Dune Mafia Signup Thread

WWWWombat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I could join this one... Last day of living here is sept 2nd... well see if I can squeeze one in before end of season

How's your grandfather doing? Hope all is well, Dude. Come back and kill JiF, soon!

Damn that sucks. I <3 PR. Going back in the December. Its a super easy cheap flight from Miami and its cheap. The surf is outstanding but I love the culture on that island.

San Juan is cool for like 1 night. I dont even really go back anymore. Fly in and get the **** out of dodge as soon as you can. The west coast and southern coast are gorgeous and much more laid back. Aguadilla, Aguada, Rincon, on the west are awesome. Huge surf culture. The south side in Patillas is nice too. Guess its all how you experience it, but we usually stay at laid back surf friendly places and I've never experienced sh*t. Except for San Juan, parts of it are cool, the rest are disgusting scum like Pac and SMC. I surfed this wave in town called Caballos like 8 years ago and some like 5'2 125 local paddled up to me and said "hey gringo, yuz caught to many waves. Go in or youz get cut." He paddle over to like his whole family and I paddle over to my brother, caught and a wave in and never went back. Fly in and get the F out.

There sure are a lot of Mexicans in Puerto Rico... why do they like to cut people so much?

I liked Puerto Rico. Spent a few nights in Old San Juan (one would've been plenty), but the place we stayed at was really cool, so it was cool.

Spent the balance of our time at Luquillo Beach, which was also really cool. The strip of food kiosks (I guess you'd call them) had some terrific reastaurants, and the beach itself was really nice. Spend a day in El Yunque, getting alternately rained on and overheated. Definitely enjoyed that. Also did this pretty wild caving adventure. I would go back in a heartbeat. I'd like to check out the west side beaches.

We did 3 nights in OSJ, at El Convento - awesome place, very romantic. Then moved down to the southern coast to a place called Copamarina. It was a great trip, except for the car accident really. El Yunque was great, the caves weren't open to the public so I didn't get to do that... if I do go back, I'll probably hit the southern beaches again, near Rincon, or the west coast... or that small island off the coast Vieques.

To be honest, there are so many other islands I'd like to see... and JetBlue goes direct to most of them from Logan up here. Aruba might be next, or Bermuda. Not sure.

Wish I could join this one... Last day of living here is sept 2nd... well see if I can squeeze one in before end of season

How's your grandfather doing? Hope all is well, Dude. Come back and kill JiF, soon!

+1

Hope all is well.

worlds-greatest-dad.gif

Site only let me give out like 3-4 reps today... WTF? Anyway, this is deserving.

and how the f--k have all of you been to Puerto Rico and I haven't?

closest I've gotten was a trip to a resort in the Domincan Rep... My parents both born and raised there but for whatever reason haven't made it out.

You wouldn't like it, there are too many Mexicans there anyway.

We did 3 nights in OSJ, at El Convento - awesome place, very romantic.

We stayed at a place called The Gallery Inn. Very, very cool place run by this artist woman and covered in her work - as well as that of others. I would highly recommend it. Apparently the Obamas stayed there on a visit, and the owner was very proud of that. It's expensive, but we went there during the off season and got a good rate. The movie The Losers (which I really don't recommend) was filmed in Puerto Rico, and used The Gallery Inn for scenes that were supposed to take place in India. It was pretty funny to recognize. They also used the big radio telescope for scene, which I also visited being that I was there with a physicist. :lol:

We stayed at a place called The Gallery Inn. Very, very cool place run by this artist woman and covered in her work - as well as that of others. I would highly recommend it. Apparently the Obamas stayed there on a visit, and the owner was very proud of that. It's expensive, but we went there during the off season and got a good rate. The movie The Losers (which I really don't recommend) was filmed in Puerto Rico, and used The Gallery Inn for scenes that were supposed to take place in India. It was pretty funny to recognize. They also used the big radio telescope for scene, which I also visited being that I was there with a physicist. :lol:

That movie was awful. The telescope was in Goldeneye as well.

We did 3 nights in OSJ, at El Convento - awesome place, very romantic. Then moved down to the southern coast to a place called Copamarina. It was a great trip, except for the car accident really. El Yunque was great, the caves weren't open to the public so I didn't get to do that... if I do go back, I'll probably hit the southern beaches again, near Rincon, or the west coast... or that small island off the coast Vieques.

To be honest, there are so many other islands I'd like to see... and JetBlue goes direct to most of them from Logan up here. Aruba might be next, or Bermuda. Not sure.

