•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Simply give Cano a 10-year $100 billion contract today...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

as per Tim McCarver. Also perhaps they can give him one of those huge check thingies like he's Shooter McGavin.Also, a chunk of the Yankees.  May be, then, Cano will run hard to first every time, something Jeter and even Alex Rodrigues have always done.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#2 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,764 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

100 billion is a lot.  I would go 86 billion, tops. 

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#3 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

100 billion is a lot.  I would go 86 billion, tops. 

They're going to regret it if they backload this thing and he's making 10+ Billion a year at age 40

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 02 June 2013 - 02:03 AM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#4 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

They're going to regret it if they backload this thing and he's making 10+ Billion a year at age 40

Anything over 5 years is a mistake. If Cano and his agent can find a club dumb enough to do that, vaya con Dios. Cano is very productive for a MI right now in the regular season.  But at the  the same age so were Jimmy Rollins,Ryne Sanfberg, Chase Utley and Barry Larkin and a whole host of other quality  MI guys. All of whom pretty much sucked post 33/34(or do now in Rollins and Utley's case). There are historically 2 exceptions-Jeter and Joe Morgan. Cano doesn't have the work ethic of either and not the speed of Morgan.   And if you're gonna demand to be paid such a sum, perhaps being an auto out in October is not a good thing. When the calendar turns to October and the rotations on the Royals and Astros have gone home, not so much of a great hitter. And while it statistically is probably not that big a deal, why not run hard to first every time? .

Edited by Bugg, 02 June 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#5 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts
  • LocationClarksville, TN by way of New England

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Anything over 5 years is a mistake. If Cano and his agent can find a club dumb enough to do that, vaya con Dios. Cano is very productive for a MI right now in the regular season.  But at the  the same age so were Jimmy Rollins,Ryne Sanfberg, Chase Utley and Barry Larkin and a whole host of other quality  MI guys. All of whom pretty much sucked post 33/34(or do now in Rollins and Utley's case). There are historically 2 exceptions-Jeter and Joe Morgan. Cano doesn't have the work ethic of either and not the speed of Morgan.   And if you're gonna demand to be paid such a sum, perhaps being an auto out in October is not a good thing. When the calendar turns to October and the rotations on the Royals and Astros have gone home, not so much of a great hitter. And while it statistically is probably not that big a deal, why not run hard to first every time? .

I agree. 

However, would the Yankees be willing to allow their only 'young' offensive talent walk over an extra year?  I doubt it.

Again, I do not disagree with your point.

I just do not think the Yankees are going to waiver over that year if...and it is a big if Bor-ass asks for 6. 

The Yankees have too many FAs and the ones staying are question marks.  

If Boras asks for 6 years and he would be a fool not to, then I do not see how the Yankees draw a line in the sand with their current composition. 

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#6 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

I agree. 

However, would the Yankees be willing to allow their only 'young' offensive talent walk over an extra year?  I doubt it.

Again, I do not disagree with your point.

I just do not think the Yankees are going to waiver over that year if...and it is a big if Bor-ass asks for 6. 

The Yankees have too many FAs and the ones staying are question marks.  

If Boras asks for 6 years and he would be a fool not to, then I do not see how the Yankees draw a line in the sand with their current composition. 

Boras isn't Cano's agent anymore. We really don't have any idea what his new agent is going to do but on the yankees' end 5 years at more money per year makes a lot of sense than 6 or 7. 

Tank for Teddy.

#7 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Boras isn't Cano's agent anymore. We really don't have any idea what his new agent is going to do but on the yankees' end 5 years at more money per year makes a lot of sense than 6 or 7. 

Did he sign with Jay-Z?

And more $$ (e.g. close to Hamilton's 5/125) makes a lot of sense.

Eagle Honors
"Our two most painful Patriots' losses ever, are sandwiched between two Manning family Superbowl victories. Talk about being the book of squandered opportunities between two butt hole bookends."
"I just wish they didn't get lucky when they selected that arrogant cleft-chinned, super-modeling banging prick in the sixth round out of Michigan. It's amazing how much I hate Mo Lewis now."

#8 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,106 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

i say 8 year deal for 200

maybe 10 years for 210 

Blackout, on 16 Oct 2014 - 10:28 PM, said: i HATE saying this but CJ2k is now CJ 0.5K at this point

#9 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

i say 8 year deal for 200

maybe 10 years for 210 

:rl:

Eagle Honors

#10 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

If Cano is otherwise occuppied such that running hard to first when there's 2 outs in the 9th is beneath him, time to put him on the trading block and be done with him. Granted it probably would've made no difference but may be the fielder hurries his throw and the game is prolonged. We'll never know because he habitually jogs to first and fielders know that. There is noi way the Yanks should give this guy a shiny new long term deal.NONE.

