Braylon Edwards signs with 49ERS

Morrissey

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone is loosing their sh*t over this WR deal but it is what it is and it's time for this offense to step up. We have Holmes, we have Keller, we have what will probably be an above average wr in Plax, and we have Mason who should do good too. Yeah I'd like to have had Cotch stay but Braylon .. I really really wanted him back but there was something with the whole Braylon situation that we don't know about and thank god it's over. Time to play some Jets football.

Ps - Ive never seen so many grown men whine so much. Youre a bunch of spoiled little girls.

What the hell is Tanny doing? He better have something up his sleeve.

He's low balling Ellis, cuts Cotchery, is about to sign an ancient dinosaur, lets Edwards sign with San Fran for 1 yr/$3.5 mil, and reportedly we are $9 million under the cap. WTF is going on?

We gave Plaxiglass 1 year 3.017 Mill for 1 year, Braylon signs for a bit over that. What a fck up.

We go from Holmes, Braylon, Cotchery to Holmes, Cheddar Bob and a dude from the Cretaceous period. Awesome upgrading Tanny!

What, the Jets money isn't real? or are you just trying to make excuses for Tanny?

He may think he has a better chance of getting his FA dollars up in SF. There he is 100% guaranteed to be starting on a team that will need to pass a ton. I think it is likely he would have started with the Jets but it is not a guarantee that he could have held off Plaxico for an entire season. Plus the Jets are in must-pass situations less due to the defense.

That and his ego might be hurt too much to return to the Jets under the circumstances. Don't underestimate that and simply brush away a young man's pride. One never knows how many Jets teammates he bragged to that he was going to cash in for big bucks on a multi-year deal. 1 year $3.5M is quite the tail-between-the-legs retreat and may be outright too embarrassing to be in that clubhouse for another year without such a contract.

Looks like an upgrade to me.

Yeah, it's too early to call. Whether this is an upgrade or a downgrade is going to have to be determined in hindsight. This is being painted as Edwards at his best and Cotchery of 5 years ago vs has-been Plaxico and has-been Mason. It's Braylon Edwards a fart away from missing 1/4 of the season and Cotchery who may miss the entire month of August camp/practice in an already-abbreviated pre-season.

Also I think Plaxico is a safer bet to behave himself for a full season after what he went through. My opinion anyway.

None of these 4 WRs are sure things to do anything.

He may think he has a better chance of getting his FA dollars up in SF. There he is 100% guaranteed to be starting on a team that will need to pass a ton. I think it is likely he would have started with the Jets but it is not a guarantee that he could have held off Plaxico for an entire season. Plus the Jets are in must-pass situations less due to the defense.

That and his ego might be hurt too much to return to the Jets under the circumstances. Don't underestimate that and simply brush away a young man's pride. One never knows how many Jets teammates he bragged to that he was going to cash in for big bucks on a multi-year deal. 1 year $3.5M is quite the tail-between-the-legs retreat and may be outright too embarrassing to be in that clubhouse for another year without such a contract.

Good for him, I guess. Not a terrific situation. Alex Smith is still completely enigmatic. I guess if that offense breaks out this year, Braylon will get credit. Seems like a lot to ask for that offense to break out, though. If he's third in catches behind Davis and Crabtree, that won't necessarily be good for him, either.

I could see wanting a change of scenery along with a pay cut, too. The guy is immature.

Boy, have the mighty have fallen. A one year for 3.5? You know, I didnt want believe the "diva" rumblings about Braylon, but the Jets with cap room stayed away. That speaks loudly

Archived