Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

As you introduce yourself to the new guy some of you are comforted by his presence while others are weary.

Verb quickly slips away to ventures back into the darkness of the house...alone. As he distances himself from the group their voices become nothing but a low murmur. He thinks he's so smart...

Official Vote Count:

JiF (3): AVM, Jetcode, JF80

Verb (1): Jack

Dan X (1): Vic

JF80 (2): Primate. JiF

Jack (3): Slats, Verb, CTM

Slats (1): Duke

Not voting: Smash, Crusher, Pac, Brett, Dan, Lily, Sharrow, DPR

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Dead spirits who can't vote: BG, JVOR, Wombat

MOD NOTE: You can't kill the dead.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is odd, cause hess said the scenes were purely flavor.

Also think speculating on the attacky is potentially a bad idea. If the attacked knows it, and thinks it's a good play to come forward, he would've .. Jack's line seems almost like he's trying to figure out if it wa a doctor or 1 time vest he hit last night.. Normally don't like to vote off noobs early, but he doesn't feel like a noob to me, neither in mafia knowledge or how quickly he's acclimated to the name calling here..

vote Jack

Verb was the one suggesting the scenes meant something other then flavor.

In all honesty i was hinting around for the doc if and only if they healed themselves to come out an claim doc. The scum already know who you are and by claiming you make it so it's one less person we have to look at.

It's about the closest thing we can get to a Confirmed innocent. If it's a one time vest or the doc protected someone else then no they shouldn't come forward. The mafia is just going to target random people anyways. They mos likely won't go for someone who they tried to kill and it didn't work out

In all honesty i was hinting around for the doc if and only if they healed themselves to come out an claim doc. The scum already know who you are and by claiming you make it so it's one less person we have to look at.

It's about the closest thing we can get to a Confirmed innocent. If it's a one time vest or the doc protected someone else then no they shouldn't come forward. The mafia is just going to target random people anyways. They mos likely won't go for someone who they tried to kill and it didn't work out

No. Just no.

What if it was a vest? The WIFOM for the mafia here is good for the town. We do NOT want a Doc reveal unless we are lynching them. To suggest otherwise just makes me happy with my vote.

No. Just no.

What if it was a vest? The WIFOM for the mafia here is good for the town. We do NOT want a Doc reveal unless we are lynching them. To suggest otherwise just makes me happy with my vote.

Did yuo read his entire post /

Vote verbal

Bolding what you did to draw attention away from his intention is a scum move IMO

Meh, you even said you doubted there was a doc.. Seems like role fishing to me.. if there's no doc, then other claims can be safe.. just like last game..

Also, the cheering on a doc protect thing is one of the oldest scum tells in the book, fwiw

No. Just no.

Either way the mafia won't target the same player. There is to many other players out there.

How is the wifom good for the town?

Did yuo read his entire post /

Vote verbal

Bolding what you did to draw attention away from his intention is a scum move IMO

Hey dumbass, re-read my post. I don't want a Doc to reveal - Jack apparently does. I said the WIFOM is good for the town....what part of that was somehow missed?

Clearly you're not new to this game. Are Doc's told they were targeted in the games you generally play? Because to the best of my knowledge that's not the case here.

Hess has said that a lot of what he's putting into the scenes is flavor, but also that there are hints there to be found. That night scene clearly suggests the person targeted knows they were targeted.

Further, outside of that scene, the scum wouldn't know whether they hit a vest or a Doc or something else. It would be stupid for the Doc to out himself now, especially if he's needed later to protect a cop (if either of those roles exist in Hess' unpredictable head).

Either way the mafia won't target the same player. There is to many other players out there.

How is the wifom good for the town?

Because the mafia doesn't know if they hit a Doc or just a vest. So they might take another shot, and if it's the Doc, that's ANOTHER wasted NK......which is in the town's favor. Or perhaps the Doc will figure they won't take another shot, and maybe get lucky protecting another townie from a NK. Who knows? That's the point.

sp8.jpg?1303702765

Btw, FOS on Smashmouth for appearing to just join in with Jack to deflect some attention to me.

My mistake douche. I misread his second sentence thinking he was backing off. I believe your not immune to the occasional misunderstanding so relax with the dumbass comments.

I agree jack sems to be trying to out the doc which is a stupid thing for town to do.

Unvote Verbal

Vote Jack

If I were mafia I'd go for someone random. As long as your taking someone down it brings you closer to winning. If the doc reveals another wifom is created. By outing themselves the mafia team will have to debate if they will heal themselves since they are outed or if they will go for someone random. Same wifom we just know if there is a doc and there is one less person to look at. If there is an actual doc role then there are other actual roles and not items or other one shot abilities.

