Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Humanity’s Children Have Come Home…

Integrity28

Even though Jack got it right...but then said he didn't. And then never confirmed wtf he was talking about...and I killed JiF instead of Slats...slats became like the last guy I wanted to kill for some reaso.seriouslydont know why.

I guess if I had to live with killing two town partially on Jack's meltdown I would have killed myself.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cult - I'd say great job, but you really didnt have to do sh*t and Jack won the game for you. I'm not trying to take anything away, you dominated, but Dan entering the game to contribute 4 posts, is absolute utter bull sh*t and should never happen again. However, I'll never understand why nobody is willing to vote her. It was clearly obvious she was converted. Vic played the cult well, the rest of you were victim of circumstance or sh*tty play by the town. No offense.

I take great offense to this. When I was town, me and Vic were the only ones who pegged scum (Wombat). Then, even after I was converted, I celebrated the sh** out of that town victory. I played great. Hater.

Not to mention, no one ever caught on to slats. He was outstanding.

Yes, but taking out converts can lead you to the converter. That who I was nailed when I was the cult leader. It came down to me vs. 3 townies if I remember correctly and all their cases to vote me were based on my interactions with other players. Which wouldnt have matter if I actually had a decent chance at recruiting people.

+1

Dan's an obvious convert for me. As soon as she was added, I started thinking about converting her before she outed me. Had I known she'd be so AWOL, I probably wouldn't've converted her because she was such an obvious convert for me. :lol:

But you have to hit scum. EY's plea to kill 80 would've been mine as town, too.

Final thoughts:

Crusher was the town MVP. He investigated Wombat on N1, outed him on N2 and subsequently led to AVM showing town his a$$ by trying to bus himself on Wombat's train. After that, town never really sniffed a serious case on Slats or any of the converts.

Slats was the scum MVP. He didn't really have to do too much right, mostly he just didn't do anything wrong. He made what I felt were very obvious converts, but nobody questioned Dan and Vic. Really, nobody even case them a little. Mostly Slats stayed clear of all the town-on-town violence.

Hess is the Mod's choice. He had a bad and tough game, but he's still my homie and he makes me laugh. At one point he PM'ed me to find out if he was cylon or not, it was like D5 or something. Bad games... I've been there. :)

Best case of the game was by JF80. His case on Wombat was the ONLY true scum-hunting I saw all game. Then he got converted. haha

Reasons town lost:

1. They never lynched a single skinjob - and barely voted any either.

2. Good players bought into assumptions as though they were fact, and played lazy. I saw Sharrow at one point implicate CTM based on an end-game scenario in which Sharrow ingored the fact that there is a town vig. I also saw EY talk about there being conversions every other day while casing CTM, when if anyone had even kept track they's have known not to be the case.

3. This game had plenty of balance for town, but Hess killed teh Cop on N1 who was off to a terrific game, on the first night. Was he influenced by JIF's "Crusher is scum" outcry - which I'm sure JIF will deny now - who knows? Nobody even sniffed Slats, except Jack... who made a brilliant lie as town move, then tripped over himself and ****ed the town over royally. Really Jack? You came up with that plan and then ****ed up the "yes" and "no" part? Hahahahaha... I wanted you to be the hero there, but gosh dude... it was funny to watch you meltdown too.

Reasons scum won:

1. Slats, Dan and Vic are all coming off of epic scum wins this season... and not one of you cased them. Jack had to pull a stunt to try to take out Slats, and ended up making him look more town than before.

Comments on my setup:

I did my best to give you guys something you'd never seen before. I hope you can appreciate that.

I can't account for stupidity, luck and laziness in game balance... but I don't think for 1 second that this game didn't offer equal opportunities for both sides to win. It just comes down to people playing the mafia and not the mod and his setup. I saw more cases based on what I would or would not do with my setup, than I did cases about people being scummy.

I take great offense to this. When I was town, me and Vic were the only ones who pegged scum (Wombat). Then, even after I was converted, I celebrated the sh** out of that town victory. I played great. Hater.

