•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Braylon Edwards: blame idiots calling shots, not Mark

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Lizard King

Lizard King

Special Breed of Crazy

• Members
  • 6,178 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Via Bleacher Report. Just hit my phone so no link. Can anyone confirm?

#2 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Braylon Edwards ā€¸@OfficialBraylon
Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance

Retweeted 471 times

I'm sure he meant prove, but maybe it was a Freudian slip?

#3 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,526 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

The idiots calling the shots arent responsible for 44 turnovers since last year.

Yes, thats right, Mark has turned the ball over 44 times in the last 2 seasons. Unreal, right?
Posted Image

#4 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

http://www.nj.com/je..._blame_the.html

Braylon Edwards says 'blame the idiots calling the shots' for Mark Sanchez's struggles

By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
on December 04, 2012 at 7:43 AM, updated December 04, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Posted Image Braylon Edwards (17) and Mark Sanchez celebrate together back when Edwards was a Jets wide receiver. William Perlman/The Star-Ledger
Braylon

Edwards has apparently weighed in on the Jets three-way quarterback controversy.
In a Tweet posted early Tuesday morning on Edwards' official page, the former Jets wide receiver said (sic): "Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance."
Edwards did not specify who the "idiots" were that he was referring to. By all indications, Edwards had a close relationship with head coach Rex Ryan.

Edited by CrazyCarl40, 04 December 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#5 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

The idiots calling the shots arent responsible for 44 turnovers since last year.

Yes, thats right, Mark has turned the ball over 44 times in the last 2 seasons. Unreal, right?

Braylon has been gone two seasons! Conspiracy! :)

#6 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,683 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

There are idiots calling shots, but anything that Braylon says has to be tossed in the trash.
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#7 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

and he beat goes on... the beat goes on...

Edited by JADEDGREEN, 04 December 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,762 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Mark Sanchez sucks, but you can rightfully point to the incompetence of the front office for much of his sucking. They thought it was a good idea to surround him with Plaxico, Derrick Mason and Santonio at one point. There's no spinning that kind of idiotic thinking.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#9 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Sanchez played his best when Braylon was here though even that wasn't very good. Not bringing him back for no money was beyond stupid.
Tank for Teddy.

#10 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,082 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Mark Sanchez sucks, but you can rightfully point to the incompetence of the front office for much of his sucking. They thought it was a good idea to surround him with Plaxico, Derrick Mason and Santonio at one point. There's no spinning that kind of idiotic thinking.

And Braylon.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#11 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 29,071 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Braylon Edwards has no ax to grind with the Jets' coaches and management for not re-signing him (twice). And he's smart, too.

JetNation.com

#12 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

ARE WE BLAMING SCHOTTY AGAIN!??!?!?

#13 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,351 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Bray is calling out Tannenbaum. Sanchez sucks, but Tannenbaum sucks too.
Posted Image

#14 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 29,071 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Bray is calling out Tannenbaum. Sanchez sucks, but Tannenbaum sucks too.

Duh. Edwards being correct in saying 1+1=2 doesn't mean he's also right in saying 1+2=2.

JetNation.com

#15 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 23,255 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I suppose Sanchez probably would have sucked no matter who the cast was....but the 2010-2011 offseason made absolutely zero sense.

#16 Jetfan13

Jetfan13

older but better

• Members
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

I feel really dirty right now but, GULP, I agree...
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

#17 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

sanchez is a bigger locker room cancer then those guys... BOOK IT!

#18 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

I suppose Sanchez probably would have sucked no matter who the cast was....but the 2010-2011 offseason made absolutely zero sense.

It seemed like Sanchez had some rapport with Edwards and 2010 was a step forward from 2009, it seemed anyway. They removed Braylon from the equation, gave Holmes a boatload of money, and Sanchez has regressed these last two seasons. I'm not saying Braylon is the ONLY reason Sanchez has sucked, but it's obvious now that it is part of it.

#19 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,395 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

It seemed like Sanchez had some rapport with Edwards and 2010 was a step forward from 2009, it seemed anyway. They removed Braylon from the equation, gave Holmes a boatload of money, and Sanchez has regressed these last two seasons. I'm not saying Braylon is the ONLY reason Sanchez has sucked, but it's obvious now that it is part of it.

See this is where you're dead wrong. There was no progression in 2010, and no regression since, unless you count going from "sucking" to "sucking just as badly while sprinkling in an attitude of 'I don't want to be here'" as regression.

2010 was probably the most talented Jets team EVER, or at least top 3. It hid Mark's flaws quite nicely. When you have a HOF back, some solid receivers, an outstanding O-line, and the top pass defense, of course he's going to look like he improved.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 04 December 2012 - 10:14 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#20 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Sometimes a guy just sucks.
Tank for Teddy.

#21 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,351 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

There is no bigger locker room cancer than Holmes.

But Sanchez is a negative force in the locker room, but not because he's an ahole like those guys. It's because he sucks and by sucking, he has drained the life out of the locker room.
Posted Image

#22 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,351 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

See this is where you're dead wrong. There was no progression in 2010, and no regression since, unless you count going from "sucking" to "sucking just as badly while sprinkling in an attitude of 'I don't want to be here'" as regression.

2010 was probably the most talented Jets team EVER, or at least top 3. It hid Mark's flaws quite nicely. When you have a HOF back, some solid receivers, an outstanding O-line, and the top pass defense, of course he's going to look like he improved.

Sanchez sucks, but this is complete nonsense. The Jets D blew a good number of leads in 2010 and needed Sanchez to bail them out in last minute drives. That was the start of "Rex's D sucking on 3rd down" and "can't stop anyone when it counted." Sanchez got most of his 4th quarter comebacks in his career that year because of blown leads.
Posted Image

#23 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Sometimes a guy just sucks.

There is no bigger locker room cancer than Holmes.

But Sanchez is a negative force in the locker room, but not because he's an ahole like those guys. It's because he sucks and by sucking, he has drained the life out of the locker room.

ill take either of these answers. But if sanchez takes the field again i can see the other jets players rolling over to die

#24 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,395 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Sanchez sucks, but this is complete nonsense. The Jets D blew a good number of leads in 2010 and needed Sanchez to bail them out in last minute drives. That was the start of "Rex's D sucking on 3rd down" and "can't stop anyone when it counted." Sanchez got most of his 4th quarter comebacks in his career that year because of blown leads.

I said 2010 was a great TEAM. Not just defensively. Mark's comebacks were engineered by some great catches by the Holmes-Edwards tandem. Remember the slant that Holmes took to the house against the Lions?

The defense had two spectacular playoff performances against Peyton and Brady. That's what I remember most, not the "couldn't get off the field on 3rd down" issues.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 04 December 2012 - 10:24 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#25 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,351 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I said 2010 was a great TEAM. Not just defensively. Mark's comebacks were engineered by some great catches by the Holmes-Edwards tandem. Remember the slant that Holmes took to the house against the Lions?

The defense had two spectacular playoff performances against Peyton and Brady. That's what I remember most, not the "couldn't get off the field on 3rd down" issues.

Selective memory.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users