No the doc won't know if someone targeted them. But if they healed themselves and there was no nightfall then 2 + 2 = 4

The scene even though Hess said it was just for flavor suggested a night kill attempt happened. Hess said te use of players names were for flavor he said nothing about actions. So if we erred on the side of caution someone tried to kill someone and that kill failed. The person attempting the kill knows who they targeted and if there is a doc and the doc healed themselves then the doc was the target.

Verb finds what appears to be the cellar door and begins to open it. Just then he's grabbed by the shoulder and turned around. *SMACK* It's slats. "Get a hold of yourself and come back to the group. You'll get yourself killed running around here by yourself.

Meanwhile the Ape dressed in men's cloths has to go pee and finds the closest corner.

http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/32/mp3/762822_SOUNDDOGS__bl.mp3

Just then *SWOOOOOP* "Ouch! WTF!" He turns to look at CTM holding a dull butter knife in his hands. "Oh, er, sorry, I found this in the kitchen and thought I smelled a demon...but is what just you peeing."

The Primate touches the back of his neck a feels a small gush of blood. He looks at CTM in utter disdain. "Er, again sorry, I thought you were a demon."

Official Vote Count:

Jack (4): Slats, Verb, CTM, Smash

Not voting: Crusher, Pac, Brett, Dan, Lily, Sharrow, DPR

Dead spirits who can't vote: BG, JVOR, Wombat

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY 10:00 pm EST

MOD NOTE: NONE OF THESE SCENE WILL HELP YOU FIGURE OUT PLAYER ALIGNMENT. YOU MUST FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN. FIND THE DEMONS AND DESTROY THEM AND YOU'LL WIN THE GAME AND GET OUT OF HERE ALIVE.

Jack, my point is that a better WIFOM is if the mafia don't know if that player is the Doc. What if there is a roleblock available? Then perhaps they blow that in conjunction with a NK to eliminate who they thought was the Doc....to only kill a now roleless townie without their vest. See my point?

The more questions the mafia have, the better off the town is. Why this isn't ridiculously obvious is beyond me.

At this point, my thought is to protect the town in any way possible. There are obviously a few different dynamics that could be in play, and outing a town power role only narrows the field by one for the town, which doesn't really help with so many players on the board. It does help teh mafia though, and they're in no hurry to do anything this early on. No reveals unless absolutely necessary, and we have time, so let's just see what we can see. Maybe pressure the low-layers to post more.

I want to re-read again before I vote.

I'm agreeing more with verbal than Jack here. I do think I'd like to poke at Dan a bit more. Her aloofness is a scumtell to me. Typically she at least tries finding something in nothing but when she's scum she's just all "Lolz so lost" and disappears. I understand the rigors of her job but her past few games as town she's been more aggressive and meanwhile not active, takes a more poignant stance with her posts. Not so much "LULZ WTF GAIZ!!"

Hehe. For what it's worth, I'm leaning heavily towards this just being for fun and flavor.

@mod.. I'd like to kick jif in the nuts and punch him in the forehead three times, if fat crusher tries to intervene a karate punch to soloplexis will take the wind out of him.. After emerging victorious, I smack lilly in the butt and goose dan

I'll vote the stupid Ape

no reason.. no effin' clue what you people are babbling about. I should be able to read through this mess later tonight when they finally hook up my internet at the hacienda.

Jack, my point is that a better WIFOM is if the mafia don't know if that player is the Doc. What if there is a roleblock available? Then perhaps they blow that in conjunction with a NK to eliminate who they thought was the Doc....to only kill a now roleless townie without their vest. See my point?

The more questions the mafia have, the better off the town is. Why this isn't ridiculously obvious is beyond me.

There's a difference in opinions like there is a difference in playstyles. Apparently to Verbs doctrine of mafia I'm scum to you. And in my playbook you look scummy

There's a difference in opinions like there is a difference in playstyles. Apparently to Verbs doctrine of mafia I'm scum to you. And in my playbook you look scummy

Now THAT is something we can agree on.

To Vic:

spider-violate.jpg?1303612857

As CTM walks back to the group he here's a noise. He kicks JiF in the nuts, then punches him in the forehead three times. Crusher tries to intervene but gets a karate punch to soloplexis. He then goes over to smack Lily on the butt and gooses Dan X. "What the **** was that?" Both women look at each other and with one felt swoop of a kick to the nuts from both of them CTM falls to ground in excruciating pain. Crusher and JiF pick him up bring him down the long, dark hallway from which Verb and Slats just came, they open the cellar door, toss him in, and lock the door. "Where keeping you down there until you can control yourself," says JiF.

Official Vote Count:

Jack (4): Slats, Verb, CTM, Smash

Primate (1): Pac

Not voting: Crusher, Brett, Dan, Lily, Sharrow, DPR

DEADLINE IS FRIDAY 10:00 pm EST

Archived