Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Humanity’s Children Have Come Home…

Integrity28

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ftr Integ, the look,feel and set up was amazing. I've never been this into a game (as shown by post count) Game could have broke a million ways. So much left to chance as always with conversions and percentage rates similar to dpr's preatard game..which was also so much fun to play....however balance automatically gets thrown out the window...hence pissed off losers like myself. :) especially since I was the goat.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a huge fan just straight from a design standpoint, regardless of anything else. While it was great being scum in that game, your zombie game is my perfect example of why. We got one conversion, that was it, and we used it to win the entire game. We got Vic as the cop early, and spent the entire game watching the town kill each other off while any time we caught heat we just counter-claimed each other and got credit for killing off a scum and moved on. The one thing that gave town a chance that game was CTM being a traitor, but the way he played it pretty much ended that. Not to say town couldn't have won that game, but the single conversion made our lives excessively easier.

Agreed. I remember vic revealing early and thinking it was a slaughter. It was a fun idea that game, but would need refinement.

You were in a tough spot. Killing AVM was a great play on your part - yet it really helped me. I targeted Sharrow and then they did. If Sharrow was a roleless townie, I would've gotten an conversion, and they would've killed him just as quickly. Why they didn't take another shot at Sharrow, I don't understand...

Pac and JC were guys I would definitely look to convert, but they took him out before I had a chance. They were in a tough spot, too, trying to kill townies and avoid my conversions. I was lucky they didn't kill 80 the way he was going at them. No reason for them not to. I could've been all by myself until I converted Dan - and then still been all by myself. :lol:

As soon as the scene came out, he was obviously Sharrow. I couldn't run the risk of two missed shots. Adama very well could have more than one death avoidance, IMO, and if I went back to back nights with no kills then I've royally screwed up in a game that depended largely on me getting deaths on power roles while you got the roleless (that's how I viewed it). I considered shooting Dan as well, as in the event she couldn't be converted she was the most dangerous to you in the game. I saw our job as keeping you alive and protected as long as possible. Sharrow, JC, and Dan (the top three on my Day 1 and 2 lists) have all shown to have a tendency to nail scum...so it made sense to go after what I knew, and avoid screwing the pooch. Didn't do a great job.

You guys should have listened to Jack. You take out Slats and town wins in a walk.

Truth.

Only problem was, he completely made it up.

CTM and I agree that we should have pushed slats harder for his reveal. Our fault was letting him off the hook there, but with Jack changing his mind and then voting me, how could I not go after him? I knew I was innocent, and Jack had just did something that made 0 sense at all.

And ftr, I found it funny that the only reason Vic got mentioned at ALL was because I was scum, and I had nothing to do with his conversion. Until catching up around noon today, I thought he was scum and had either him or Hess as the Vig (Wombat called Hess several days ago as the Vig, fwiw).

Good shot, btw Hess

I probably spent more time trying to throw the converter off my trail then hunting scum.

I knew...or thought if he converted me the game was over.

But I guess it was easier to just let me shoot people...sigh.

We were looking for the vig to convert, Hess, so we could essentially have a NK each night. However, I don't think we ever thought it was you.

I probably spent more time trying to throw the converter off my trail then hunting scum.

I knew...or thought if he converted me the game was over.

But I guess it was easier to just let me shoot people...sigh.

meh, from where i sit the only real mistake you made was not shooting slats . the way he claiemd it pretty much had to be vig/doc.. you were the vig and could've assumed a self protect as doc..

I wouldn't sweat abotu crusher, shooting the cop n2 sucks, but it's more dumb luck then bad play.. power roles and scum are easy to confuse cause both are trying to hide something

Integ, Having slats know there were conversion rates but not town...I think was a bad idea. I didn't need to know I was 50/50 as slats didn't but I would have let town know or been more clear when they did and didn't work..or that they weren't always automatic.

At least would of given town the same assumption slats had about townies easier to convert.