Meh, you played well, but being the random convert with a PR, was bogus.

Slats was on plenty of peoples radar until the Jack fiasco. I played a big part into that as well, but Jack ****ed that up so bad I dont even know what to say. The worst part is, I was actually leaning toward killing Slats because Jack started revealing sh*t that lined up with my PM, but his flip flop made me think he was converted.

I thought Slats was the Vig at the time, but Hess could have countered that and boom.

Slats got a HUGE assist. Hard to hate, but hard to say he play outstanding or great for that matter, no offense Slats.

+1

Dan's an obvious convert for me. As soon as she was added, I started thinking about converting her before she outed me. Had I known she'd be so AWOL, I probably wouldn't've converted her because she was such an obvious convert for me. :lol:

But you have to hit scum. EY's plea to kill 80 would've been mine as town, too.

Thats why I wanted to continue down Dan's path even after the Jack fiasco. His flip flop ruined that...but still. It would have been obvious especially if Hess came out with a Vig reveal. You'd have jumped up my charts.

Conversion isn't a -1. It's a -2.

Think about it.

6 town, 4 scum. Town's up 2. If there's a conversion, it becomes 5T, 5S. Town and scum are tied.

I'm just shocked you can't do the math :lol::P

Note I made Scum play thought a full day/night cycle as thought the humans were teh home team and got last licks. The only reason the game made it to D7 was Hess shooting Smash.

Town had that as an advantage. Still made no difference.

Ape - with 5 scum 4 town, there's no way to lynch scum unless one scum team member votes for scum. They can simply all vote any townie they want (which is why when scum outnumbers town on a game day, it's game over.

I am quite aware of this, however scum knew that playing through a day/night cycle was required. A wrinkle I added to see how it would impact the game.

It's only my 2nd time modding - I did my best with it.

Really glad you joined us too, you EY, DPR, Crusher... it was a good time seeing all these heavy hitters in my game.

Final thoughts:

Crusher was the town MVP. He investigated Wombat on N1, outed him on N2 and subsequently led to AVM showing town his a$ by trying to bus himself on Wombat's train. After that, town never really sniffed a serious case on Slats or any of the converts.

Slats was the scum MVP. He didn't really have to do too much right, mostly he just didn't do anything wrong. He made what I felt were very obvious converts, but nobody questioned Dan and Vic. Really, nobody even case them a little. Mostly Slats stayed clear of all the town-on-town violence.

Hess is the Mod's choice. He had a bad and tough game, but he's still my homie and he makes me laugh. At one point he PM'ed me to find out if he was cylon or not, it was like D5 or something. Bad games... I've been there. :)

Best case of the game was by JF80. His case on Wombat was the ONLY true scum-hunting I saw all game. Then he got converted. haha

Reasons town lost:

1. They never lynched a single skinjob - and barely voted any either.

2. Good players bought into assumptions as though they were fact, and played lazy. I saw Sharrow at one point implicate CTM based on an end-game scenario in which Sharrow ingored the fact that there is a town vig. I also saw EY talk about there being conversions every other day while casing CTM, when if anyone had even kept track they's have known not to be the case.

3. This game had plenty of balance for town, but Hess killed teh Cop on N1 who was off to a terrific game, on the first night. Was he influenced by JIF's "Crusher is scum" outcry - which I'm sure JIF will deny now - who knows? Nobody even sniffed Slats, except Jack... who made a brilliant lie as town move, then tripped over himself and ****ed the town over royally. Really Jack? You came up with that plan and then ****ed up the "yes" and "no" part? Hahahahaha... I wanted you to be the hero there, but gosh dude... it was funny to watch you meltdown too.

Reasons scum won:

1. Slats, Dan and Vic are all coming off of epic scum wins this season... and not one of you cased them. Jack had to pull a stunt to try to take out Slats, and ended up making him look more town than before.

Comments on my setup:

I did my best to give you guys something you'd never seen before. I hope you can appreciate that.

