Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Humanity’s Children Have Come Home…

Integrity28

told you guys the level of play was sh*t over at dm

I had to see it to believe it. Literally, my first 3 votes of the game were all on scum. It was conversion, I knew they'd convert Lily, Verbal and Wombat just based on reputation. Then when I got on Lily's case she converted me and I drove home the win for scum. Lily is awesome btw, game gave me a chance to get to know her a bit better. :)

DPR's setup was awesome though, nothing like the games we normally play here.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice setup OP...

The game lacked scum hunters caused the bad guys took me down N2. :P

Great game Slats but had you pegged early on...proof is in the dead thread the Ape wiped out...oh well.

Quoted for truth. Jetscode staying alive, might have impacted the outcome entirely. He was onto more scum than anyone other than maybe Vic, EY an Crusher.

Things I am happy about... JIF was Cally. CTM was the old hippie lady. Hess was Starbuck. DPR was Gaius. These were not chosen parts by me... this was Random.org and fate. Hahaha...

Also happy I could help perpetuate the SMC v. Verbal rivalry.

told you guys the level of play was sh*t over at dm

Yep. One person makes a good play, and is then hailed as a god or goddess of mafia going forward. Silly. And people that play multiple games are considered "big game". Ugh. In comparison, every player on JN is "big game" for a DM game. This site, hands down, has the better players. Hands down.

I had to see it to believe it. Literally, my first 3 votes of the game were all on scum. It was conversion, I knew they'd convert Lily, Verbal and Wombat just based on reputation. Then when I got on Lily's case she converted me and I drove home the win for scum. Lily is awesome btw, game gave me a chance to get to know her a bit better. :)

DPR's setup was awesome though, nothing like the games we normally play here.

You played quite well, I'll grant you that. If you were saying you "found" me based on potential conversion, then well done. But 100% of my posts in that game were town, as I was killed so soon after being recruited that I never had a chance to plot/post as scum. Oh well.

Things I am happy about... JIF was Cally. CTM was the old hippie lady. Hess was Starbuck. DPR was Gaius. These were not chosen parts by me... this was Random.org and fate. Hahaha...

Also happy I could help perpetuate the SMC v. Verbal rivalry.

Best game ever because of that. SMC sucks, and I killed him....again. hehe

You did.

When DPR as Gaius threw you out of the airlock upon his lynch, we were all certain that he had to be a symp who knew who I was.

I actually defended you a couple of times - and I wasn't sure that you were the converter, but I knew that Doggin and BG were town. Since my win condition was only that I stay alive, I needed to try and push the game to end as fast as I could, and in a conversion game, that meant wiping out the town.

Of course, subtlety is not one of my graces...meh

That's because of the turnover. Every once in a while we get a good game with big game in it though.

It's also because nobody bothers playing. People sit quietly Day 1 because they don't have information . . . then get a random kill and sit quietly Day 2 because they don't have information . . .

It's insanely frustrating

Yep. One person makes a good play, and is then hailed as a god or goddess of mafia going forward. Silly. And people that play multiple games are considered "big game". Ugh. In comparison, every player on JN is "big game" for a DM game. This site, hands down, has the better players. Hands down.

No contest.

I actually defended you a couple of times - and I wasn't sure that you were the converter, but I knew that Doggin and BG were town. Since my win condition was only that I stay alive, I needed to try and push the game to end as fast as I could, and in a conversion game, that meant wiping out the town.

Of course, subtlety is not one of my graces...meh

That should be chiseled on your tombstone when you're gone, Wes.

It's also because nobody bothers playing. People sit quietly Day 1 because they don't have information . . . then get a random kill and sit quietly Day 2 because they don't have information . . .

That's certainly not a problem here. We never STFU... ever. Not to mention we always have a couple of people pounding their chests about having figured out the whole game five minutes into it before there's any information available anyway.