I've been to Aruba a bunch of times, definitely a big fan. There's plenty of stuff to do if you want to, but also about as great of a place as you could have to just chill on the beach and booze if that's what you want to do. A particularly cool thing about it is you pretty much never have to deal with a lot of the potential weather issues of a lot of other Carribean islands, because it's technically a desert island (although you'd never really know it from the look of it when on the resort side of the island). It hardly ever rains there or anything, and when it does it's done in like 10 minutes.

I've been to Aruba a bunch of times, definitely a big fan. There's plenty of stuff to do if you want to, but also about as great of a place as you could have to just chill on the beach and booze if that's what you want to do. A particularly cool thing about it is you pretty much never have to deal with a lot of the potential weather issues of a lot of other Carribean islands, because it's technically a desert island (although you'd never really know it from the look of it when on the resort side of the island). It hardly ever rains there or anything, and when it does it's done in like 10 minutes.

TL;DR

Yep. That is pretty much what we read. Another part of PR that was unbearable was sweating through all my clothes the minute I stepped out of my room.

I'm into adventures during the day, then boozing at night. I want to snorkel, scuba, windsurf, etc... and then have some drinks and do the hibbidy-dibbidy at night when I'm on vacation. Aruba is on the short list for sure.

I did Barbados about 6 years ago...amazing place.

That should be no concern, I assure you the vast majority of the people who play this game on this site have no clue how the game works either. Like that damn dirty Ape, for example.

What's worse are the people that still haven't figured out that its a game...

Do your parents talk fondly about it? Or are they just happy to be out and never want to return?

You should go. It's a pretty inexpensive trip. Stay away from the resorts. Luquillo/El Yunque was excellent. I had no concerns as a Nordic tourist walking around.

Oh man, I forgot about the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques! Took a boat ride over there where they have these weird micro-organisms that light up as some kind of defense mechanism. The result is that when you move around the water that they're in, it glows! My single biggest regret about that trip was that I did not have LSD with me for a swim in that bay. It was the most amazing thing. Plan your trip around the new moon (the darker the better), and make sure you book a night run to Vieques (there's one on the main island, but it's not nearly as good).

My father has tried to get me to go a couple times but it never got past the discussion stage. They both loved it but my suspicion is they'd rather be living here. They moved to the Bronx in the early 70's and had my brother and I... Only stayed there about a year before wanting to raise us in a better environment - so the suburbs of Rochester is where I've been ever since. I was like "the" Puerto Rican kid in my school haha.. There were only like 2 black dudes as well. Somewhere along the way my birth certificate name of Pedro became Pete and just stuck. Wasn't even by design.. too young to have made that decision as relatives just called me "little Petey" because I'm a Jr. Anyway what the hell am I telling all this to you clowns for?

Guh, I actually really liked the book but just don't have the time to play.

Congrats Vic on the newborn, btw. Very happy for you :)

If I can take the time away from mowing lawns with my mexican friends you can put down the sushi knife and play 1 more game.

My father has tried to get me to go a couple times but it never got past the discussion stage. They both loved it but my suspicion is they'd rather be living here. They moved to the Bronx in the early 70's and had my brother and I... Only stayed there about a year before wanting to raise us in a better environment - so the suburbs of Rochester is where I've been ever since. I was like "the" Puerto Rican kid in my school haha.. There were only like 2 black dudes as well. Somewhere along the way my birth certificate name of Pedro became Pete and just stuck. Wasn't even by design.. too young to have made that decision as relatives just called me "little Petey" because I'm a Jr. Anyway what the hell am I telling all this to you clowns for?

Cool story, Pedroturd.

When you use quotes for "the" Puerto Rican... it really means Mexican right?

When you use quotes for "the" Puerto Rican... it really means Mexican right?

Mexicans come from Mexico... Puerto Ricans come from Puerto Rico.

In your case, lilly-white faggots who wear penny loafers and no socks come from Boston.

Mexicans come from Mexico... Puerto Ricans come from Puerto Rico.

In your case, lilly-white faggots who wear penny loafers and no socks come from Boston.

Well, when I was in Puerto Rico... there were Mexicans everywhere. I think they figured out that if they go there for jobs, they can climb higher than just dishwasher and landscaper. I had this one Mexican sell me an authentic Puerto Rican sombrero.... (that is a hat, FYI).

I wear it to work on casual Fridays. It looks great with my khaki shorts and loafers.

When does this game start? I tried to post in the football and lounge forums, and to sum it up. Visajets is a retard and more or less blankets any attempt at talking football, or music, or anything with his stupidity. Not missing much... need teh mafia.

Archived