Some tweets from The Hanger

flgreen

This is stupid now. Five different Jets had to restructure so they could up the offer to Aso? Fick that guy. Seriously. This is Rex pulling a vanity play. Stupid stupid stupid.

You won't be saying that when Brady passes for negative yards and Aso single handidly solves the debt crisis.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rodboone Rod Boone

Ross was talking about what he says is a fine line between winning & losing. In essence he's saying #Jets weren't that much better than MIA

3 minutes ago

Someone needs to learn something about football, or just go sell another piece of his team to a minor celebrity.

I always find it ironic when fans want players to playout their contract because they are obligated because of the said contract and on the other hand teams can just throw a restructuring/release anytime it suits them.

Restructured contracts tend to pay more up front and not end up losing the player any money. Teams can release a player any time because they've agreed to pay whatever guaranteed money may be left on that contract.

Numbers floating around in Dallas....insane money.

4 years for $73million max, $39 million gauranteed. these are some numbers floating around. dont count them as a statement just what i been hearing and a verbal agreement is supposed to be for dallas also

Those numbers aren't completely unbelievable if it's six years and not four, like Charlie McBirkowitz has been saying all along.

realfreemancbs mike freeman

by ukjets

Very smart agent familiar with Jets' thinking has solid theory on Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes. Basically goes like this...

by ukjets

Very smart agent familiar with Jets' thinking has solid theory on Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes. Basically goes like this...

by ukjets

So Nnamdi's agent is trying to get the Jets to go higher and so far they're refusing. This has allowed opening for Cowboys/mystery team.

EastBay_Sports James Robert Sanos

source tells me: "nnamdi is waiting for the #Raiders to make an offer he can't refuse, but right now the offer from the #jets is the best"

41 seconds ago

So if true, it is ALL about the money.

Really :blink: so you have been in disappointed Greene but not McKnight...ok

It's more about skill sets than anything. What McKnight was brought in to do and what Powell was brought in to do could not possibly be more different. McKnight was brought in to be the Leon replacement, Powell if anything would be a potential Greene replacement.

Really :blink: so you have been in disappointed Greene but not McKnight...ok

It's not a one or the other thing.

Powell and Greene are the same kinda back, except that Powell is a better natural receiver. Greene was handed the starting job last year and couldn't hold onto it. RB really isn't a position you generally grow into. Either you have it or you don't. I don't think he has it, and I think the Jets brought Powell in to push him or replace him. I said it at the time of the draft.

McKnight was never brought in to be a feature back. I think he was supposed to be the 3rd down/special teamer from the start. Yeah, he got off to a rocky start, and I think he's taken enough of a beating for it. He really came on in specials last year, and performed very well when asked to carry the load against the Bills. I think his progress is a big part of the reason the Jets were content to let Brad Smith go.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Chicago Tribune's @vxmcclure23 reports that the Bears are looking to bring in former #NYJ linebacker Vernon Gholston. #jets

38 seconds ago

See While we are screwing around with Aso gholston gets stolen from us

Archived