You played quite well, I'll grant you that. If you were saying you "found" me based on potential conversion, then well done. But 100% of my posts in that game were town, as I was killed so soon after being recruited that I never had a chance to plot/post as scum. Oh well.

Best game ever because of that. SMC sucks, and I killed him....again. hehe

You were an obvious conversion target. I broke that game into 3 components, people that were making scum 101 plays: JLM, Blackhoof, Nolder - People that represented primary conversion targets: You, Lily and Wombat - Everyone else.

That was my outlook on D1, and I was openly talking with DPR about it. With you, Wombat and Lily - my mindset was all 3 of you had to die at some point - regardless of what you said in thread, because novice players weren't going to understand the wifom of "high profile" players being recruits. You 3 either started as scum, or would have been converted. I was right about 2 of you, and Wombat was in their crosshairs for conversion, but they killed him instead. The minute berfs reacted to the Nolder death scene I knew he was scum too... it was obvious, but I got recruited.

I think it helped me alot not having the continuous arguments I have here from game to game in my way. I was able to just read the thread, and people stuck out like sore thumbs.

The rationale "you voted someone, therefore you are scum" was used quite frequently... I called them out on it. I like to think DPR quietly snickered to himself as I spanked all those "why don't you be nicer" singing wussies... literally thank goodness for Lily, she gets me. Heh.

Not for a lack of trying by Nolder though :P

Hahah.. yeah, that guy was one helluva spammer. Problem with him was NOTHING he said was logical or rooted in anything even close to the truth. It was easy to just poop on everything he said. The fact it took so many others to see through it was the ONLY reason I had to keep at it with him. You guys over here would have put him down like a lame dog on D1 after the first time I cased him. Very transparent.

A nooooze, he's breaking down his brilliance from another game from another thread now.

Bucket. BUCKET!!!!!!!

*tosses lunch...misses pale, hits left shoe...tosses lunch more...*

Make him stop. Somebody.

You are as clueless dead as you are alive... I'm talking about that game over here, to peak interest. Some of us have no intention of playing in football season, so, I'm talking smack here to see if I can't get a couple other JN'ers to bounce between the 2 sites for games during football season. I didn't think this needed to be explained... oh, what's that... you want to put in a kill on a power role? Got it.

Your missing the first gen players - Dude, Sirayn, Eqwene, Raina, and what's his name with P...

Yeah, but they were gone before I even got to DM, so there's not much to say about them other than that I really hope to someday experience the evil that is Sirayn. Also, I liked the dude's style with the Cromwell Approval (even though I only ever saw it as rendered by Barm).

Hahah.. yeah, that guy was one helluva spammer. Problem with him was NOTHING he said was logical or rooted in anything even close to the truth. It was easy to just poop on everything he said. The fact it took so many others to see through it was the ONLY reason I had to keep at it with him. You guys over here would have put him down like a lame dog on D1 after the first time I cased him. Very transparent.

I often find myself dealing with the "would scum be so obvious" WIFOM on DM. I guess I should just assume yes from now on.

Yeah, but they were gone before I even got to DM, so there's not much to say about them other than that I really hope to someday experience the evil that is Sirayn. Also, I liked the dude's style with the Cromwell Approval (even though I only ever saw it as rendered by Barm).

That's still my favorite mafia play of all time. Perfect use of the Alts.

BTW, I've got a Game of Thrones mafia game cooking that will be absolutely kick-a$$ - like nothing you've ever seen before. I'm thinking of running it as an invitation only game over on DM. Anyone feel like coming over there and helping me teach that group of players what a real mafia game looks like?

BTW, I've got a Game of Thrones mafia game cooking that will be absolutely kick-a$$ - like nothing you've ever seen before. I'm thinking of running it as an invitation only game over on DM. Anyone feel like coming over there and helping me teach that group of players what a real mafia game looks like?

If you don't invite me, I will chop off your cock and feed it to the goats :P

I'll play, if invited :D... feels liek mafia may be winding down over here now

Yes.

Archived