Integ, Having slats know there were conversion rates but not town...I think was a bad idea. I didn't need to know I was 50/50 as slats didn't but I would have let town know or been more clear when they did and didn't work..or that they weren't always automatic.

At least would of given town the same assumption slats had about townies easier to convert.

Yeah..Lots of reasons to pat yourserlves on the back?

ftr... the game was winnable from a town perspective. Town payed terribly imo, myself included. Slats should've been forced to reveal, I can't even understand why I didn't vote him when I was strongly pushing him to reveal.. w/e

that being said, conversions games suck balls and I hope to never be another game with them. The town (rightfully so) gets too spooked especially when they are coming every day. Even if I wasn't lynched, I would've been 100% sure of EY's innocence until that conversion at which point he'd be my favorite for conversion, then scum could've pushed me and him into voting each other..

stirs up too much paranoia and basicaly nobody can be considered innocent, regardless of what they've done all game long. Basically it removes just about every element I find enjoyable about the game. I don't like randomness or being forced to guess.. I know a lot of people liek conversion games, so I'm nto critisizing setup.. I just don't like them

I'm not patting myself on the back - I'm saying I tried to give you guys something different. Everyone here gets very pissy if each mafia game isn't a 90% the same as last one. We all rely too much on meta gaming players and a mutual understanding that the setup won't have much, if any, degree of variance from the previous games. ... I tried to take both away from you guys, force you to scum hunt... nobody really scum hunted.

game was definitely winnable. town sucked - myself included. I'm still shocked both BG and Doggin were innocent. Miller/Mason sounds like a 90's Knicks-Pacers game, not a Mafia role.

Ape stop being so emotional. I was pissed I got whacked, I was having fun. I admire that you tried to duplicate my feat of creating a nearly perfect game.

and Hess ruined this for pretty much everyone.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not being emotional, I thought people would appreciate my attempt to give them something different and something that was truly inspired by the source material. I don't get the whining, tbh.

Ftr Integ, the look,feel and set up was amazing. I've never been this into a game (as shown by post count) Game could have broke a million ways. So much left to chance as always with conversions and percentage rates similar to dpr's preatard game..which was also so much fun to play....however balance automatically gets thrown out the window...hence pissed off losers like myself. :) especially since I was the goat.

This is why you were my mod's choice player... you were clearly way into the game, but marred by bad decisions. We all have games like that, but I loved how you played regardless of outcome.

Honestly Chan, after I shot JiF and he flipped town, I wrote slats off. I figured there were a couple big pr's out there not just the common ones.

Slats really just played it perfectly, at least to me, from that point on.

This game was really a lot of fun. I prob put too much pressure on myself after shooting the cop and tried redeeming myself.

I really can't give him enough credit.

And to my point to ape, not even saying that letting townon about conversions would have changed anything.

Prob would have turned it too much to town advantage possibly, in fact.

Slats prob needed that bullet, in terms of balance more ithink about it.

Truth.

Only problem was, he completely made it up.

CTM and I agree that we should have pushed slats harder for his reveal. Our fault was letting him off the hook there, but with Jack changing his mind and then voting me, how could I not go after him? I knew I was innocent, and Jack had just did something that made 0 sense at all.

Jack's motivation to lie as town was brilliant. He was spot on, and at that point I thought scum was ****ed.

Then came the execution of the lie. Haha... instead of saying the mod told him "Slats is scum" he said that nonsense about "No" by "no I mean yes, and yes means no, and I don't know where I am anymore..." He tied his own shoelaces together there. Too bad. I was ready to give him MVP for a minute...

Thinking through all this my final analysis is;

1. This was about as far and balanced you can make a conversion game.

2. Conversion games are always unfair and unbalanced to the loser

3.I only like conversion games if I win.