I can't account for stupidity, luck and laziness in game balance... but I don't think for 1 second that this game didn't offer equal opportunities for both sides to win. It just comes down to people playing the mafia and not the mod and his setup. I saw more cases based on what I would or would not do with my setup, than I did cases about people being scummy.

I had Wombat and AVM pinned early. I was getting ready to make a move on 80 and then I got converted. Probably my best townie game and I got converted lol.

Reasons scum won:

I'll give Slats credit here, he didnt make a bad move all game which is all he really needed to do. Its was very Trent Dilfer-ish.

My case on Crusher was supposed to be a trap. Clearly I didnt think he was cop, but I didnt think he was scum either. I didnt even put a case together on him, I was just voting to see if anyone followed on a bogus case, which I do often. Whatever, dont care either way but thats the truth.

And I dont know how many times I said in game that Dan was my #1 convert target but nobody wanted to go there. That was about the only thing I got right all game.

I'll give Slats credit here, he didnt make a bad move all game which is all he really needed to do. Its was very Trent Dilfer-ish.

My case on Crusher was supposed to be a trap. Clearly I didnt think he was cop, but I didnt think he was scum either. I didnt even put a case together on him, I was just voting to see if anyone followed on a bogus case, which I do often. Whatever, dont care either way but thats the truth.

And I dont know how many times I said in game that Dan was my #1 convert target but nobody wanted to go there. That was about the only thing I got right all game.

Right there with you too brah. I believe prior to my conversion I put that out there as well. In the end this is one of those games were things fell in place for the scum team. That's mafia, it was fun and thanks to the ape for giving us an ambitious set-up.

sharrow was town to? Wow..

terrible game by town.. not unbalanced..

This. Town was loaded up with protections, kills and investigations... scum started with 3 players, limitations on how many conversions they could have (max 5 skinjobs active at any one time) and the 2 scum teams didn't know who each other were, other than AVM and Wombat knowing not to kill Slats.

The survivor and terrorist were there for kicks, but didn't disrupt balance. No scum hunting is what hurt town most, that and a couple key bad plays.

It could have easily broken either way.

Scum players did the obvious... they tried to convert and kill Sharrow first. Then went for Dan, Vic... If I'm town, my first thought is "which players will scum want on their team since they get to pick?"

Hahaha... then lesson learned for you. People think since its you and Crush that you have a tell on him, and if you call him out as scum... they are going to believe you.

Cop killer. :P

You were right about Dan, wrong about the rest... it happens... MVP.

So I just read the cult thread...Ape were you trying to help them win? Lots of hints you dropped them in there buddy. And I know you wanted me to take your place as the Most Valuable Primate. Luckily for me, everyone play awful this game. bwahahahahaha. You're title still remains and nobody cares what you did on DM.

wll played.. you wiggled out of jack's bluff.. and avoided committing to a reveal e ven though ey and I were pressuring you..

Not taking anything away from you guys, just trying to point out the game really wasn't that unbalanced.. town just made the wrong call at the most crucial moment.. it happens

By the way.

On your day, there were 11 people in the game. At that time, 5 were scum. Town would have needed to get everyone on the same page to vote for the same person, that's nearly impossible. And, literally, the only reason it looks somewhat reasonable is the fact that JF80 claimed scum. Had he not done that, all they needed was 1 town mistake and they win. Had town not all agreed to vote for the same person (which never happens), scum could have taken us to deadline too, and given us the chance to pick between you and random. And, we'd have gone you anyway.

JF80's claim only gave us a glimmer of hope where there was really none.

Hahaha... then lesson learned for you. People think since its you and Crush that you have a tell on him, and if you call him out as scum... they are going to believe you.

Cop killer. :P

You were right about Dan, wrong about the rest... it happens... MVP.

Definitely lesson learned. But like I said above, I harldy pulled a Most Valuable Primiate. There were too many to go around to give me that title alone.

Bullsh*t.

That's not to say he didn't play outstanding and deserve to win, because he did, but I was all over his a$$ before Jack's retardedness. It's the only thing I got right this game, so at least let me have that. :-P

You can't do math.

