Who was the worst Jets acquistion of recent memory?

MarylandJetsFan

I agree Mason is nothing like Conway in the slightest. Dude is an absolutely proven WR, who's had a hell of a career, with the only real question for him being age. Conway and McCarreins were both jokes though. There was that couple of year window the Jets suddenly forgot how to scout RBs (Derrick Blaylock and Kevin Barlow anyone?). Aaron Beasley was beyond horrendous. There were also any of the 35 white safeties brought here in the past decade before Leonhard finally proved to be worth a damn.

LOL Mason reminds you of Conway? Seriously? You guys are too much lol..

How about Doug Jolley? Doug Brien? Jay Fiedler (remember his what, 4 snaps before getting hurt?)?

And McCareins had moments at least.

Meh, he's not that far off with that comparison...Curtis had numerous 1,000 yard seasons and had a very productive lengthy career....the Jets got him at the twilight of his career.

Mason was better sure, but its a pretty decent comparison if you ask me.

The Doug Jolley, Nuggent year was the worst I remember.

Conway had a career very similar to Derrick Mason...

No, he didn't.

TD's

Mason: 66

Conway: 52

Catches

Mason: 924

Conway: 594

Yards/Game

Mason: 54.5 (60.2 with Baltimore, 6 yrs)

Conway: 49.3 (48.9 with Chicago, 7 yrs)

At the age of 33

Mason: 103 catches, 1087 yards, 5 TD's

Conway: 38 catches, 403 yards, 3 TD's

Meh, he's not that far off with that comparison...Curtis had numerous 1,000 yard seasons and had a very productive lengthy career....the Jets got him at the twilight of his career.

Mason was better sure, but its a pretty decent comparison if you ask me.

The Doug Jolley, Nuggent year was the worst I remember.

It's not close to being a decent comparison. Mason has put up numbers that a generation ago would have made him a 1st ballot HOFer. Conway was a JAG.

Steve Atwater.... You remember him?

I remember him being pretty good on NFL Blitz. That's it lol

Jolley, Nugent, McCareins, Conway, Von Oldfarten, Steve White, David Barret, Herm Edwards.........

Now that, sir...is a list.

It's not close to being a decent comparison. Mason has put up numbers that a generation ago would have made him a 1st ballot HOFer. Conway was a JAG.

Meh, its a good comparison. When Conway was healthy, he was just as productive as Mason. Mason's played 218 games, Conway 167 and Mason only has 12 more career TD's on almost double the catches.

Its a fair comparison.

Jolley, Nugent, McCareins, Conway, Von Oldfarten, Steve White, David Barret, Herm Edwards.........

That's quite a list, including a few guys I had forgotten about. That said, I still say David Barrett was way overly hated by Jets fans. He wasn't brought in as a savior and his first few years played decently enough all things considered in Herm's ridiculous Cover Who defense.

Archived