Derrick Mason visiting Jets

Matt39

Derrick Mason? Over Cotchery? Are you kidding me? For years he was the only WR in Baltimore, all the yards. Hes older than dirt this reminds me the Art Monk signing. Whos next Rick Mirer. And yes Id rather have the much more productive Braylon Edwards.

This!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not want...he's ****in ancient!

You, I AND Rex Ryan all would rather have Braylon Edwards Nay. Go over to the Jets' Team Site and watch Ryan's Wednesday press conference where he almost begs Braylon Edwards to lower his asking price to what the Jets are offering so he could come back to the team

Derrick Mason? Over Cotchery? Are you kidding me? For years he was the only WR in Baltimore, all the yards. Hes older than dirt this reminds me the Art Monk signing. Whos next Rick Mirer. And yes Id rather have the much more productive Braylon Edwards.

How much are you paying braylon?

While he's not a bad option, I'm not sure I love the idea of him replacing Cotchery. More than anything, with Burress and Mason as two of the top 3 receivers on the team, you're guaranteeing that Sanchez will once again be dealing with another season of almost entirely new WRs next year, with the exception of Holmes. As much as it's on Sanchez to continue to improve as a QB, just a little bit of consistency in his WR corps would certainly be a nice help for him.

Mind you, I'm not advocating Mason of Cotch. I'm just saying that if they are going to get rid of Cotch, which is the rumor, Mason is someone I'm happy to root for in place of him.

Cotch has been a great Jet. However, the FO may know something we don't about him. Hmm... where have we heard that before regarding a WR?

Mind you, I'm not advocating Mason of Cotch. I'm just saying that if they are going to get rid of Cotch, which is the rumor, Mason is someone I'm happy to root for in place of him.

Cotch has been a great Jet. However, the FO may know something we don't about him. Hmm... where have we heard that before regarding a WR?

Braylon ape Braylon......Mason is too old though.

You're saying the Jets should bring him back. How much should they pay him to get him back?

I dont know whats available in money. What kind of deals did Floyd and others get I would be in the middle range of those deal with alot in incentives to curtail his off the field behavior problems.

WTF is going on? Is the front office trying to get SS before it disappears? We get rid of two young players so that we replace them with a 34 year old that hasn't played in 2 years cause he was in jail and a 37 year old. What's next cut Mark and resign Farve?

Rick Mirer and Quincy Carter reportedly have contacted Rex. :o

WTF is going on? Is the front office trying to get SS before it disappears? We get rid of two young players so that we replace them with a 34 year old that hasn't played in 2 years cause he was in jail and a 37 year old. What's next cut Mark and resign Farve?

I hear ya, was thinking the same, but if you look at the roster overall team is in very good shape as far as age. Over 30's of importance is Plex 34, Pouha, 32, Scott 30, Pace 30, Hunter 30. Everyone else is basically 27 or younger (Leonard 28).

I hear ya, was thinking the same, but if you look at the roster overall team is in very good shape as far as age. Over 30's of importance is Plex 34, Pouha, 32, Scott 30, Pace 30, Hunter 30. Everyone else is basically 27 or younger (Leonard 28).

Fair enough but I'd rather have Holmes, Plax and BE if they're going to ship Cotch.

I think that's a given. If there was no cap, no one in their right mind would sign Derrick Mason over Braylon Edwards.

However, in the real world, Edwards will cost a lot more than Mason.

Yeah, of course. But just wondering if he's really only looking for 5M/year. They had as of yesterday approximately 10M in cap space. Take into account Plex was 3M and Cotch if cut saves what, 1M and change. You can play with the numbers and shuffle the pieces around. If I knew this a month ago and you were to tell me BE wasn't coming back I'd probably freak a bit.

Not a big fan of trading Edwards and Cotchery for Mason an Plaxico

Yeah but at this point you just have to sit back, get some popcorn, and a pork belly to see what happens. Really exciting actually, this team tries to improve to win every year. I like it, the pork belly,

Yeah but at this point you just have to sit back, get some popcorn, and a pork belly to see what happens. Really exciting actually, this team tries to improve to win every year. I like it, the pork belly,

I just had some pork belly tacos made by some dude that used to be on Top Chef. They were very tasty.

Archived