances and decisions to play in things like the Olympics. Objectively I think people started to see the decline last year when he played against Durant, but they won the whole thing and people just shrugged that off. Give Barkley credit because he is the only guy on the planet that called this one. I thnk he felt that Dallas woulld win in 5 or 6. Said Gasol was not handing the fact that other teams are playing more physical with him well plus he was tired on the court. Said they didnt have the legs to play with an elite team and they had nobody that could guard Dirk. He also thought they didnt have the guard play to handle both Kidd and Terry.

Todays game is a team that has given up due to a 0-3 hole. I can only imagine what is going to go on in LA tomorrow when talking about this team. Gaso is going to get run out of town. There is going to be a Bynum/Kobe controversy started. Then they will talk about how there is no way to improve with Artest and Odom basically having no value anywhere else in the league.

Everyone is focused on the Lakers but it just may be that the Mavs are the best team in the NBA. They're certainly the deepest team. They have great flexibility to run, play halfcourt, score in the paint and from the outside, defend, and have a superstar playing at an elite level.

In a 7 game series I just don't see the Bulls, Heat, Celtics, or Thunder beating them.

Todays game is a team that has given up due to a 0-3 hole. I can only imagine what is going to go on in LA tomorrow when talking about this team. Gaso is going to get run out of town. There is going to be a Bynum/Kobe controversy started. Then they will talk about how there is no way to improve with Artest and Odom basically having no value anywhere else in the league.

If a Howard/Bynum+picksandwhatever deal isn't the talk of LA all summer, I'll be pretty surprised. I can't imagine another team willing to bother with Artest at this point. Gasol's been lapsing all season periodically like he did this series. Never seen a guy of his level just give up on playing in the postseason like that before.

How hilarious was the look on Artest's face after Bynum's cheap shot by the way? It was like he was vicariously living through it, and he just went into 'OK, I know how you need to handle this, been there 100 times' mode.

Heat-Mavs would be a great series.

The last time they played was a lifetime ago in December, but it was during the Heat's ultra-hot streak of winning 21 of 22 games. That lone loss? Against the Mavs in Miami.

I think the Mavs would win it in 6.

where are Thai Jet and Irish Jet?

worthless-a$$ bandwagoners :D

Honestly haven'treally followed the NBA much this season at all. Caught the games, the Lakers were simply awful. They had given up in the last game.

Hope the Mavs win it all, not that I really care either way.

Heat-Mavs would be a great series.

The last time they played was a lifetime ago in December, but it was during the Heat's ultra-hot streak of winning 21 of 22 games. That lone loss? Against the Mavs in Miami.

I think the Mavs would win it in 6.

Not when they assign Danny Crawford to every game...

Archived