9 people, 5 scum, 4 human. You lynch 80 and NK Nae... its 7 people... 3 scum, 4 human. The only humans left were Sharrow, Doggin, EY and you. Doggin was 100% convertable, Sharrow 0% and EY and you were both 50% convertable.

He didn't end it sooner for you. He ended it for you, period.

The biggest flaw in this game is that town became fixated on setup dynamics and stopped voting for people because they were scummy, or good scum conversion targets. Anyway... setup coming.

Ummmm... And how do we lynch 80 when we can't get a majority on him?

Doesn't matter.

Numbers game. You put in a terrorist, that's one less town, and in all likelihood, takes out another town. You put in a survivor, that's one less town, and in all likelihood, takes out another town. Then, you have a vig who's basically shooting in the dark and is just as likely to kill town as scum, and all there was was the hope you'd be converted.

The only way to win is by getting lucky and nailing the converter early. Play this game 20 times, town wins once.

This simply isn't true.... You should read the setup before criticizing me.

Scum started with 3 players, and they Slats didnt' even know who his teammates were. Yeah, I had a Survivor and a Terrorist, but I also set it up where scum could kill scum. It just didn't happen. Meanwhile town never lynched a single skinjob... they only got AVM and Wombat because of Crusher. I cannot be held accountable in my setup for stupid plays and a lack of scum hunting.

Frak it, I'm not defending my setup to this... you haven't looked at it, and you've already deemed that the loss is on bad game design rather than bad game play.

Sour grapes. Welcome back. :rolleyes:

Definitely lesson learned. But like I said above, I harldy pulled a Most Valuable Primiate. There were too many to go around to give me that title alone.

I'm teasing you bro - cause I know you won't get all bent. Its definitely a joint effort this game.

Slats got a HUGE assist. Hard to hate, but hard to say he play outstanding or great for that matter, no offense Slats.

Not to sound like you, but I played awesome.

Everyone's crying about the setup, but I had an absolutely outstanding game, and really should be canonized based on my play as scum this year.

I scum-hunted right out of the gate - too well, as I was (unfortunately) right about Wombat. But going after him pretty hard on D1 and D2 helped me wiggle out of a couple potential jams.

I specifically targeted roleless townies for conversion. I didn't know what the odds for conversion were, but guessed (correctly) that roleless players should be easier to turn.

I gently pushed the town in the direction that they wanted to go. CTM was sure I was scum for voting him, but Doggin, Sharrow, and Hess were all on that train, too.

I scared Jack into reversing his field. Love the guy, and that was an awesome, fun, and crazy play, but I held my ground and won. :P

If I had been lynched or NK'd, I would've been revived for another day phase (and conversion attempt), but never needed that. My team reached five members, which the Ape set as the limit for the top number I could have at any given time in the game. Can't help it if you didn't manage to take out a single one of them before Smash hammered CTM.

Lots of things could've gone wrong for us but they didn't, because I am awesome.

Plus, I actually look just like this in drag:

tricia-helfer-2.jpg

Frakkin' whiners.... :lol:

Reasons scum won:

Comments on my setup:

The only thing that bothered me about this game was some of the complete disappearances, particularly by scum. I'm not always the most active player in the world, but I would never pull that and if you're just going to run and hide as scum, why bother playing? Either way, I don't think it really made a difference in the outcome, I just don't like that.

As far as the game goes, no matter what you try to do conversion games are ALWAYS going to be a sh*t show. There is literally nothing you can do about that. Plus, they don't happen a lot around here so people aren't used to them. I can think of 3 games we've ever had on this site that have had varying degrees of conversions (Dawn of the Dead, Thing and this - there may be others that I missed though), and all 3 were won by scum going away. It's just a completely different game and definitely not something a lot of people around here are comfortable with.

JiF, another reason I shot you was when you went back and forth that day with slats then the "wait unvote" thing.

