Another Reason to Hate The Pats

JonEJet

AlbertBreer

As I just said on NFLN, Jackson & Mankins are, for now, holding to their request for $10M to settle. 1 of a number of plaintiff issues.

The greedy pricks are trying to get theirs. What a douche that Mankins is

AlbertBreer

As I just said on NFLN, Jackson & Mankins are, for now, holding to their request for $10M to settle. 1 of a number of plaintiff issues.

Jackson tweeted last night that he has made "no demands" that would hold up a deal.

Can't say anything for Mankins - dirty Chowd! :akf:

AlbertBreer

....I think you forgot to show your venom against Jackson as well. Ooops, he's not on a Boston team. My bad. Carry on, Hater.

Joking aside, I'm with you. I understand the players being angry (moreso, their agent/attorney)- but, c'mon, you are going to eff over all the other players, employees and FANS? And, explain to me how a one year franchise tag at $10.1 million dollars is a bad deal for Mankins? Whatever, the psuedo union should tell these two to go jump off a cliff.

....I think you forgot to show your venom against Jackson as well. Ooops, he's not on a Boston team. My bad. Carry on, Hater.

Joking aside, I'm with you. I understand the players being angry - but, c'mon, you are going to eff over all the other players, employees and FANS? And, explain to me how a one year franchise tag at $10.1 million dollars is a bad deal for Mankins? Whatever, the psuedo union should tell these two to go jump off a cliff.

Jackson tweeted last night that he has made "no demands" that would hold up a deal.

It's all on the Pats player.......if course

Can't vote on the CBA until there's a union. Can't form the union until Jackson and Mankins settle. Messy.

I have a solution. Have a wink-wink deal sending Jackson to New England and Mankins to San Diego. Win-win.

Joking aside, I'm with you. I understand the players being angry (moreso, their agent/attorney)- but, c'mon, you are going to eff over all the other players, employees and FANS? And, explain to me how a one year franchise tag at $10.1 million dollars is a bad deal for Mankins? Whatever, the psuedo union should tell these two to go jump off a cliff.

I said this in another thread, both sides should take the action needed to remove those 2 from the class-action suit and let them go one on one with the NFL while everyone else settles. Just based on resources alone they'll get absolutely destroyed and drained of every cent they have in the process. Frankly, they both deserve it, same for anyone else who wants to try to pull crap like this, and frankly I don't care what team they play for either.

Disagree. Mankins is sticking it to the Patriots and getting what he feels he deserves. After a decade of watching the Patriots pay players less than competitive salaries because "they are the Patriots" I feel its a nice change of pace to watch a player push them around.

Also, did you see how much better that team got when he returned to the line?

Disagree. Mankins is sticking it to the Patriots and getting what he feels he deserves. After a decade of watching the Patriots pay players less than competitive salaries because "they are the Patriots" I feel its a nice change of pace to watch a player push them around.

Also, did you see how much better that team got when he returned to the line?

He can feel free to do that when the NFL season is back by refusing to sign his franchise tender and holding out or whatever the hell else he wants to do. If he has an issue with the Patriots, he can take it up with the Patriots, not the entire NFL. His pulling this sh*t now shows him to be a pathetically greedy self-centered a$$hole, who is willing to screw with the situation of every other player in the league because of his own bullsh*t. It's pathetic and if it's true I really do hope he, Jackson and anyone else who pulls this sh*t ends up getting completely screwed over by their own disgusting greed. It really takes a special kind of scum to stand out head and shoulders as the greediest amongst the crowd involved in these negotiations.

He can feel free to do that when the NFL season is back by refusing to sign his franchise tender and holding out or whatever the hell else he wants to do. If he has an issue with the Patriots, he can take it up with the Patriots, not the entire NFL. His pulling this sh*t now shows him to be a pathetically greedy self-centered a$$hole, who is willing to screw with the situation of every other player in the league because of his own bullsh*t. It's pathetic and if it's true I really do hope he, Jackson and anyone else who pulls this sh*t ends up getting completely screwed over by their own disgusting greed. It really takes a special kind of scum to stand out head and shoulders as the greediest amongst the crowd involved in these negotiations.

I see what your saying. Okay, I changed my mind... he's a selfish prick. I just hadn't looked at it in depth tbh.