#11 PFSIKH

PFSIKH

Patriots' Paradigm CEO

• Members
  • 19,286 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

If Cano is otherwise occuppied such that running hard to first when there's 2 outs in the 9th is beneath him, time to put him on the trading block and be done with him. Granted it probably would've made no difference but may be the fielder hurries his throw and the game is prolonged. We'll never know because he habitually jogs to first and fielders know that. There is noi way the Yanks should give this guy a shiny new long term deal.NONE.

Call the Dodgers.  Maybe they will take him off your hands.

Eagle Honors

#12 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Call the Dodgers.  Maybe they will take him off your hands.

Watching Cano ABs is like watching stacks of $100 bills be set on fire on a daily basis. Doesn't matter if his agent is Boras or Jay Z, he simply doesn't understand that if he wants that kind of money half assing it is not going to work. You can fault A-rod for a lot of things; running hard to first isn't one of those things.

#13 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Cano is making himself more and more money during this stretch. The yanks have to back up the Brincks truck right?

#14 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,106 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Remember when Crazycarol said that some red sock 2nd baseman was better than Cano?   silly stuff

Blackout, on 16 Oct 2014 - 10:28 PM, said: i HATE saying this but CJ2k is now CJ 0.5K at this point

#15 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Remember when Crazycarol said that some red sock 2nd baseman was better than Cano? silly stuff

My name is Carl and I stand by it. I'd rather have Pedroia than Cano. That's just my opinion and I'm welcome to it as are you to yours.

#16 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,106 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

My name is Carl and I stand by it. I'd rather have Pedroia than Cano. That's just my opinion and I'm welcome to it as are you to yours.

that is like saying you'd prefer eating a good cheeseburger over filet mignon.

#17 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

Your opinion on anything sports related is equivalent to the a$$hole's that refused to acknowledge the earth wasnt flat. You're sick in the head and refuse reason.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#18 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Your opinion on anything sports related is equivalent to the a$$hole's that refused to acknowledge the earth wasnt flat. You're sick in the head and refuse reason.

Wow. Tell me how you really feel. If you don't like what I have to say, please block me.

#19 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

that is like saying you'd prefer eating a good cheeseburger over filet mignon.

No it's not. Both are very good players. You can't go wrong with either one. I can see Cano getting his big pay day and becoming lazier. I don't see Cano playing two months of the season with a torn ligament in his hand. Pedroia is the glue that puts this Red Sox team together. Cano is a fantastic hitter. I want a leader. I'll take Pedroia and I'm not alone in that opinion.

#20 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

No it's not. Both are very good players. You can't go wrong with either one. I can see Cano getting his big pay day and becoming lazier. I don't see Cano playing two months of the season with a torn ligament in his hand. Pedroia is the glue that puts this Red Sox team together. Cano is a fantastic hitter. I want a leader. I'll take Pedroia and I'm not alone in that opinion.

Would contend the "gritty/intangible" thing really is overrated.And how is it always related to some scrappy little white guy?

Cano could be the streakiest hitter you will ever see.The money isn't the issue, the years are. And simply no sane team is a giving him a deal that goes much psst his 35th birthday.

#21 Bob

Bob

Retired Short-season Single-A Baseball Player

• Members
  • 13,245 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Arod is done. Jeter is falling apart. Tex and Granderson are perpetual question marks. The Yankees have one star who can keep them relevant for the next few years. They need to pay Robbie Cano.

Bob the Jets Fan™ Posted Image
I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#22 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,106 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Arod is done. Jeter is falling apart. Tex and Granderson are perpetual question marks. The Yankees have one star who can keep them relevant for the next few years. They need to pay Robbie Cano.

A-rod isn't done but I agree with the rest.

#23 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,479 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

A-rod isn't done but I agree with the rest.

Depends on the appeal doesn't it?

#24 Bob

Bob

Retired Short-season Single-A Baseball Player

• Members
  • 13,245 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Even if he wins, he's JAG now.

Bob the Jets Fan™ Posted Image
I want zombie Ronald Reagan to eat Donald Trump and sh*t out a bunch of little Palins.

#25 Blackout

Blackout

Circle Of Bosses

• Members
  • 33,106 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Even if he wins, he's JAG now.

just plain wrong sir

.287 average, .387 on-base % and .492 slugging %     and he has had many big hits too.

these are all well above the league average.  his OPS adjusted is 139.  100 is average. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users