I'm starting/trying to remember but I also shot you thinking if you're scum I got slats too. When you flipped town REALLY helped slats imo.

Nothing you did wrong but I recall this was one of the many things I was thinking wrong for shooting you.

My Crusher kill was just really bad luck/****up on my part.

But honestly I got over it pretty qucik as he also showed his cards with Wombat.horrible shot but I dealt.

I was REALLY pissed when I shot JiF and was wrong. All my logic was just wrong.

And although I was wrong on Chan the same case got Dpr and I was really headhunting for a "converter" and Chan's play fit. Oh well, didn't make anyone have to follow me.

Just an outstanding game by slats.

Ey played well too. I know people don't like his self vote but I would consider him town mvp up to that point. But never self vote hammer like that b/c you never know.

Best set up game ever. Scenes were amazing.

The only thing that bothered me about this game was some of the complete disappearances, particularly by scum. I'm not always the most active player in the world, but I would never pull that and if you're just going to run and hide as scum, why bother playing? Either way, I don't think it really made a difference in the outcome, I just don't like that.

As far as the game goes, no matter what you try to do conversion games are ALWAYS going to be a sh*t show. There is literally nothing you can do about that. Plus, they don't happen a lot around here so people aren't used to them. I can think of 3 games we've ever had on this site that have had varying degrees of conversions (Dawn of the Dead, Thing and this - there may be others that I missed though), and all 3 were won by scum going away. It's just a completely different game and definitely not something a lot of people around here are comfortable with.

Like I said. I played out of the gate as a convert for the scum win and played my normal game. This weekend screwed me. That's when I disappeared, due to family being here. No offense, not gonna log on and put in lots of time when I have to entertain family.

Ummmm... And how do we lynch 80 when we can't get a majority on him?

I designed the game so that every day/night cycle had to be completed. So, after they converted Nae and re-took the numbers advantage - I let play commence. Scum didn't all just pile on someone for the win, so its possible that if all 4 townies voted for 1 person that scum could have made a stupid move and voted with town, then you go into night and Hess NK's scum... turns the game around.

It was actually a game mechanic that afforded town a chance at capitalizing on a dumb play by scum, which, however unlikely, could have happened.

Like I said. I played out of the gate as a convert for the scum win and played my normal game. This weekend screwed me. That's when I disappeared, due to family being here. No offense, not gonna log on and put in lots of time when I have to entertain family.

+1

Dan was MIA, but she was before I converted her. Vic, and everyone else, were good sports and came to play.

I hope you guys all had fun - enjoyed the scenes and were challenged by the setup.

Good game to all. Thanks for playing. :)

Hey, I appreciate the game. While I do think it was nearly impossible for town to win, it was fun and I appreciate the work you put into it, realizing you can't really know if a game is perfect without seeing it played.

You're right. I did not research, and I got it in my head that conversions were an every other day thing. We didn't make any real moves based on that however, and it was quickly corrected so it wasn't a big deal. The fact is, when I used to play, games never reached 130 pages, and I just don't have it in me to go back through them all to look for little things. Maybe I shouldn't play again based on that, but it's just too much of a commitment at this point. Especially so when you have a handful of players who don't even bother to show up.

I hear you, and I wasn't even really singling out anyone individually, and certainly not you (you seemed to be playing plenty when I was still in the game, and I wasn't really keeping up too great once dead). I just noticed that the final scum team had some excessively low posts counts dabbled in there. It is what it is, just my opinion. Like I said, I'm not exactly ever rocking the highest post count in the game, but I just don't get this theory of running and hiding, I'd much rather die trying then live hiding.

Everyone's crying about the setup, but I had an absolutely outstanding game, and really should be canonized based on my play as scum this year.

I scum-hunted right out of the gate - too well, as I was (unfortunately) right about Wombat. But going after him pretty hard on D1 and D2 helped me wiggle out of a couple potential jams.

I specifically targeted roleless townies for conversion. I didn't know what the odds for conversion were, but guessed (correctly) that roleless players should be easier to turn.

