All things Cotchery

MarylandJetsFan

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Mason at 37 is better than Jericho Cotchery ever was.

Let's not get sentimental here. It's not like Cotchery was in the long term plans, anyway. I'd rather have Mason for next year, and anyone that watched both of them play the last three years would agree.

Cotchery was a good Jet. He gave us seven years of good service. I won't be losing sleep over the fact that we upgraded over him and sent him packing.

Just heard it on the radio................BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I guess Revis was smart for holding out, because when you are nice like Cotchery was and put the money aside to build the team...once the teams built you'll be released before you get your 4 mill.

Cotch should have went on hold out when he was the main man in town. Now he's never going to see that money.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is right. Then again, this is business...cotch forgot that, Revis didnt.

I guess Revis was smart for holding out, because when you are nice like Cotchery was and put the money aside to build the team...once the teams built you'll be released before you get your 4 mill.

Cotch should have went on hold out when he was the main man in town. Now he's never going to see that money.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is right. Then again, this is business...cotch forgot that, Revis didnt.

So this is one of those, "I'm right, you're wrong" posts. Got it.

Revis was a douche for holding out, he took an offer that was on the table for months!

Not true. Cotchery cashed out.

2007: $11M

2008: $2M+

2009: $2M+

2010: $2M+

2011: $325K workout bonus (received)

Total = 4 years $18M. Not bad pay considering he had one 900-yard season and one season with >3 TD's over that span.

Cotchery was (and maybe still will be) a solid if unspectacular WR. Revis is like a totally different species. Not at all comparable.

Total = 4 years $18M. Not bad pay considering he had one 900-yard season and one season with >3 TD's over that span.

Cotchery was (and maybe still will be) a solid if unspectacular WR. Revis is like a totally different species. Not at all comparable.

Cotchery made 11M in 2007??? Holy Smokes!!!

Revis was a douche for holding out, he took an offer that was on the table for months!

Revis was handling business, just like the Jets is handling business right now. And for the record, what was on the table for months wasnt what was told to him that he would get. Thats the reason he held out.....but as usual when it comes to the players point of view we have short memories.

99% I always agree with you....this is one of those 99.

Great response. Better than Vicious89's.

Cotchery made 11M in 2007??? Holy Smokes!!!

New contract renegotiation (extension from his rookie deal) signed 3/1/2007

$7M signing bonus

$850K base salary

$20K workout bonus

Renegotiation 12/29/2007

$3M signing bonus ($3M of 2008 salary advance-paid in 2007)

Total for 2007: $10,870,000

Revis was handling business, just like the Jets is handling business right now. And for the record, what was on the table for months wasnt what was told to him that he would get. Thats the reason he held out.....but as usual when it comes to the players point of view we have short memories.

Maybe somebody should let him know that, because that is not waht he said on SNY, which apparently only me and Sperm seem to have.

Mason is not confirmed yet.

Apparently Cotch asked for his release, and Rex asked him to stay. Not sure wtf is going on, but once again the drama queens here have jumped to the worst possible conclusion.

It may be a distinction without a difference, but I'm a closet drama queen. Just for the record.

Maybe somebody should let him know that, because that is not waht he said on SNY, which apparently only me and Sperm seem to have.

There's alot of SNY floating around the DVR space. I know what I heard though and I also know what was confirmed by Tanny himself.

But Brooklyn is bigger than The Bronx so I'll let you have it. :D

Mason is not confirmed yet.

Apparently Cotch asked for his release, and Rex asked him to stay. Not sure wtf is going on, but once again the drama queens here have jumped to the worst possible conclusion.

Cotch wants a release on a 4 million dollar contract? I can see why those drama queens would jump to conclusions. Doesnt sound like a player would do that when he's #3 on the depth chart.

I dont know of any other 4 mill Slot. Could be out there though.

The net savings is in the $1M range. Clearly the Jets simply wanted Mason instead of Cotchery and with that negligible 1-time savings it was about more than just money.

We'll see what happens & hope for the best. Given Cotchery's performance last year and current health status (when there is a very limited pre-season to begin with) keeping Cotchery over Mason is far from the obviously correct move. Time will tell on this one.

2008- 80 catches, 1037 yards, 64.8 y/g

2009- 73 catches, 1038 yards, 64.4 y/g

2010- 60 catches, 802 yards 50.1 y/g

So his numbers haven't gone down?

Those #'s trended down as he became the #3... are you saying you wouldn't want the JETS #3 to have 800 yards and 7 TDs?

What are you trying to prove?

Let's see

Mike T: "Hey Jericho listen we love having you as a NY Jet, but we can't justify paying a 3rd WR coming off back surgery 4 million dollars we would like u to take a pay cut"

Jericho: "I'm sorry Mike I feel I put in a lot of hard work for this franchise, I have done everything asked of me and I feel I deserve that 4 million"

Mike T: "listen Jericho we really want you to stay, but...."

Jericho: "sorry to interupt Mike, but I see where this is going I would like for you to try and trade me".

Mike T: "I'm sorry you feel that way I wish u would reconsider, you do understand if we can't trade you we will have to release you".

Jericho: "I understand Mike"

Let's see

Mike T: "Hey Jericho listen we love having you as a NY Jet, but we can't justify paying a 3rd WR coming off back surgery 4 million dollars we would like u to take a pay cut"

Jericho: "I'm sorry Mike I feel I put in a lot of hard work for this franchise, I have done everything asked of me and I feel I deserve that 4 million"

Mike T: "listen Jericho we really want you to stay, but...."

Jericho: "sorry to interupt Mike, but I see where this is going I would like for you to try and trade me".

Mike T: "I'm sorry you feel that way I wish u would reconsider, you do understand if we can't trade you we will have to release you".

Jericho: "I understand Mike"

Sounds like this could be spot on. It really didnt seem like Jericho wanted to be released, seemed like the Jets couldnt justify keeping to terms though Jericho was willing to.

Archived