He can feel free to do that when the NFL season is back by refusing to sign his franchise tender and holding out or whatever the hell else he wants to do. If he has an issue with the Patriots, he can take it up with the Patriots, not the entire NFL. His pulling this sh*t now shows him to be a pathetically greedy self-centered a$hole, who is willing to screw with the situation of every other player in the league because of his own bullsh*t. It's pathetic and if it's true I really do hope he, Jackson and anyone else who pulls this sh*t ends up getting completely screwed over by their own disgusting greed. It really takes a special kind of scum to stand out head and shoulders as the greediest amongst the crowd involved in these negotiations.

Haha!

I was going to say this, but you saying it is better.

Holding up the CBA for the entire league is a douchebag move. Holding out for a better contract from your own team is the way to go.

I completely disagree with this. The named plaintiffs in the last lawsuit were exempted from the franchise tag, and as representatives of all the players, it's the responsibility of Jackson, Brees, Mankins, etc. not to give ground, because then what happens next time? Maybe the class reps get blackballed. Rising tide lifts all boats, remember? That's what the position of the union has always been and now that the rookie pay scale compromise has shot that all to hell you see that the alternative is the players get divided and conquered. Now you've got some retard punter taking public shots at superstars. The union will always lose because the owners are just much better at PR.

I completely disagree with this. The named plaintiffs in the last lawsuit were exempted from the franchise tag, and as representatives of all the players, it's the responsibility of Jackson, Brees, Mankins, etc. not to give ground, because then what happens next time? Maybe the class reps get blackballed. Rising tide lifts all boats, remember? That's what the position of the union has always been and now that the rookie pay scale compromise has shot that all to hell you see that the alternative is the players get divided and conquered. Now you've got some retard punter taking public shots at superstars. The union will always lose because the owners are just much better at PR.

Agree to disagree I suppose. These individuals by all accounts did absolutely nothing but put their names down on paper and then sit back and wait. The reported negotiators on the players side have been almost entirely NFLPA reps, not plaintiffs, with the exception of the QB trio's few highly publicized appearances. They simply tried to get the biggest names possible from different teams to put their names on the dotted line for headline and publicity purposes, nothing more.

Now suddenly some of these guys feel like they should get special treatment over the rest of the league for that? Mankins and Jackson have literally done nothing that justifies them holding the rest of the league hostage while they wait on their own selfish demands. If there was something they wanted to negotiate in for the named plaintiffs then it's something that should have been taken care of during negotiations, and not wait until the last second when they're screwing over everyone but themselves. Granted I know that means it would have meant their lazy asses actually being involved and doing something other than waiting around and then throwing their little fit at the last moment, but that's not exactly the most unreasonable request.

Agree to disagree I suppose. These individuals by all accounts did absolutely nothing but put their names down on paper and then sit back and wait.

This is true, but considering how much dough is at stake in the matter in total, a no-tag clause or some commensurate compensation is right in line with the kind of extra benefit that a named plaintiff, even one whose participation is basically nominal, could reasonably expect to receive. You think that's bad, you oughtta see the lawyers' end.

This is true, but considering how much dough is at stake in the matter in total, a no-tag clause or some commensurate compensation is right in line with the kind of extra benefit that a named plaintiff, even one whose participation is basically nominal, could reasonably expect to receive. You think that's bad, you oughtta see the lawyers' end.

I don't necessarily disagree with this premise, it's more the means they decided to address this. You can't tell me that somehow the issue was brought up months ago, but both sides decided to completely ignore it until the final day both sides were working like mad to negotiate the deal despite knowing it could hold up everything. No, it's clear that these guys felt like they'd have the entire league, owners and players alike, over a barrel if they waited until now to pull this stunt. That's where my problem lies. It's one thing to want to get your piece, it's another to want it at the expense of everyone else.

AlbertBreer

You had me at, Another.

AlbertBreer

Word

He still has the first dollar he made from Pats. Shops for clothes at Walmart.

Word

He still has the first dollar he made from Pats. Shops for clothes at Walmart.

Hate to say it, but that is usually the kind of guy who ends up with a lot of money.

Watch, Mankins will be owning an NFL franchise in 25 years.

I have come to the conclusion that one should take EVERYTHING that is written by a sports scribe witha grain of salt.

I have also concluded that players/owners (and yes, ego's), generally speaking, can see the difference between the business end of football and real life. Logan Mankins is in attendance at Myra Kraft's funeral today. That speaks volumes about the man.

Archived