I gently pushed the town in the direction that they wanted to go. CTM was sure I was scum for voting him, but Doggin, Sharrow, and Hess were all on that train, too.

I scared Jack into reversing his field. Love the guy, and that was an awesome, fun, and crazy play, but I held my ground and won. :P

If I had been lynched or NK'd, I would've been revived for another day phase (and conversion attempt), but never needed that. My team reached five members, which the Ape set as the limit for the top number I could have at any given time in the game. Can't help it if you didn't manage to take out a single one of them before Smash hammered CTM.

Lots of things could've gone wrong for us but they didn't, because I am awesome.

tricia-helfer-2.jpg

This post is what mafia should be all about.

This simply isn't true.... You should read the setup before criticizing me.

Scum started with 3 players, and they Slats didnt' even know who his teammates were. Yeah, I had a Survivor and a Terrorist, but I also set it up where scum could kill scum. It just didn't happen. Meanwhile town never lynched a single skinjob... they only got AVM and Wombat because of Crusher. I cannot be held accountable in my setup for stupid plays and a lack of scum hunting.

Frak it, I'm not defending my setup to this... you haven't looked at it, and you've already deemed that the loss is on bad game design rather than bad game play.

Sour grapes. Welcome back. :rolleyes:

Game play was bad. I'm not denying that. As I said, I'm shocked Doggin was town because I thought every move he made was scummy. In hindsight, it kind of was.

But, town would have needed just about perfection to win.

tricia-helfer-2.jpg

I rather bang Doggin.

Hey, I appreciate the game. While I do think it was nearly impossible for town to win, it was fun and I appreciate the work you put into it, realizing you can't really know if a game is perfect without seeing it played.

You're right. I did not research, and I got it in my head that conversions were an every other day thing. We didn't make any real moves based on that however, and it was quickly corrected so it wasn't a big deal. The fact is, when I used to play, games never reached 130 pages, and I just don't have it in me to go back through them all to look for little things. Maybe I shouldn't play again based on that, but it's just too much of a commitment at this point. Especially so when you have a handful of players who don't even bother to show up.

This game was big. I think we need to go back to smaller 12 person games, we can play more often and they'd be less involved --- which means less burnout. Play in those games, inactivity is only an issue this close to the football season. Nobody disappears like this in the Spring mafia games.

You should keep playing. I only do one game a year as a mod, and wanted it to be epic. Town totally could have won this... but did NOTHING to help themselves. Hell, Crusher won town MVP deservedly for his N1 action. What does that tell you?

Bullsh*t.

That's not to say he didn't play outstanding and deserve to win, because he did, but I was all over his a$ before Jack's retardedness. It's the only thing I got right this game, so at least let me have that. :-P

You did.

When DPR as Gaius threw you out of the airlock upon his lynch, we were all certain that he had to be a symp who knew who I was.

JiF, another reason I shot you was when you went back and forth that day with slats then the "wait unvote" thing.

I'm starting/trying to remember but I also shot you thinking if you're scum I got slats too. When you flipped town REALLY helped slats imo.

Nothing you did wrong but I recall this was one of the many things I was thinking wrong for shooting you.

My Crusher kill was just really bad luck/****up on my part.

But honestly I got over it pretty qucik as he also showed his cards with Wombat.horrible shot but I dealt.

I was REALLY pissed when I shot JiF and was wrong. All my logic was just wrong.

And although I was wrong on Chan the same case got Dpr and I was really headhunting for a "converter" and Chan's play fit. Oh well, didn't make anyone have to follow me.

Just an outstanding game by slats.

Ey played well too. I know people don't like his self vote but I would consider him town mvp up to that point. But never self vote hammer like that b/c you never know.

Best set up game ever. Scenes were amazing.

Dont sweat it cupcake. Ever since Ive been banded Worst Scum player ever... No doubt that's true. Don;t like lying. People think Im scum every game now. Funny cause they never did b4. The result... Last two games I was townie/Doc and Vig killed early both games.

Great game Ape.

Archived