4. That's twice now with slats. He might be Satan.

5. Knowing she was town on that train I can continue my on-line relationship with Nae.

I'm not patting myself on the back - I'm saying I tried to give you guys something different. Everyone here gets very pissy if each mafia game isn't a 90% the same as last one. We all rely too much on meta gaming players and a mutual understanding that the setup won't have much, if any, degree of variance from the previous games. ... I tried to take both away from you guys, force you to scum hunt... nobody really scum hunted.

what a pile of sh*t

you forced us to scum hunt, by making what the guy said yesterday potentially meaningless the next day..

again, not complaing abotu set up.. it was balanced.., but you created a game filled with randomness nto scum hunting

Also being a mod who enjoys writing epic scenes I want to THANK the ape for putting time and effort into crafting those scenes. Very enjoyable. I know they can be time consuming and it takes imagination so I applaud the ape.

agree with that..

I don't want the ape to think I'm ragging on hsi setup, plenty enjoy covnersion games, and as a conversion game it had some unique elements and seemed fairly well balanced..

Jack's motivation to lie as town was brilliant. He was spot on, and at that point I thought scum was ****ed.

Then came the execution of the lie. Haha... instead of saying the mod told him "Slats is scum" he said that nonsense about "No" by "no I mean yes, and yes means no, and I don't know where I am anymore..." He tied his own shoelaces together there. Too bad. I was ready to give him MVP for a minute...

The call was very impressive, but how it went down was so confusing that it let slats slip out from under the radar again.

And ftr, I found it funny that the only reason Vic got mentioned at ALL was because I was scum, and I had nothing to do with his conversion. Until catching up around noon today, I thought he was scum and had either him or Hess as the Vig (Wombat called Hess several days ago as the Vig, fwiw).

Good shot, btw Hess

Yeah terrific. You two should start your own group like, "We shoot fatties for fun".. IDIOTS!!!

I agree with ctm's last post to mod. Ape just jumped the shark.

How do I scum hunt when I can't trust anyone..

That's all conversion games though, which is why I'm not a particularly big fan of them as a rule. You can't trust anyone, as cop results or vetting are useless from the moment the next conversion happens, and even your reads on players don't mean crap from day to day. Like I said earlier, it really is just an entirely different game. Which is fine, but it's definitely not something we're used to around here and not my particular preference.

Conversion games are like D1 all game.

I just played a conversion game on DM, run by DPR, and dominated it... as town, then as scum... frakking MVP on both sides. Its not like D1 all game if you resort to basic scum hunting, and actually case players that are going to be obvious scum conversions... I dunno... like Vic, Slats and Dan?

agree with that..

I don't want the ape to think I'm ragging on hsi setup, plenty enjoy covnersion games, and as a conversion game it had some unique elements and seemed fairly well balanced..

Appreciate it... all I was doing was trying to pay homage to the source material which most of us love, and give you guys something different than the same game we keep playing over and over. :)

I feel I was successful in that. I get the frustrations some of you have with convert games now, I'll let you commence with vetting.

Appreciate it... all I was doing was trying to pay homage to the source material which most of us love, and give you guys something different than the same game we keep playing over and over. :)

I feel I was successful in that. I get the frustrations some of you have with convert games now, I'll let you commence with vetting.

Haha.. i'm not even that frustrated.. more getting caught up in argueing balance versus the nature of conversion games... The town could've won this game several times, so the balance was there.. the rest is just conversion game frustrations

I just played a conversion game on DM, run by DPR, and dominated it... as town, then as scum... frakking MVP on both sides. Its not like D1 all game if you resort to basic scum hunting, and actually case players that are going to be obvious scum conversions... I dunno... like Vic, Slats and Dan?

told you guys the level of play was sh*t over at dm

Haha.. i'm not even that frustrated.. more getting caught up in argueing balance versus the nature of conversion games... The town could've won this game several times, so the balance was there.. the rest is just conversion game frustrations

Yup. I agree. Anyway, I hope all the BSG enthusiasts could appreciate the way I adapted the source material. It was tough to do a setup that didn't give major spoilers, but still captured the essence of the show.

Archived